What are your expectations for Ten Hag's first season?

Revaulx

- Implementing modern style of play and principles.

- Getting Improvement out of some current players.

- Improving fitness levels across the board.

We do these things and I’ll be thrilled because none of them have anything to do with whatever business we do in the summer.
If he can do any of the above with any player that's been in the senior squad for more than a season I'll be delighted, but also amazed. The cement of complacency seems to have set too hard over them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Improvement on overall team play.

And hopefully top 4 too, as we will need to stay in CL.

He will need time to rebuild this squad and play his own way for sure. I am not expecting a trophy within the next 2 seasons.

Red_Aaron

He needs to re-establish OT as a place teams dread coming to
I'm sick of seeing all sorts of crap turn up at our ground and have a lovely old time of it

It will go a hell of a long way toward getting us back in contention

Idxomer

Nah feck that and feck sentiment. Klopp was 6th with Liverpool his first year but you could clearly see the vision and they were a terror to play against.Id be perfectly happy with a similar season here where the structure and system is promising that is in place, and we just have to improve personnel. Would much prefer that over scraping top 4 without much of an identity and just individual brilliance saving us
He was 4th in his 1st full season with 76 points which is a higher tally than United achieved in any season post-Fergie with the exception of 17/18.

Abraxas

A season where we find joy in watching our side. For whatever reason that is. Maybe it's young players, maybe it's new players that show desire and commitment, maybe it's his style of play.

A season where you look at us one week to the next and say to yourself, "I see what we're trying to do." Even if it doesn't always get us the results.

I don't have any expectations of trophies or a great points haul. In the second season I think demands will start to rise. But ultimately he is going to have to pick up one or two more results than Ole and Ralf.

Blood Mage

Ideally top 4 but would be okay with 5th or 6th provided we see visible progression in our style of play and performances. As long as we look like we're going in the right direction that'll be enough.

abailey123

A United team I feel genuinely bothered about again. Players playing for the badge and leaving every ounce on the pitch is a start.

I want a trophy,any trophy, League Cup / FA Cup. We need to get that feeling of winning again.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
We certainly won't be the world beaters people hope we'll be. It takes time to turn a bad team into a good one, as well as several transfer windows. Top 3 is my hope but 4th is my expectation.

At the very least I expect our players will look like they care more, which will vindicate everybody saying they've tuned out this year (which they have).

Flexdegea

Goals and players giving there all for the manager. Anything else is a bonus.

Just want to get to tanking teams and getting respected and no be a meme.

Also total squad gutting and I'd be very happy

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Be interesting to see what people's expectations are now, with us looking a shambles and before the summer transfer window.

What are your expectations for next season? What constitutes a good first year for the new manager?
I just want to see a team that looks like it's been coached during the week if I see that I still believe we have players who's ability will take us closer to the top, any top signings on top of that should give us a right good chance of success

keithsingleton

Be interesting to see what people's expectations are now, with us looking a shambles and before the summer transfer window.

What are your expectations for next season? What constitutes a good first year for the new manager?
None… Nearly 10 years of heartbreak I’ll sit on the fence and hope he does well.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Nothing less than the quadruple in his first season, or I'll be calling for his head and for Poch to be in.

Not really, if he can stabilise the team and get us playing like a team rather than a bunch of disinterested strangers, I'll be happy.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Ending Top 4 should be where the results are aiming.

Installing an efficient playing system is the other key object.

The transfer window will be crucial for the re-building.

NoPace

1. A clear system on the pitch
2. Results-wise, basically a similar season to Arsenal (plus 10 GD or so, better stats in terms of possession and stopping other teams from getting into our box) this year
3. 1-2 young players do well
4. Transfers bed in okay (can take 2 years but some should do okay or show really positive signs)

mctrials23

I think that top 4 isn't an unreasonable target at all but I won't care if we don't get it. Outside of Liverpool and City its all to play for unless Chelsea do some amazing business in the summer. They have some key players leaving as well.

All I really want to see if a team that is being coached towards playing a modern and cohesive style of football. Something I never saw under Ole. Even when he was doing well in the results we were playing like dirt most of the time and being outplayed by most teams. I want to watch us lose games but be able to say "we were by far the better team" rather than winning games and saying "the opposition were hard done by".

stw2022

Cut the deadwood. Bring some younger players through and implement a system and style to give us some identity

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Implement starting blocks of style. Expect teething issues and some hammerings along with some great performances. Little consistency in levels but consistency in selection and overall a sense of progress. Top 4 fight. A lot depends on the transfer window. To be honest, id he happy with a repeat of of Ole's first full season results wise.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
- Getting in players that are extremely physical, almost bullies.

- instilling a playing style that is instantly recognisable within weeks. (This is very possible, especially if recruitment's good)

- Winning against the smaller teams

- Top 3 finish

vlad93

Like Tuchels first season at Chelsea. A juicy premier league trophy using our academy players integrated within 6 months. The class of 2023.

MUFC OK

Top half finish. Identity. Running. Vertical transitions and most importantly, improve our xG.

DevTheRed

Top 4 and enjoyable football.

I’m not expecting massive changes after 1 season, and to be honest I’m not expecting to even be close to the top 2 until the third season let alone challenging for titles.

I just want to see consistency in how we play and clear progress season after season. The club seem to be making good footballing decision, let’s just hope it continues.

Dansk

All I really care about for his first season is a clear sign that this Egyptian curse is beginning to lift from the club. No expectations as far as trophies and league finish, but I want the players to play as if they actually enjoy football again, I want transfers that make sense, I want a stop to the cavalcade of press leaks, improved fitness and energy levels, a distinctive system of play, and no more walking about the pitch looking like they suffer from crippling depression. Get that and we'll be back at the top eventually. We have the money and the legacy to compete, but everything about this club has been at half mast for years now, and fixing that is the first priority. The rot, the dysfunction, the disillusionment that seems to surround MUFC.

LoneStar

Defined style of play, attacking football and most importantly, a consistent improvement of performance over the season. Top 4 would be good. But again, how we get there is more important. We were 2nd under Jose and Ole, but were miles off the title.

Even if Ten Hag is a great manager, he’ll have to compete with some of the best managers of all time in Pep and Klopp. Hoping their departure will coincide with our rise under him though.

Someone

Something
I want to feel that the team is on the right track in terms of style and attitude. That's all.

Fluctuation0161

I dont think we will finish in top 4 or win any cups. He has a massive 10 year overdue rebuilding job to do.

A big clear out. Signing some players who Gill the obvious holes in midfield and full back positions.

Getting rid of Maguire may be too bigger ask.

I just hope the board let him do his job focused purely on football.

daveskimufc

Mesh the new players, get a style of play going and where we can see an intention.

AgentP

My expectations are purely going to be the eye test. I don't care about trophies or stats or any of that. I want to see the team playing with actual purpose, follow a plan and try to execute it. Basically, instead of having a disoriented bunch of individuals running around the pitch, I would like to see us play like a real team.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
See Liverpool 2016/17. I expect top 4 and some very good performances, new signings hitting the ground running, with some serious wobbles along the way.