Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Leave immediately

Votes: 218 94.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If they aren't going to sell now then sack Arnold and Murtough. Bring in VDS and Ralf (yes, that Ralf) and give them full control of the club with access to 200m per season for the next 3 seasons for transfers and spend 200m of their own money on revamping OT then paying off the debt within 3 years and then selling up to Ratcliffe.

Might mean they'd "only" earn 2 billion instead of 3 but I'm sure with that money they could pay their heating bills in the winter with enough left over for Avram to get a haircut. That would appease me plenty.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
A blumpkin, sign casemiro, cancel the debts, renovate the stadium, fix the shitty conditions at Carrington, sign aa few players, cancel a few contracts, engage with the fans meaningfully and ensure there is some mechanism for them to have some say in future decision and most importantly a second blumpkin

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You just know the Glazers, Murtough et al are hard at work figuring out how to calm the masses. What will it take for you? What about Casimiro and De Jong? Casimiro and De Jong and Antony and Ronaldo saying? Casimiro and De Jong and Antony and Ronaldo saying and we come fourth? Or will you never be pacified no matter what?
Give me £20m dividends, then i am willing to look the other way, just like everyone else in this thread.

But other than that, sell their share to Jim.

nazanto

For them to sell this club at the market value 3,4B and every single cent from the sales go back to club. They have taken more than enough from the club from their initial investment. I would also hope they will get eaten by alligators or stumble into an unfortunate incident with some crazy Florida man, that probably will appease me

Lynty

Selling - unlikely

A treble - unrealistic

A clear plan and commitment to eliminate debt over the next 4 years, plans submitted for a new stadium or 'stripped back to bones' refurbishment, whilst keeping a healthy (£150m per season) transfer budget. It would require significant investment on their own part.

Othher than that - just gotta wait them out.

Todd

Money for transfers. That's the one and only thing ownership can do for the club to make the fans happy.

Give the manager a blank check next summer, and the summer after that. Break the bank to bring in world-class talent so that the club has a chance of regaining its status as one of the world's leading clubs.

If the owners do that, they cannot be held accountable for a lack of success, it'll be the fault of the manager not bringing in the proper players or the players not performing.

lex talionis

"Appease" is not a word I would use in this context. The Glazers have humiliated the club they legally own and the shitstain on our reputation as a club cannot be erased.

But if the question is what can the Glazers do in the present and future -- two separate questions, as we're in a crisis at the moment so the present must be dealt with, but the structural changes have to take place to secure a better future for the club -- it's complicated. I run a small business so I know fukkall about running a massive commercial enterprise like Manchester United, but I do know that the Glazers must genuinely acknowledge that their focus on short-term profits and indifference to the quality of the "product" on the pitch has put at risk future revenue growth of the club.

We can debate for hundreds of pages what the Glazers need to do, but right now they need to back the manager, even if it means spending more than they would like to, and even if it means going with no-name players instead of galacticos. I'm not suggesting we should avoid galacticos, but whatever the new manager believes he needs in terms of squad improvement, improvements to behind-the-scenes aspects of how football training and development is conducted, the Glazers have to back him. They can't stuff a player down the manager's throat. If, for example, ETH wants Casemiro and a deal for him is a real thing (which I doubt is the case) then let's get it done. That doesn't mean the Glazers should spend 500m on players ETH wants to make us happy, but the checkbook does need to be opened to some degree if ETH has identified realistic targets that meet urgent needs.

But this thread implicitly asks a much deeper question, which warrants a deeper discussion. But right now we have a September 1 deadline to focus on to either get the squad into a position where it can compete for fourth place and maybe win the EL cup this season...or build a foundation for the future that will begin to pay pay dividends next season but force us to accept a 7th or 8th place finish this season.

gulli_G

You just know the Glazers, Murtough et al are hard at work figuring out how to calm the masses. What will it take for you? What about Casimiro and De Jong? Casimiro and De Jong and Antony and Ronaldo saying? Casimiro and De Jong and Antony and Ronaldo saying and we come fourth? Or will you never be pacified no matter what?

Only way they appease me is by going asap with their lame a** ponytails between their legs.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Many United fans have hated the Glazers for at least 17 years. A couple new signings aren't going to change the fact that they've bled $1.5bn from the club in that time. That's money that could've been reinvested in the team, Old Trafford, Carrington, or even the women's team that the Glazers eliminated to cut costs when they took over. They could've redeveloped the area around Old Trafford to generate further income rather than sitting on it for years.

Just read this this, and if it doesn't boil your piss, I don't know what to tell you:

United have nearly as much debt as Tottenham for the privilege of being owned by the Glazers without the brand new stadium to show for it.

