Music What are we listening to?

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Literally listening to it now, not got a lot on this morning, crappy weather and nowhere to go. This is really good. Underworld are one of my favourite bands of all time and there are more than a few references to them here. Great stuff though.
Definitely, if you were into rave culture, you'd like this. Suburban Heights and Bad Blood are possibly my 2 favourite songs by them and was a tad disappointed they didn't make the album.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Definitely, if you were into rave culture, you'd like this. Suburban Heights and Bad Blood are possibly my 2 favourite songs by them and was a tad disappointed they didn't make the album.
Got bad blood on Spotify, no Suburban Heights though, I’ll sniff it out from somewhere.

Like them, like I said, I love both Underworld and New Order / Joy Division and you can hear references to all of them. Great stuff. My new album of the week this week!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
HALLELUJAH
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS

On the first day of May I took to the road
I’d been staring out the window most of the
morning
I’d watched the rain claw at the glass
And a vicious wind blew hard and fast
I should have taken it as a warning
As a warning As a warning
As a warning

I’d given my nurse the weekend off
My meals were ill prepared
My typewriter had turned mute as a tomb
And my piano crouched in the corner of my room
With all its teeth bared
All its teeth bared All its teeth bared
All its teeth bared

Hallelujah Hallelujah
Hallelujah Hallelujah

Love reading Cave's lyric. So rich with substance.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Im up to sgt peppers now on my Beatles first play through.

the first album reminded me of a 1960s holiday camp even though I’ve never been to one, the next few were quite slow and boring tbh with one song here or there ok, easy listening though when doing other stuff. One song though I found myself whistling or singing quite often after listening to it, I like it, posted below.

Revolver is when it seemed to wake up, enjoyed that album and stopped what I was doing to listen to a few songs.

sgt peppers, I think this is where they found a new dealer or new kind of drug :smirk:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Im up to sgt peppers now on my Beatles first play through.

the first album reminded me of a 1960s holiday camp even though I’ve never been to one, the next few were quite slow and boring tbh with one song here or there ok, easy listening though when doing other stuff. One song though I found myself whistling or singing quite often after listening to it, I like it, posted below.

Revolver is when it seemed to wake up, enjoyed that album and stopped what I was doing to listen to a few songs.

sgt peppers, I think this is where they found a new dealer or new kind of drug :smirk:

The story with Revolver is that they were all doing tons of various drugs (cocaine, heroin, LSD, etc), which is reflected in the variety of the tracks.

Sgt. Pepper's isn't quite the way you see it. They were done with touring and wanted to make an album that was impossible to play live.

I Should Have Known Better is a great track. Very upbeat and wonderful vocal harmonies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The story with Revolver is that they were all doing tons of various drugs (cocaine, heroin, LSD, etc), which is reflected in the variety of the tracks.

Sgt. Pepper's isn't quite the way you see it. They were done with touring and wanted to make an album that was impossible to play live.

I Should Have Known Better is a great track. Very upbeat and wonderful vocal harmonies.
Think they also came in separately and laid down the tracks. They were done as a band.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Ah right, Thanks for the info. I know no back story, I thought I’d get through the albums and then maybe look into the ones I liked more and see then.

Interesting you mentioned revolver as when they were hard into everything at the time and that’s the first album that piqued my interest really, it had great variety,

I only mentioned sgt peppers with them having a new dealer because it just seemed a bit out there with the Indian music and a few others I thought wtf, as if they were bored of just making songs and were experimenting more. I’ll give it another listen once I’m through them all, I don’t want to ruin the flow now