Music What are we listening to?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've been hammering these and Spacemen 3 recently - Ladies and Gentlemen...is still totally absorbing all these years later. They played it in its entirety live a few years back and even the sketchy footage knocking around on YouTube makes it look awe-inspiring.

It really needs an official release.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I've been hammering these and Spacemen 3 recently - Ladies and Gentlemen...is still totally absorbing all these years later. They played it in its entirety live a few years back and even the sketchy footage knocking around on YouTube makes it look awe-inspiring.

It really needs an official release.
This album, Pure Phase and Laser Guided Melodies still get played regularly and I saw them two or 3 times live in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. The best though was on the ladies and gentlemen tour at Rock City in Nottingham. Totally incredible gig and I agree, there should be an official release of some live stuff.

I’ve found that during the Covid times me and my Mrs have been watching loads of live music on YouTube. Seems like a different universe now.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Spiritualised should be right up my street, but I’ve tried a few times over the past 20 years, and I just can’t get into them.
I have a mate the same. Likes everything similar but just not these. Horses for course I guess. I’m not a fan of all their stuff but pure phase and ladies and gentlemen were incredible pieces of work.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
This album, Pure Phase and Laser Guided Melodies still get played regularly and I saw them two or 3 times live in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. The best though was on the ladies and gentlemen tour at Rock City in Nottingham. Totally incredible gig and I agree, there should be an official release of some live stuff.

I’ve found that during the Covid times me and my Mrs have been watching loads of live music on YouTube. Seems like a different universe now.
No way, I saw them on the same tour at Manchester Academy. I know it was great and trippy as feck but the details are lost as I was pretty smashed.

Totally agree about live music, I've been watching/ listening to loads of it. It's one of the things I miss most about normality and is up near the top of my list of things to do when the bleakness recedes. Like watching crowds at old football matches, the communal aspect seems alien already. Like a past life being beamed into the living room. Weird.

Gordon S

Completely missed that Arab strap is back doing music again.

”The turning of our bones” is pretty brilliant in my ears.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Randomly remembered these guys and this song that I liked. Their story is that they were aspiring Scottish rappers who were told they'd get nowhere because they were Scottish and because of their accents. They then decided to create fake personas and pretend they were American and they landed record deal. They got found out and ended up losing the deal.

Part of me actually wonders whether their story might be somewhat embellished and that it might even be meta - a fake story about guys who had a fake story used to promote themselves? Deep down, I'm not positive people would have cared if they had fake American accents, not in a world where Iggy Azalea made it.

Anyway, enough of the rambling, that's quite a fun song.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Classic!

Listening to the lyrics "40 oz bottle" reminds me of.....

Not that it's like it's rare for rap songs to mention 40 oz bottles but that was the first other song that came to mind.