What are your feelings on Roy Keane?

StrettyEnder07

Yep you're right, Giggs's ball to Cantona set up the 2-2 equaliser. The days where Man United were totally unpredictable in attack, gets depressing reminiscing doesn't it?
Haha it does mate, took it all for granted back then that it was just the norm ha, ah well fingers crossed Ole does some del boy dealing and we have some exciting stuff next year, fingers crossed mate

Relfy

One of my all time hero's and the best captain the PL has ever seen without a shadow of a doubt. A brilliant player who could control a game and mix it up.

His management career is torn to shreds, but in fairness, he did a good job with Sunderland and wasn't in immediate danger of going down. Ipswich wasn't great but they've done feck all in the years that followed and have just gone down. It's not as though he dragged those clubs down to lower levels than when he started.

I wish there were more players with his mindset in our squad right now. We'd be a lot closer to the top with him in the team.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
If we had Roy Keane in the team last season we would have been contenders.
A born leader and winner who dragged, bullied and cajoled performances from his team mates.
His footballing abilities are scandalously underrated.Rooney said he was the best passer at the club, he could perform in any position.
He could have had a much higher goal scoring return but he sacrificed that part of his game for the good of the team.
As a manager he had one terrific season at Sunderland which indicated what he could have done in management.
As a man he dosn’t suffer fools and has a bad rep but I have no issue with that.
In my opinion he was the most important signing SAF made at United.
He was that good.

flappyjay

I think he is personality you need in the team but I don't think you want him as authority figurer like in management.

Loublaze

ATLien
Grade A prick, that's what he is. I tolerated him as a player and I still think his performance against Juventus in that CL semi comeback is one of the best i've ever seen from a United player but he failed to show leadership when he went off the rails in that MUTV rant and during Chelsea's emergence under Mourinho. His ending of Alf-Inge Haaland's career was also disgusting, pure thuggery.

Barry Red

Love him to bits. I've always admired people who stand by their convictions, even when it's not exactly diplomatic to do so. Where football is concerned he's done it all, so you have to respect his experience and knowledge. I have heard it said that his demeanour as a manager was coloured by the fact that he simply couldn't understand why his players weren't as good as he used to be and consequently thought they were slackers. IMHO one of the best pundits out there/

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Grade A prick, that's what he is. I tolerated him as a player and I still think his performance against Juventus in that CL semi comeback is one of the best i've ever seen from a United player but he failed to show leadership when he went off the rails in that MUTV rant and during Chelsea's emergence under Mourinho. His ending of Alf-Inge Haaland's career was also disgusting, pure thuggery.
How is this still a thing?

Lougie86

Supports
Partick Thistle
Legend. Sensational and underrated player. Fantastic captain. One of the few pundits nowadays with an actual opinion.

Yes his opinion might not always be right but at least he has one.

Flawed character in some people's view which has undeservedly taken away from his ability as player somehow.

Central midfield dream

Craig Ward

He's one of the few pundits that I look forward to hearing from.

He says it like it is, good or bad. Very rare in todays game.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Any team in the Europe today would bit your arm off to have a Roy Keane character. little more needs to be said

We'll See Out There!

Keano is a Legend! Lucky enough to see Captain Marvel Robbo play and drag United to glory at times. So I thought I'd never see another real driving force like him, but Keano was equally as effective in being that (on the pitch at least).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Obviously not a United fan...

Woeisme

Just realised that I've been scowling at the screen ever since reading this!
I guess that's the impact of "a grade A prick"

Love Roy Keane and everything he did for this club.

Loublaze

ATLien

Foxbatt

When you see the scowling face of Roy Keane lead the team out and the way he adjusts his arm band as he leads the team out I always feel that we are going to win the match. We are never beaten until the final whistle is blown. We miss Roy Keane and how I would love to have and player like him in this side too.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Keane was/is spot on about most things, his delivery isn’t the best though.

Regarding the MUTV rant...

As said on the other thread, that season was a fairly dark one at times and there was infighting at all levels of the club.

Keane probably gave the club (on the pitch anyway) the kick it needed.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It happened did it not? The man admitted it himself. The passage of time will never make it right
Keane deliberately tried to injure him, yes. But it was an injury to the other (left) knee which ended Haaland's career. Haaland was already carrying that injury but was playing through it, and he finished the match against us and played another two matches over the next week or two. He had surgery on it that summer but ultimately it forced him into retirement. Nothing to do with the tackle Keane made.

Last edited:

Red For Ever

Shocking tackle yes.

Maybe you need to check the actual facts about what caused Haalands career to end, as indicated by Haaland himself, it was his other knee that ended his career, and it was already a major problem for him before he walked on the pitch that day.

The talk about legal action was because Keane suggested he did it deliberately, not because the tackle on the right knee, effected his already injured left knee, the one that forced him to retire.

A few days after the tackle he payed for Norway, and again a few days later for City.

The MUTV rant, like his walking out on his country are both incidents that dont make any sense,

TRUERED89

Keane would do a job in this team even now, judging by the crap the current lot have been serving up for 6 years :lol:.

We'll See Out There!

"My job is to try and win matches for Manchester United Football Club" tell our current crop that. Wanna know what Roy Keane was about? Watch the Keane v Vieira Highbury video, read the post above about his face before the match, fixing the captains armband, total commitment was demanded from himself and all others around him. Warrior of a man and when he played United were always in the fight. Can never be replaced because they don't want player like him anymore, not marketable enough I'd guess!

TRUERED89

Will there be another captain like him in English football again? times have drastically evolved, We now have the JLingz era :lol:.

Jinn

Keane would absolutely light a fire up Lingard's ar*e for the video he posted. Problem right now is that we have nobody in the team like this.

Absolute colossal of a Captain.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Keane would absolutely light a fire up Lingard's ar*e for the video he posted. Problem right now is that we have nobody in the team like this.

Absolute colossal of a Captain.
Lingard would probably square up to him seeing as he’s always in the thick of it when scuffles on the pitch happen.

IrishRick

The MUTV rant, like his walking out on his country are both incidents that dont make any sense,
He didn't walk out on us. He was sent home. It's like the Haaland situation where the story overtook the truth.
Roy Keane, captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world and his country, was sent home by a prick who is somehow still managing us. All Keane wanted was for us to be professional and think, for once, that we can be more than plucky little Ireland. What he got was a shit show from management and the FAI

ants7

I like him a lot. Yeah he's probably aware of his image and acts up to it a bit but I agree with most things he's said so I like him. Specially his quotes about Jose and how he said that he's sick to death of him. Would be a privilege to witness a player with the same kind of mentality and attitude on the pitch wearing United shirt these days.

smallred

he is normally right about almost everything, sometimes he should bit his tongue but he has standards, that this club can now only dream of. problem is, people are too snowflakey now and he pisses weak personality people off. similiar to what happened with jose and the players last winter

Red00012

Can you imagine Keane putting up a Instagram of beans beans beans 20 years ago:lol::lol::lol:

Name Changed

weso26
I think somebody needs to do a little research.

Sir Scott McToMinay

A-He didn’t end anyone’s career, that’s a myth that needs to be put to bad.
B-Haaland had it coming, you have to have common sense, you don’t go yelling at people like Roy Keane when they’re in pain on the ground a second after they had a horrible season ending injury, some common sense... Roy Keane ffs.
Feck that prick Haaland.

You “tolerated him”, wow how kind of you to tolerate one of the greatest players in the club’s history.

With each year passing, I feel that Roy Keane should be back at the club, one of the few people who could put a stop to that circus.