What can we do as fans?

MUFC OK

I can't think of a time when our fanbase has been so unanimous in a belief that something at the club needs to happen as now - the sack poll thread for Ole shows 87% are in favour of making a change. Performances are as bad as we can remember, players contracts are expiring and many have lost faith in the coaching if reports are to be believed and we risk losing Ronaldo in the summer.

The half hearted talk of a protest next week seems to have divided the fanbase, with most believing that it's a bad idea/condemning and refusing to support it. So my question is what can we do actually do to ensure we get the change of manager that most us believe is necessary?

It feels as though time is of the essence with the season (CL and even the title - 9 pts off top) still salvageable. Should we come to terms with the fact that this season is being written off and are we forced to simply get behind this regime until the owners say otherwise?

Any ideas?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Buy the club.

Failing that, a real, proper protest targeted at our ownership like last time would do the trick. It needs proper backing though.

I think a lot of people don’t want to actively protest to get Ole out, they want to protest against our awful owners to get them to make the right footballing decisions.

Spoony

The People's President
Hurl abuse at Ole on social media. Also start a protest online - that'll show the board.

Anyway I blame the matchgoing fans for clapping the team off - bloody top Reds.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Social media backlash will have some impact definitely but match going fans need to join in as well. Protest or backlash vs Glazers, if not directly against Ole can help a great deal, as it will get media attention world over. Those feckers need to be made answerable for their football decisions through constant pressure and that may see them employing actual professionals in football roles within club. If they do that, incompetent managers like Ole won't be staying in role for so long. Eventually, Glazers have primary responsibility for this shit we find ourselves in.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Start spamming major sponsors social media pages with “Ole out” “Glazers out”.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Stop giving the club money basically. A full boycott till the Glazers pull out is the only thing we can do.

But most fans just don't see the forest problem. They prefer to talk about all those sick trees.

Walters_19_MuFc

Continue to get behind our club and leave the board to make the decisions. Whether people agree or disagree with regards to Ole still being here, the board will hopefully make what they feel is the right decision in due time.

tomaldinho1

Start spamming major sponsors social media pages with “Ole out” “Glazers out”.
What will actually make a difference is when we just become indifferent. Silence is way more scary to the Glazers than angry fans.

MUFC OK

Buy the club.

Failing that, a real, proper protest targeted at our ownership like last time would do the trick. It needs proper backing though.

I think a lot of people don’t want to actively protest to get Ole out, they want to protest against our awful owners to get them to make the right footballing decisions.
It should be a protest against them and their ineptitude, the current structure, the power Woodward wields (now apparently staying in a consultancy role), the lack of people qualified to make footballing decisions, the fact there's some f*cker employed to advise players what to tweet to 'create a narrative' for fans, the unkept promises about greater fan involvement and communication, the lack of investment in club infrastructure, shoehorning bankers into key positions at the club. The disdain that they show us is utterly disgraceful.

But no, protesting is a bad idea because someone use the hashtag #Oleout and it might upset him.

MUFC OK

Look down on fans of other big clubs who demand competency and success whilst we clap and cheer Ole and his boys off after the next humiliation.
This is embarrassing. The elitism in our fanbase - many only bothered about showing how they're a better fan, and pedalling the narrative that we 'do things differently here' (we certainly do, but not in a good way). This club has always been about winning, not celebrating mediocrity.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Cut ties with the past - stop allowing your most famous ex-manager to make key decisions in the here and now - like supporting OGS for example & influencing transfer policy.

Manchester Utd. are addicted to sentimentality and it has to stop.

The new manager needs to be a real kick-ass, no-nonsense person.

I can't recall who it was, but I'm sure I read about a manager at one of the other big clubs who on his first day in post came in and ordered all the images of past glories to be removed from public areas/from the stadium/from the dressing room etc. etc. His view being: that is history and he wanted the team and the club to forget about it & focus on the future. If I was the new manager of Man Utd. that is the first thing I'd do. The second thing: sack the board. Not the actual board, the fake-board of heroes from yesteryear* (who I believe are on £3 million) per annum, for what exactly? To sit in the ground and look miserable whilst Utd.s main rivals go 4:0 up and then pull a face as if to say: well it wouldn't have happened in my day, except in some ways this day is still his day and a line needs to be drawn in the sand - that was the past, this is now and sadly, the two are incompatible.

*I wouldn't include Sir Bobby Charlton in this - for obvious reasons. There are hard decisions that should be made (should have been made in fact) and there is being heartless - the club don't need to be that.

