Music What are we listening to?

DavelinaJolie

At the moment I'm not listening to anything, however tomorrow I will be listening to Children of Bodom's "Hatebreeder" album. Alexi Laiho, their vocalist/guitarist passed away at the age of 41. It's really wear to think that album came out when I was 17 ('99). I can't believe it's over 20 years old now.

Incredibly skilled guitarist.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

A country music loving friend of mine sent me this last week after Tony Rice died, who I didn't know before.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
At the moment I'm not listening to anything, however tomorrow I will be listening to Children of Bodom's "Hatebreeder" album. Alexi Laiho, their vocalist/guitarist passed away at the age of 41. It's really wear to think that album came out when I was 17 ('99). I can't believe it's over 20 years old now.

Incredibly skilled guitarist.
feck. Absolute sad news.

RIP Alexi :(

Man, I remember buying heavy metal magazines that would usually come with a promotional CD with songs from different bands from around the world. One of them included "Deadnight Warrior" and I was hooked instantly. They were pretty much teenagers, just a few years older than me. This was around back in 1998.
Always gonna remember their 2004 concert in Chile.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yay!

If you've been around in the 90s to play the game you might enjoy this :D
That'll be fun tomorrow. :)

I think I never actually played Monkey Island 1, but I played all the others. Pt 2 especially is a classic of the genre. I should still try and get my hands on MI 1! (And Loom, The Dig, and Full Throttle.)

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That'll be fun tomorrow. :)

I think I never actually played Monkey Island 1, but I played all the others. Pt 2 especially is a classic of the genre. I should still try and get my hands on MI 1! (And Loom, The Dig, and Full Throttle.)
Do so, it's the best one. If you want the original feel, I'd recommend the old school version on a DOS emulator over the remake. Although I don't know if its primitive graphics are as captivating without the biographical background.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Do so, it's the best one. If you want the original feel, I'd recommend the old school version on a DOS emulator over the remake. Although I don't know if its primitive graphics are as captivating without the biographical background.
Did they remake it? I missed that.

I like the Sierra remakes of SQ 1, KQ 1, and Larry actually. Although the originals are still fine as well. I remember seeing KQ 1 at my cousin's: they had a pc while we had an MSX. I was so impressed by that game! It's funny how that works: I am still fine with old VGA and EGA graphics, and virtually every new game impresses me with its look. It's nice to have such a low bar. :D (Although old gameplay can be hard. I have very fond memories of Dune 2, but playing it again now is really painful in terms of game mechanics and ease of use.)

Also sound cards - but basically sound quality hasn't really improved since the Sound Blaster AWE32 allowed for sampling. (And probably other sound cards; but that's the one we had.) That was a real revolution for me though. The first time the intro of Dune 2 started talking to me - wow!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yes, in 2009. Kills the feel for me. (My last post, as this is the music thread.)
Ah OK. I didn't really following gaming at all for a while, so that explains why I missed it.

You're right, back on topic. Great ska from Montreal - and the intro provides the segue from the gaming discussion. ;)

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Listened to all the Beatles albums now, really enjoyed them, theres such a random array of songs, I’m quite amazed. A few songs I knew and didn’t even know it was the Beatles all this time, also many that reminded me of more modern songs, even things like offspring, ha

I watched the Beatles film with Ed sheeran in last night, just by coincidence now I’ve finished the albums and enjoyed that too even though I suppose it’s a bit crap

I’ve been painting the house today so had them on Amazon music random list alllllll day, now I’m listening to them all again while not paying much attention theres some bangers but mixed in with such simple melodic songs, I love it, where’ve you been all my life, Beatles.
Glad I decided to listen through all the albums.

YouTube vid to keep in with the thread, even though I already knew this song, I think I like it even more since listening to the rest

HTG

Supports
Bayern

I feel so seen and understood by this song, it’s almost creepy. So beautiful.