You're gonna dine with them cannibals
Sooner or later, darling, you're gonna get eaten

But I'm glad you've come around here with your animals
And your heart that is bruised but unbeaten
And beating like a drum

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm from Budapest and my great-grandparents were at the 1956 student protest. The top song is SS Lazio's most popular chant. It's a contemporary ode to the Hungarian revolution. The martyrs were buried in unmarked graves and any mention of the event was strictly forbidden in Hungary before the collapse of the Sovet Union. That's why Hungarians (who are terribly monolingual) use this Italian song in commemoration as well.

The 2nd song was the Iraqi NT chant when they won the Asia cup in 2007, only 4 years after the invasion. "Jeeb al kaas" means "bring the cup". Asoud al-rafidian means "lions of mesopotamia", which is a damn cool nickname. The chorus is catchy if you can get over the shite instrumentals.

I only play either of them when I don't mind getting all teary-eyed.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm from Budapest and my great-grandparents were at the 1956 student protest. The top song is SS Lazio's most popular chant. It's a contemporary ode to the Hungarian revolution. The martyrs were buried in unmarked graves and any mention of the event was strictly forbidden in Hungary before the collapse of the Sovet Union. That's why Hungarians (who are terribly monolingual) use this Italian song in commemoration as well.

The 2nd song was the Iraqi NT chant when they won the Asia cup in 2007, only 4 years after the invasion. "Jeeb al kaas" means "bring the cup". Asoud al-rafidian means "lions of mesopotamia", which is a damn cool nickname. The chorus is catchy if you can get over the shite instrumentals.

I only play either of them when I don't mind getting all teary-eyed.
Nice. :) I'll admit to knowing nothing about Mesopotamian music apart from this song:

;)