What can we do as fans?

croadyman

I can't think of a time when our fanbase has been so unanimous in a belief that something at the club needs to happen as now - the sack poll thread for Ole shows 87% are in favour of making a change. Performances are as bad as we can remember, players contracts are expiring and many have lost faith in the coaching if reports are to be believed and we risk losing Ronaldo in the summer.

The half hearted talk of a protest next week seems to have divided the fanbase, with most believing that it's a bad idea/condemning and refusing to support it. So my question is what can we do actually do to ensure we get the change of manager that most us believe is necessary?

It feels as though time is of the essence with the season (CL and even the title - 9 pts off top) still salvageable. Should we come to terms with the fact that this season is being written off and are we forced to simply get behind this regime until the owners say otherwise?

Any ideas?
Yeah it's sickening but we have absolutely no choice but to accept they aren't interested in improving morale, they will soon live to regret that utterly stupid decision when Donny & Jesse wants out in January and if we fail to make top 4 the likes of Ronny want to leave in the summer and their marketing machines go elsewhere.

croadyman

I can't think of a time when our fanbase has been so unanimous in a belief that something at the club needs to happen as now - the sack poll thread for Ole shows 87% are in favour of making a change. Performances are as bad as we can remember, players contracts are expiring and many have lost faith in the coaching if reports are to be believed and we risk losing Ronaldo in the summer.

The half hearted talk of a protest next week seems to have divided the fanbase, with most believing that it's a bad idea/condemning and refusing to support it. So my question is what can we do actually do to ensure we get the change of manager that most us believe is necessary?

It feels as though time is of the essence with the season (CL and even the title - 9 pts off top) still salvageable. Should we come to terms with the fact that this season is being written off and are we forced to simply get behind this regime until the owners say otherwise?

Any ideas?
Very worrying that the give him more time % is creeping up a bit but that could be down to a combination of people just admitting defeat to the board on this one and of course rival fans votes as well

Jammydodger7

Sad reality is we as fans are powerless. You can say "boycott games" but the fanbase is so big there will always be someone else who will take your place.

croadyman

Continue to get behind our club and leave the board to make the decisions. Whether people agree or disagree with regards to Ole still being here, the board will hopefully make what they feel is the right decision in due time.
Haha not a chance of that happening when they are proven to be totally indecisive and unwilling to admit their mistake

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Make sarcastic digs at anyone daring to have any standards or expectations and just be content with the shit show served up every week - satisfied by the notion you are a proper fan - one who genuinely has the clubs interest at heart. That seems to be the modus operandi of the average match day going fan or online Top Red.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It is their right do to whatever they please, it is our right to criticize them. I don’t even know why I’m replying to a Norwegian troll.
I'm not sure how you managed to miss the point of my post but here we are.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
So let me summarise this thread so far.

1. A bunch of internet posters from around the world aren't happy that we are not winning.
2. You want to change things so are wondering 'what can we do?'.
3. On-line criticism and abuse hasn't worked as part of the on-line protest.
4. You want match going fans to support you in a range of different ways.
5. If they don't then they will be labelled as 'top reds'.
6. Apparently it has something to do with cornflakes.

Have I missed anything?

AFC NimbleThumb

The time to make an impact came & went when the fanbase excused him although he couldn’t even win a “shit trophy”. The man never should have survived the Sevilla debacle, let alone Villareal & Leicester last year.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Call Bodganoff and ask him for a help. Dump ManUnited stocks."Glazers bought the dump?" dump eet more!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Correct.
There are top reds who want supporters in 2021, to behave exactly as they did 50 years ago.
People need to move with the times.
We are not getting anywhere near the league title if we keep following this old fashioned way of thinking.
The board are inept and they have proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.
The mind-boggling thing is they use Fergie as an alleged argument - the guy who was always the first to adapt to changes in football environment and was hell-bent on winning trophies every year.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Go to the match yourself and boo with your own voice than blaming the people who pay for a ticket :rolleyes:

CeKay

people at the stadium have to be united and organized cheering against Ole and Woodward

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What do the fans do?
The fans are shouting "Louie van Gaal army!" so the fans are also satisfied with Louie van Gaal.

Spoony

The People's President
Leaflet campaign is a good idea. Surely the matchgoer hating Reds on here can do at least that much?

Gordon Godot

The mind-boggling thing is they use Fergie as an alleged argument - the guy who was always the first to adapt to changes in football environment and was hell-bent on winning trophies every year.
THere was a lot disquiet around Fergie before he won the CUp. But his budget at the time was much lower and he was rebuilding the club from bottom up. Everything had gone to pot, especally under big Ron who had zero interest in youth. But he was a proven winner of major trophies and the board coudl see what he was doing. Ole is so far away from any of that. He is a serial failure. But its not his fault, its this board who are clueless and deserve the fans ire. We have one of the most expensive teams in world and largest wage bills. Yet we accept the abject surrenders to our rivals, even playing 7 defensive players. Pathetic

Moby

Dick
Hospitality sales dropped off the map in the last few weeks of every post SAF manager and regular tickets had never been so easy to get.
Make of that what you will.
Even if they do drop there are plenty of other channels for revenue for the club. Would be interested to see in the revenue share for matchday sales either way.

