Music What are we listening to?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think they were Death Metal which all sounds the same anyway :)

The lead singer went solo after his band members mysteriously disappeared one by one, until he eventually 'dropped' out of the scene completely.
Ouch. Can't find it on YouTube either. You got a point there about death metal though.

Chipper

Adulterer.

I don't really understand how it all works, but apparently a computer is generating that on it's own. Chilled out late night background sound.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The Dreadnoughts usually make folk/polka/pirate/whatever punk, but their 2019 albums is all original and new shanties. This one is about a cidre produced in the Saguenay area, partly in their honour.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've been on a real Fugazi kick recently, first time in a few years. I knocked together a playlist of a few favourites from every album, which I've had a constant rotation this week

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Damn. This is some 80's Miami Vice deliciousness! Are they generally of this aesthetic? Also, know any other bands that do the retro synth stuff?!
The upcoming album is apparently going to be sounding quite a bit like that song, but their (her) previous stuff has mostly been dream/indie pop and rock, there is this other synth-y single though which is great

Maybe look up some stuff like Part Time, Sports, Yumi Zouma, Tennis on Spotify and see what playlist/recommended artist rabbits holes they lead you down

Maximillion...maximillion

You need to listen to this one:
:lol: That was quite unexpected. It sounds good though, just not what I would imagine, more like some grown up Fresh Prince.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol: That was quite unexpected. It sounds good though, just not what I would imagine, more like some grown up Fresh Prince.
Yeah, pre-Wu-tang. A case of the record company wanting a certain look, feel and sound. But they didn't spend any money to promote it, so the sales were abysmal. Gza said that after 36 Chambers came out, the record company re-released Words from the Genius but once again didn;t spend any money on promotion so it failed to sell twice, but he's proud of the work as lyrically he was very on point.

As goofy and early 90s as it is it's not as bad as Rza's Prince Rakeem, which I posted a page or two back. Again, a case of the record company dictating the sound, look and feel of an artist but my word what a difference from the Wu.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
YouTube is recommending me.slme.whack stuff recently. This is its latest :drool:

You've got Japanese Elvis on drums, Japanese Voldemort on Bass, and then what I am guessing is a retired Samurai on vocals/guitar. I can't stop listening to it.