Longshanks

I can't think of a time when our fanbase has been so unanimous in a belief that something at the club needs to happen as now - the sack poll thread for Ole shows 87% are in favour of making a change. Performances are as bad as we can remember, players contracts are expiring and many have lost faith in the coaching if reports are to be believed and we risk losing Ronaldo in the summer.

The half hearted talk of a protest next week seems to have divided the fanbase, with most believing that it's a bad idea/condemning and refusing to support it. So my question is what can we do actually do to ensure we get the change of manager that most us believe is necessary?

It feels as though time is of the essence with the season (CL and even the title - 9 pts off top) still salvageable. Should we come to terms with the fact that this season is being written off and are we forced to simply get behind this regime until the owners say otherwise?

Any ideas?
I think if there was a viable realistic replacement for ole then making our voices heard more than what they are now would be fair enough. As it stands most of us agree that ole should go but noone knows who to appoint next especially mid season there isn't an off the shelf top class progressive manager to put in his place which is what we need.

If the wheels completely fall off after the international break then the board will have to act and God only knows who we will end up with and weather they will be any better than Ole.

Ideal situation is Ole steadies the ship, we finish in the top 4 and we go after ten hag/poch or maybe even Potter at the end of the season.

hobbers

We know the club care about social media impact and monitor it relentlessly.

We also know they care a lot about hospitality and corporate matchday revenue.

Obviously if you dont like the way the club is being run, dont give money to them.

MUFC OK

I can't recall who it was, but I'm sure I read about a manager at one of the other big clubs who on his first day in post came in and ordered all the images of past glories to be removed from public areas/from the stadium/from the dressing room etc. etc. His view being: that is history and he wanted the team and the club to forget about it & focus on the future. If I was the new manager of Man Utd. that is the first thing I'd do. The second thing: sack the board. Not the actual board, the fake-board of heroes from yesteryear* (who I believe are on £3 million) per annum, for what exactly? To sit in the ground and look miserable whilst Utd.s main rivals go 4:0 up and then pull a face as if to say: well it wouldn't have happened in my day, except in some ways this day is still his day and a line needs to be drawn in the sand - that was the past, this is now and sadly, the two are incompatible.
I like him already, is available?

Actually, it's probably Klopp so the answer is no.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Continue to get behind our club and leave the board to make the decisions. Whether people agree or disagree with regards to Ole still being here, the board will hopefully make what they feel is the right decision in due time.
Round up the top reds and send them on a nice holiday while this is sorted.

MUFC OK

We know the club care about social media impact and monitor it relentlessly.

We also know they care a lot about hospitality and corporate matchday revenue.

Obviously if you dont like the way the club is being run, dont give money to them.
Haven't given them any money in years. I get one off tickets from season ticket holders paying cash in hand and haven't bought a shirt or any other merchandise since 2012.

MUFC OK

If the wheels completely fall off after the international break then the board will have to act and God only knows who we will end up with and weather they will be any better than Ole.

Ideal situation is Ole steadies the ship, we finish in the top 4 and we go after ten hag/poch or maybe even Potter at the end of the season.
We've reached that point already, surely? Difference is, there's still a season to save currently whereas there won't be after the Arsenal game.

All indications are that a top 4 finish will secure Ole's position for another season.

Flytan

Make it clear that even though Ole needs to go that whatever possible protest/hashtag/comment about the club is about the Glazers promoting nepotism throughout the club and not promoting people interested in football.

hobbers

If Ole finishes top four from this point (which he won't, zero chance) they would give him another contract extension.

The spin would be incredible. Forget how we were supposed to be fighting for the title this season given the ridiculous financial outlay, Ole actually performed a miracle to fight back to a top four finish. What a manager. Much coaching, very tactics.

MUFC OK

Did targeting sponsors last time cause any waves? I can imagine this would bother them a lot more than disgruntled comments on United's social media posts.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did targeting sponsors last time cause any waves? I can imagine this would bother them a lot more than disgruntled comments on United's social media posts.
Frankly, United fans showed their determination and ability to fight for what they supposedly love. One Ronaldo and we have a 2-months backlog on no.7 shirts.

Enigma_87

You know who
Protest against the matchgoing fans.
Don’t worry matchgoing fans will get what they deserve being served shite week after week. :) we wasted three years so one or two more doesn’t make much difference. Let it all burn.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
There is feck all you can do, try supporting the team