Music What artist/band are you currently addicted to?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Everyone goes through those periods where they listen to one band or artist way more than others, right?

Mine is DIIV at the moment, love them :drool:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've been listening to Daft Punk'- Discovery a lot lately... And Cave In - Antenna... Trying to recapture my youth or something.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Agree with DIIV.
Going to see them at the end of the month.
At the same time I'm playing a lot Beach Fossils and Real Estate.
Nice :cool: I'd really like to see them live sometime.

Beach Fossils are great too. Been trying to play some of their sings on guitar. Like Real Estate too, great picks!

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Nice :cool: I'd really like to see them live sometime.

Beach Fossils are great too. Been trying to play some of their sings on guitar. Like Real Estate too, great picks!
Am I right in thinking you're based on the South Coast?
They're are playing Brighton on the 29th of this month.

Only recently got into Beach Fossils and Real Estate after finally opening a Spotify account, loads of good stuff out there if your prepared to go and find it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Am I right in thinking you're based on the South Coast?
They're are playing Brighton on the 29th of this month.

Only recently got into Beach Fossils and Real Estate after finally opening a Spotify account, loads of good stuff out there if your prepared to go and find it.
I am yeah. The Bristol one is actually closer to me, but both would be a bit of a hassle to get to though with the date that it's on. Will probably just wait and hope they play in Southampton the next time they come over here!

Yeah I've found so much stuff on Spotify. I have a playlist I'm always updating with this kind of stuff on you (or anyone else) might like

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I am yeah. The Bristol one is actually closer to me, but both would be a bit of a hassle to get to though with the date that it's on. Will probably just wait and hope they play in Southampton the next time they come over here!

Yeah I've found so much stuff on Spotify. I have a playlist I'm always updating with this kind of stuff on you (or anyone else) might like

Thanks for sharing.
At a quick glance there's bands I know and like ie Craft Spells, Daysleepers, Wild Nothing and a few others but will have a good nosey later.
I put off getting Spotify as I believed at least with iTunes what you bought was yours. My 2 daughter's bought me £30 worth of Spotify vouchers (as well as tickets to see The Chameleons this coming Saturday which is going to be massive for me) for christmas and with the 3 month free trail, I've got it free for 6 months and it's been a total revelation.
Not over keen on Still Corners, musically very good but I do cringe at some of the lyrics tbh.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
More than bands, I focus on loose songs that I find in shazam, looking for some more songs from that same band/ style. Right now I am with The who, New order(Blue monday is my song of the week) and a Spanish singer named Rosendo

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Wouldn't say I was addicted but I've been listening to a lot of Camel over the past month.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Manics.
Weezer.
Cure.

Never changes but now I have an amazing keyboard and guitar setup I'm learning how to play along for a change.

Amarsdd

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the sea
any mention of them I stumble upon always makes me want to go back to this record for a couple of weeks.
This time it was this

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Been a big fan for years of 'Within Temptation' a Dutch rock group & a group called 'Dare' which is fronted by ex Thin Lizzy keyboard player Darren Wharton. Hardly a day goes by where I've not listened to tracks from either group.

izzydiggler

Been a big fan for years of 'Within Temptation' a Dutch rock group & a group called 'Dare' which is fronted by ex Thin Lizzy keyboard player Darren Wharton. Hardly a day goes by where I've not listened to tracks from either group.
I think the most interesting thing about Dare is that Professor Brian Cox used to be the keyboard player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Became increasingly obsessed with Mark Kozelek's music throughout 2019, even the shite stuff.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Been digging into a lot of bebop recently. Tina Brooks and Sonny Clark are my go to artists in that space right now.

2 months ago it was Afrobeats.. Naira Marley was my guy then.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Might as well post this here - John Frusciante first footage back with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've been listening to lots of Elvis Costello over the past 6 months, especially his late 70's stuff. This Year's Model is a massively addictive album.

Hoof the ball

Probably Marc Anthony's, "3.0", album, but him in general.

In particular, this song has a lot of energy; lots of percussion, organ and especially horns, which is a huge feature of latin music in general.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I've been listening to lots of Elvis Costello over the past 6 months, especially his late 70's stuff. This Year's Model is a massively addictive album.
It's a 10/10 album, I think. For what it is it's near perfect.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Leonard Cohen, and have been for nearly a year I guess. I like most of his albums, and there's enough variety there for a few different moods. Listened to 5 of his albums in a row yesterday morning.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
the new Squarepusher LP has had me revisiting his enormous back catalogue. It's a bit patchy, but when it's good, it's dead good. New LP is pretty smart too. Love that acid bass.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm always obsessed with King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard these days.
Aside from that I've played Destroyer's "Kaputt" and every time I've been playing records recently. It might be the best album of the last decade. Just amazing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Been on a big Katatonia binge recently. The album I’ve played the most in the past 12 months though has probably been Oncle Jazz by Men I Trust. Played that thing to death.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's a 10/10 album, I think. For what it is it's near perfect.
It's like the most zesty, punky, excitable take on 60s pop imaginable. And every element, from lyrics to melodies to that brilliant backing band is just right. I mean, how fecking great is Lipstick Vogue alone? It's packed with great tunes.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ve definitely been branching out lately. Some British rap, that really doesn’t make it stateside, and is a welcome change of pace. And I recently discovered Michael Kiwanuka, who has an incredible voice.

arthurka

Big Thief.
Going to see them soon, bought tickets.

But I am going through some great guilty pleasures at the moment like Ash and Pixies. Plus I just can't get enough of this album..

Been a fan for more than 25 years now but God damn this is a great album.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's like the most zesty, punky, excitable take on 60s pop imaginable. And every element, from lyrics to melodies to that brilliant backing band is just right. I mean, how fecking great is Lipstick Vogue alone? It's packed with great tunes.
The difference The Attractions make is huge. My Aim Is True sounds so limp in comparison.

Old Ma Crow

Nirvana then Ned's Atomic Dustbin followed by Half Man Half Biscuit and strangely on to Jimi Hendrix.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Ever since YouTube recommended this video called Origins of Symmetry while tripping, I’ve been getting into Muse.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Moneybagg Yo’s new album been on rotation a fair bit for me. Always have time for Kevin Gates too.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I am not a fan of Bee Gees. Actually I've always thought they were a bit crap. But lately I've been listening a lot to their early stuff from the 60es before the falsetto and disco took over and it's really like a completely different band. Still a bit cheesy, but they could really sing. Some of the best vocals I've heard for sure.