In conclusion, the only way the Glazers could ever win me over would be to sell the club, pay back every penny they've taken out of it plus all of the debt payments/interest they've forced the club to pay to be owned by the Glazers. Then, they could all dive head first into the canal.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Casemiro
Antony
De Jong
Gakpo
Dumfries
Tonali
Skriniar
Sesko
SMS
Oblak

Would appease me for this season

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Sponsoring game is still on point, Blackpink wearing a Man United shirt in their last MV will drive mad sales all over the world

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I'm very low maintenance. Just gimme a million dollars.

World Game

If they aren't going to sell now then sack Arnold and Murtough. Bring in VDS and Ralf (yes, that Ralf) and give them full control of the club with access to 200m per season for the next 3 seasons for transfers and spend 200m of their own money on revamping OT then paying off the debt within 3 years and then selling up to Ratcliffe.

Might mean they'd "only" earn 2 billion instead of 3 but I'm sure with that money they could pay their heating bills in the winter with enough left over for Avram to get a haircut. That would appease me plenty.
Agreed. Having owners who are clueless about football is acceptable if they hire competent football people to run the football operations. Ironically in this way, they would probably end up with more in their pockets. I don't have a doubt that VDS and Ralf with 200m would do more than Arnold and Murtough with 500m.

Esquire

"Appease" is not a word I would use in this context. The Glazers have humiliated the club they legally own and the shitstain on our reputation as a club cannot be erased.

But if the question is what can the Glazers do in the present and future -- two separate questions, as we're in a crisis at the moment so the present must be dealt with, but the structural changes have to take place to secure a better future for the club -- it's complicated. I run a small business so I know fukkall about running a massive commercial enterprise like Manchester United, but I do know that the Glazers must genuinely acknowledge that their focus on short-term profits and indifference to the quality of the "product" on the pitch has put at risk future revenue growth of the club.

We can debate for hundreds of pages what the Glazers need to do, but right now they need to back the manager, even if it means spending more than they would like to, and even if it means going with no-name players instead of galacticos. I'm not suggesting we should avoid galacticos, but whatever the new manager believes he needs in terms of squad improvement, improvements to behind-the-scenes aspects of how football training and development is conducted, the Glazers have to back him. They can't stuff a player down the manager's throat. If, for example, ETH wants Casemiro and a deal for him is a real thing (which I doubt is the case) then let's get it done. That doesn't mean the Glazers should spend 500m on players ETH wants to make us happy, but the checkbook does need to be opened to some degree if ETH has identified realistic targets that meet urgent needs.

But this thread implicitly asks a much deeper question, which warrants a deeper discussion. But right now we have a September 1 deadline to focus on to either get the squad into a position where it can compete for fourth place and maybe win the EL cup this season...or build a foundation for the future that will begin to pay pay dividends next season but force us to accept a 7th or 8th place finish this season.
Thanks for this post, completely agree. It doesn’t address how we deal with the Glazers or methods to get them out (not much except unrelenting fan pressure), but I think the Glazers’ avarice driven management style is really surfacing after years of neglect and setting the wrong culture. Seems like they are self-destructing just fine and can’t really see a course correct except really superficial stop gaps like selling a minority stake.

Gordon S

They have tried to run this club for 17 years now and it is clear they are not very good at it. They have spent loads on transfers over the years to appease the fans but it is crystal clear there is a lot more to running a big football club than that.

It is just time for a new owner to give it a go.

fallengt

Sell the club. Please take money and leave.
The damage is done, United's now at least 5 years behind other top clubs in Europe. Glazers could've modernized our football structure after LvG/Mourinho left but chose to go backward with Ole.
United still could close the gap in 2-3 years if we had best people in every position but I have no confidence in current owners. It's clear they're too inept to run a football club

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
Sign a 31 year old CM who isn't wanted by RM apparently

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I will just point out that they are not interested in appeasing you or anyone.

It must be a big game for them when you really think about it. I mean they are all billionaires right so they dont need more money .
Why are they continuing to want to own the business?

DavelinaJolie

They've shown time and again they aren't truly willing to let go of the reins and create a modern footballing structure that doesn't require their continued oversight. So they can just feck off.

RopersReturn

Worst bunch of crooks ever to have owned a football club in this country since the Venkys.
What makes me particularly angry is theyve operated a premeditated scheme of managed decline simply to line their own pockets, and it’s been allowed to continue for nearly 20 years.

Chairman Steve

Spend on the team now (probably on the word that the new owners will cover them), slowly phase out and by the end of the season, a full takeover is complete.

red thru&thru

If the Glazers were ever serious, they would have employed serious football people a long time ago.

Look at PSG. They changed their way of thinking and went for Campos, a proper proven football man.