Music What are we listening to?

MiracleInMadrid

The new Weeknd album is just out. 3 tracks in and I already know I'm gonna listen to it constantly this weekend.

The 80's sound is once again dominant. And I'm all for it.

MiracleInMadrid

It's amazing. My Top 3 from the album are these:
It really is. Love it already. So many great tracks that slowly creeps under your skin when listened to a couple of times.

I think this is the most he has sounded like Michael Jackson. His voice has always been there, but on this album the melodies, instrumentals and overall "feel" sounds more like MJ. With a EDM vibe though. "Out of time" really sounds like a track MJ put together in the 80s but produced in 2022.
I guess this is the Quincy Jones involvement.

I also here clear reference to Prince. The instrumentals (especially the drums) in "I Heard You're Married" sounds so Prince like. Love it. He also references Purple Rain and When Doves Cry in some of the lyrics, I think.

I bet it is a bit more welcoming than After Hours. The EDM elements makes it a bit more eatable for the broader audience, I think. Swedish House Mafia has been a part of production on several of the tracks. It really shines through.

If I have to pick a favourite right now, it must be between "How Do I Make You Love Me" and "Less Than Zero". The hook in both songs has been in my head all weekend.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I really like The Living End (well, less their second album). I'm now getting into their third album properly, and this is an epic song. As always, accessible punk with a bit of rockability mixed in (although not so much of that here).

Chipper

Adulterer.
Came on the radio at work today, seems to feature quite a lot on the station they have on. Always good for a bit of karaoke.