Music What are we listening to?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

I can remember you recommending them a while ago but only just got round to listening to them properly. A really nice easy listen tbh, nothing groundbreaking just music that gives you a nice warm feeling.
Yeah. My fave album of theirs is Peripheral Vision but I've listened to Good Nature a little more, just because of how easy listening and nice to play in the summer it is.

hubbuh

Would anybody know how to discover a song from a short clip?

I desperately want to know what the song is from 3:36 onwards. It's got a very a downtempo, trip-hop naughties sort of sound. I neeeeeeds it.

GiddyUp

A very dear friend of mine took his life 10 years ago tomorrow. I have played this song nearly every day since I read about a similar loss to this band.

GiddyUp

I play this one soon after to remind me how precious my family are and to never take your loved ones for granted.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Feck it, I’m in the mood...

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
RIP Billy Jo Shaver. What a songwriter.

Shaver wrote most of Waylon Jennings' hit album Honky Tonk Heroes, too. Many of his songs were autobiographical, which gives them a real heartfelt authenticity. Honky Tonk Heroes was based on time spent at a bar where his mom worked.

0le

I am ashamed to admit I was just listening to the ghostbusters theme.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow I haven't thought about that album in ages, thanks for reminding me it exists.

That track with David Byrne is incredible.
Yes it is!

Amazing thing is though, after 3ft high and rising, bar "All Good", I pretty much ignored De La Soul until I stumbled across this album (the massive advantage of subscribing to a streaming service) about a week ago! I love this album and contrary to what usually happens now (the downside of a streaming service) I listen to the full album from track one onwards almost everyday, like I used to back in the day after buying an LP or a CD.

Lebowski

Yes it is!

Amazing thing is though, after 3ft high and rising, bar "All Good", I pretty much ignored De La Soul until I stumbled across this album (the massive advantage of subscribing to a streaming service) about a week ago! I love this album and contrary to what usually happens now (the downside of a streaming service) I listen to the full album from track one onwards almost everyday, like I used to back in the day after buying an LP or a CD.
Yeah, I'm exactly the same. Streaming has re-ignited my love of albums and back catalogues. The other great thing being that like you mention, you can use that album as a jump off point and go into the artists back catalogue and check out everything you've missed.

Since this is the 'what are you listening to?' thread, I shall post my latest discovery which you may get a kick out of since it's alternative hip-hop. The entire album is a psychedelic hip-hop journey in the vein of Madvillainy MF Doom with a more far eastern twist.

Marlowe - Marlowe 2

First single from the album below:

'Marlowe' is a North Carolina collab between the producer L'Orange and MC Solemn Brigham. I first heard of the project when their second album released this summer and loved it, and have now gone back and listened to their first album from 2018, another brilliant release. Marlowe 2 is quickly challenging Unlocked for my favourite hip-hip release of the year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I've felt you coming girl, as you drew near
I knew you'd find me, 'cause I longed you here
Are you my desitiny?
Is this how you'll appear?
Wrapped in a coat with tears in your eyes?
Well take that coat babe, and throw it on the floor
Are you the one that I've been waiting for?