What are your expectations for Ten Hag's first season?

kirk buttercup

People have very short memories. We are way better now than we have been for quite a while. Finishing top 4 and winning a cup and also in a another cup final too is a very good first season. Back him and I'm sure we will improve again .

Rajma

With this bunch as it stands? Ferguson and Pep wouldn’t even manage that.
Well he better doesn’t the summer budget like he did previous summer with Antony and Malacia signings. That’s 120 odd million pounds right there that could have brought us some real quality.

Stadjer

Well he better doesn’t the summer budget like he did previous summer with Antony and Malacia signings. That’s 120 odd million pounds right there that could have brought us some real quality.
Funny how you lump in a very cheap option like Malacia with a too expensive player like Antony so you can put in your negativity towards Malacia :lol: Where are you going to find a better back up left back with room to improve for 15m euros?

Tap

People have very short memories. We are way better now than we have been for quite a while. Finishing top 4 and winning a cup and also in a another cup final too is a very good first season. Back him and I'm sure we will improve again .
Agreed. This has been a good season with CL qualification assured and a trophy won.

Good start by ETH

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Malacia is an excellent signing. Also combined those 2 are less than 100m Malacia was 12mil. Antony 81m or so.

Pickle85

Exceeded my expectations of his first season, particularly after the way we started the season. Great to be back in the CL again and two finals with one in the bag is great work.

mu4c_20le

Funny how you lump in a very cheap option like Malacia with a too expensive player like Antony so you can put in your negativity towards Malacia :lol: Where are you going to find a better back up left back with room to improve for 15m euros?
Estupinan and Renan Lodi

moodyred

I dont know if you remember how bad we were today's the end of the 2021/22 season.

Players were playing as individuals and there was hardly any teamwork. The football was unbearable to watch.

My expectation at the beginning was foe ETH to stabilise the team and get us to play some decent football. Getting into the top 4 will be a bonus.

He has done it and has definitely exceeded my expectation.

Red Rash

This season has exceeded my expectations in terms of performances. I hoped for a top 4 finish which we achieved but didn't necessarily expect us to win any cups.

We have one and a chance at the FA Cup which is great.

In terms of performances I expected us to be a bit better as an attacking threat under ETH but Ronaldo dropped off massively at the start of the season and we didn't have the players to carry enough of a threat. Defensively we have largely been a lot more solid except for a few freak results.

Josep Dowling

We’re have a very good season given what happened last year. Could we have asked for anything more really? Especially if we win the FA Cup.

Just realised there are a couple of important things that are really quite similar between ETHs first season and Ole's first full season.

Our investment profile was really similar, in terms of cost: Maguire/Antony, Bruno/Casemiro, AWB/Martinez, James/Malacia - all roughly similar-sized investments. And, like that season, we'll be going into the final round of the season with a chance to finish third.

Quite a few differences too, of course (you don't have to tell me :) ).
Kin ell you are tiring.

Ole won nothing, and ETH in his first season after taking over an absolute shitshow has a) already won more than Ole did in 3 years, and with a win vs. Fulham he’ll better Ole’s best ever points total.

There’s nothing “similar” unless you’re desperate to find it, tis night & day.

Micky Targaryen

Didn't have much expectations in regards to ETH coming in despite all the caf hype. I would say I am satisfied with ETH's first season and we are on the right track. The next tricky bit is getting in the right summer transfers and see how he fares in the UCL. At minimum, UCL should be the main stay from here on out. My only peeve with ETH is that we targeted a heck ton of Dutch/Eredivisie players previously.

Loon

:lol:
If he pulls off an FA Cup win against all the odds. Wow. He'd have blown my expectations out of the water.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Done an excellent job under somewhat difficult circumstances.

The team he took on was poor and Ronaldo was a problem. He’s fixed the starting 11, and managed the Ronaldo situation perfectly. The ownership stuff with the glazers can’t be easy to have in the background either but no drama and has got on with it.

Casemiro and Licha have been great signings and I’m on the side of Antony will come good, granted we overpaid but i wouldn’t put that on him.

We’ve effectively got no striker, with Weghorst and Martial our only options which is terrible!

Irrespective of what happens in the FA cup final, I think he’s done a tremendous job and am looking forward to what next season holds!