But it won't happen now because they have the likes of Ronaldo to attract fans. That's pretty much their strat to keep up the matchday sales, get the most famous/marketable players in the world who already have a huge fan following. Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Cavani, Ronaldo, Zlatan all pretty much boosted the ticket sales, merchandise sales, online fan following etc and they will keep repeating that to keep up the profits. Pretty sound strategy commercially speaking.

stevoc

Start more angry/negative threads on internet forums, it might sound crazy but the club probably monitor these things. And it's possible, likely even that the club have a policy that if a certain amount of gloomy threads are posted in an allotted period of time then they will have no choice but to sack the manager and replace him with whichever manager they can hire at short notice and everything will be hunky dory again.

Because let's remember if Ole doesn't go today/Tea time/now World Class players like Lingard might want to leave in January and/or the likes of Marcus, Mason and Jadon's careers will be destroyed. Because there's no way at 24, 20 and 21 they could ever recover from playing under a manager like Solskjaer for a few more weeks/months. They'd probably have to retire.

I was driving down the freeway a few weeks ago and passed a car that was on fire. As I got closer to it I could see the driver was trapped and was literally being burned to death. It was sad but I just thought to myself at least he won't ever have to watch United under Solskjaer ever again, Lucky Bastard.

Bestietom

Any ideas?
Keep hoping things will change and Glazers will sell. Bring in a top manager and win the Premiership and Champions League season after season for many years. Yesssssss

Swordsman

Buy the club.

Failing that, a real, proper protest targeted at our ownership like last time would do the trick. It needs proper backing though.

I think a lot of people don’t want to actively protest to get Ole out, they want to protest against our awful owners to get them to make the right footballing decisions.
That's if the Americans are willing to sell. Who is wealthy enough to give the Americans an offer they can't refuse ?

Maticmaker

Did targeting sponsors last time cause any waves? I can imagine this would bother them a lot more than disgruntled comments on United's social media posts.
Sponsors are happy when the name of Manchester United is mentioned on a regular basis, TV news, podcasts, sports programmes, sports pages in news papers etc. no such thing as bad publicity etc. 'Vox pop' interviews and comments on social media are also now part of their target marketing.... think what would happen if all social media comment on United suddenly stopped?

Denis79

I'll be heading over for the Arsenal game, going to be interesting to feel the vibe around the club, if Ole is still here that is.

MalaysianRed7

Some proper weirdos in this thread, trying to cause division between match going fans and non match going fans, when no one even mentioned the match going fans. Why?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Send a streaker onto the pitch every 10 minutes. It only requires 9 fans per game. Way more manageable than some of the other “ideas” that require millions of fans to act at once.

mark_a

I can only speak for myself, and as a fan with a season ticket, I strongly feel that I'd be happy to boycott games. This is about getting the Glazers out, we need to start at the top. In the past I've seen a lot of "cancel your tickets" stuff coming from fans who don't go, but (a) that's easy for them to say and (b) it wouldn't work anyway as demand is always strong and the seat would be bought an used.

Win, lose or draw, we need the parasites out.

croadyman

I'll be heading over for the Arsenal game, going to be interesting to feel the vibe around the club, if Ole is still here that is.
Would suggest the vibe could well be of resigned acceptance with Ole unless this board get some balls and appoint an interim

Daengophile

I think I will go to the police station and report the theft of a football club by foreign extortionists with funny haircuts

sladewilson

It is clear that the club has a financial burden because of managing faults. Otherwise Ole would already get rid of all defenders of the club. The squad is not capable of fast gameplay style because there is only one player in the team that has a fast attacking vision. Therefore, United has to rebuild all the squad. The fans should prove their power. So, lets use the social media pages of the club and ask the managing board to rebuild all the squad otherwise we will stop buying tickets and licenced products.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Nothing.

WTF are the other 13% thinking?
Perhaps they're like me (although I haven't voted in that particular poll) and feel that sacking Ole without an adequate replacement available isn't going to solve anything. I don't feel any of the current managers that are out of a job will improve us in the long term, so I'd prefer to wait until a viable manager becomes available.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I can only speak for myself, and as a fan with a season ticket, I strongly feel that I'd be happy to boycott games. This is about getting the Glazers out, we need to start at the top. In the past I've seen a lot of "cancel your tickets" stuff coming from fans who don't go, but (a) that's easy for them to say and (b) it wouldn't work anyway as demand is always strong and the seat would be bought an used.

Go on strike. Form a picket line. Boo the fans who go in.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Boycotting doesn't work either for the same reasons - been tried many times

And after a year with no fans in the ground, it's pretty clear that a boycott won't get the Glazers out anyway

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Don't renew your subscription for MUTV. Don't order any merchandise online. Don't stay up at weird hours of the night (depending on your location on the globe) during weekdays to watch the club play in Europe.
Don't let United be the centre of your life and existence.