What are your expectations for the rest of the season?

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Repairing the damage Solkjaer has done to the club.
Damage to the club?

I expect us to be able to break down and beat lower-table teams better than before, and gather more points where expected. A good run in December and the team could be flying with sky high confidence going into the new year.

On the other hand, the period of adjustment may be long and frustrating - all depends on how the coach and players can work together and how quickly the new plan can become effective.

FriedClams

Top 4 should be the bare minimum, although with a pretty good looking fixture list over the coming months and our rivals taking points off each other in that time, there could be a chance that we get a little closer to the big guns.

Against smaller teams, our new manager should now have us working harder than them which when coupled with our more talented players, should see us stop dropping points against what should be straightforward opposition. So another expectation is that we go back to being a team that lower half of the league teams fear and settle for a point before kick off, because recently sides like Watford have set up to get 3 points against us, which is just absurd really when you think about it.

DULLAGHAN

I'd be happy just not wanting to ignore that football exists between watching each of our games only to get depressed again and repeat the cycle.

Seeing the players play with a game plan, no conceding 1st every week and putting in a proper shift will do the job. If we do that we've undoubtedly got the quality to have a competitive 2nd half of the season.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The priority in terms of football is to try and get top 4.
But realistically the main this is to actually start to build a philosophy among the squad going forward, a bases for the next manager to take on.

ColvaleGoa

Don't think we will win anything.

Hope to just stop being a laughing stock of England and Meme Material. Need to have our Fear factor back.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
None. I'm expecting this season to be a write off result wise. I don't see how we could smoothly transition to a completely different style of playing with so little training and no pre season.

The moment we encounter a proper football machine in the CL we're done. We need some LVG luck to win the FA cup and I think a transition in style will see us drop a lot of points before our players have mastered it.

This season I'm more than happy if we try to play some proper football and get into the Mickey Mouse cup.

@FootyGirl88 Salt :(

always_hoping

Expectations are low, its the same group of error prone players that lacks leadership. Ralf has only six months with them and will soon find out about the task ahead of him. Objective should be 4th in table and I think his biggest challengers for that spot will be West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham.

Cup competitions depending on the draws of course, Look at the draw LVG got. Not going to win the CL but should be looking to bow out in a respectable manner against a contender.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
This squad was supposed to challenge for a title, so I still expect us to make a run at the top 4. We should be able to play long-ball counter-attacking Rangnick football, even if we'll struggle to press.

honirelandboy

Top four and maybe a cup.

Like to see new manager introduce four-three-three and a style of play.

Red Ten

Hi newbie here. My dad took me to my first match as a 6yo kid in 1962. Username is a homage to Denis.

Anyway, I might be going against the tide here but I’m thinking it might be best in the long run if we were to finish this season exactly where we are now - 8th. This would mean no European midweek distractions next season which would give the new manager a lot more time on the training pitches to drill the team with his new systems.

I think Klopp managed to get Liverpool to finish 8th in his first season which gave him plenty of time to work on the gegenpressing the following season. It doesn’t seems to be doing Arsenal much harm this season either.

Either way RR is not going to have a lot of time to get across his methods to these players so I expect us to continue to be inconsistent and could probably end up 8th just by virtue of our performances.

Hughie77

Top 4 push is not impossible 5 points off it. And plenty of games, Imo I think we could even be in top 4 by mid January or before, if this lot gets there heads right. So so much quality In the squad its a bit of a wrench to know how we are where we are In league.
A decent CL run would be nice but something tells me we draw PSG? A Good stab at the FA Cup. We will have to see how quick Ralph can get them organised, and get some confidence into them. You could see a little bit more in both games so far since Olly has gone, it only been for small moments of both games. It has to become better hasn't it?

Teja

Just make us competent at defending, pressing and play games on an even footing against the top sides. Sides like Wolves, Southampton look a lot more competent than us with half the talent.

As Rangnick himself says, even on bad days, you should be able to see the side's identity.

Luke1995

Must win FA Cup...

I fear we are going to finish outside the top 4 and not sure how far we can go in the CL.

Gordon S

I have no hope that Ralf can perform miracles with this team this season. We are in one hell of a tailspin right now and it`s gonna take a while to get things sorted. Hopefully we get a new manager bounce at least and get on a decent run.
Maybe he can help us get some direction for the long term at least