What can we do as fans?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Find a more successful team to support and switch back to United when they start winning. I hear the City bandwagon has room

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Watch all the games on Albanian satellite TV. It's even in English

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Keep supporting United but have some standards. Don't join the cult that advocates bullshit to protect individuals rather than get what best for the club.

Alternately if mediocrity and failure is your kink then go support Norwich or Watford for a while. United won't be mediocre for much longer.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Protest against the idiots who have ruined the club. Glazers Ed should be hounded out the club, until that happens it’ll be Groundhog day.

croadyman

I have shut off my feelings on Utd until Ole finally gets the sack, last time I felt something was half time against the scousers

Last edited:

lex talionis

Perhaps they're like me (although I haven't voted in that particular poll) and feel that sacking Ole without an adequate replacement available isn't going to solve anything. I don't feel any of the current managers that are out of a job will improve us in the long term, so I'd prefer to wait until a viable manager becomes available.
A fair point, but how “adequate” does Ole’s replacement need to be in order for us to rise above the sub-mediocre level we’ve seen at the beginning of this season…as well as the end of last season?

We would all agree on three of the greatest five managers in the world today. But they’re not coming to OT, ever. There’s a handful of good managers like Ten Hag, but most of them are not available today.

The existential dilemma we face is whether to stick it out with Ole through the end of season, knowing he will be sacked in May, with the knowledge that we will miss out on the CL, operating under the intent that we will get Ten Hag (let’s just say he’s the best option) immediately after Ole’s sacking…or instead salvage this season, make the CL (PL trophy dream has been smashed) and build something for next season starting now?

Can there be any doubt that keeping Ole on now, even if it means bringing in Zidane or even Rodgers, in order to delay the inevitable sacking to May so that we can hope to bring in Ten Hag, would be disastrous for United this season and next season?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Continue clapping Ole off after games regardless of the shit show. Be a top red.
This is just plain weird behaviour in my eyes. Fair enough don’t shout expletives at him, but clapping him off after Liverpool and city? Utter madness!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Get behind the team win lose or draw and hope the board do their part
Fans should demand standards are met. They are paying the money. They know the potential of the club. Don’t accept anything less than the top level.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I have shut off my feelings on Utd until Ole finally gets the sack, last time I felt something was half time against the scousers
And that something was rage at the absolute incompetence on the field and sideline.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
United supporters are the custodians of this club. Ask yourself how many of these legends and United people put money into the club as we do and how many of them would stick to us if United's money ever dry out. Thus we should expect standards to be held, no ifs, no buts.

So match going fans should.
-Boo the team
- give your backs when Ole enters or is leaving the pitch and start
- organize white handkerchiefs protests similar to the ones Real fans do. Keep them out irrespective whether United are winning or not.

The rest can
- Protest on social media
- Don't buy United merchandise
- Ole out and Glazers out should be trending big time

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We need some of these Internet fans actually to buy a match ticket for once in their life and make the comments they do on the Internet themselves on the pitch. Boo yourself.

United have such a diverse and constantly changing group of fans in their stadiums than the ones that watch Man City or Spurs - some coming from different countries just purely for tourist purposes to watch a single match at a legendary stadium; and its yet them who gets the blame for not Booing enough?

devilish

Make sarcastic digs at anyone daring to have any standards or expectations and just be content with the shit show served up every week - satisfied by the notion you are a proper fan - one who genuinely has the clubs interest at heart. That seems to be the modus operandi of the average match day going fan or online Top Red.
Kim jung would be so jealous. He achieves blind support at gun point. We actually pay to give blind support and accept mediocrity

We need some of these Internet fans actually to buy a match ticket for once in their life and make the comments they do on the Internet themselves on the pitch. Boo yourself.

United have such a diverse and constantly changing group of fans in their stadiums than the ones that watch Man City or Spurs - some coming from different countries just purely for tourist purposes to watch a single match at a legendary stadium; and its yet them who gets the blame for not Booing enough?
I try to get to United as much as I can. It used to be 2 times a year. Now its less due to Covid. So stop making assumptions about 'Internet fans'

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kim jung would be so jealous. He achieves blind support at gun point. We actually pay to give blind support and accept mediocrity

I try to get to United as much as I can. It used to be 2 times a year. Now its less due to Covid. So stop making assumptions about 'Internet fans'
Why is it that you can make assumptions on 75,000 fans who go to watch a single match of sport and I can't make an assumptions on the Internet fans that decided not to and then complained about the fans who did not boo during the match?

Everytime you go to United you see thousands and thousands of little kids, thousands and thousands of random tourists from all countries, people who go to a match only once a year - you see this all more at United because its such a popular club of the world (the most popular) - and they are supposed to go there and "Boo" by themselves when there is so many diverse people literally sitting next to you.

Yeah not going to happen as well as it happened at Spurs. People from China and America and other areas of the world don't constantly travel to watch spurs at home the way they do to watch United.

devilish

Why is it that you can make assumptions on 75,000 fans who go to watch a single match of sport and I can't make an assumptions on the Internet fans that decided not to and then complained about the fans who did not boo during the match?

Everytime you go to United you see thousands and thousands of little kids, thousands and thousands of random tourists from all countries, people who go to a match only once a year - you see this all more at United because its such a popular club of the world (the most popular) - and they are supposed to go there and "Boo" by themselves when there is so many diverse people literally sitting next to you.

Yeah not going to happen as well as it happened at Spurs. People from China and America and other areas of the world don't constantly travel to watch spurs at home the way they do to watch United.
Something called Internet keeps everyone updated on what is going on in Manchester . If I had to go to OT I'd boo the manager. My mate who watched the City game did the same

Bestietom

Match going fans need to be a bit more vocal. We either slip down the Arsenal way or crawl back up to be on par with the very best. The Board did fook all despite winning nothing major in the last 8 years. They will be happy if the value of the brand continues to grow. Lest we forget what LvG said about how they run Man Utd. So if the owners do not care much, it is up to us, fans. We made them shit their beds with the protests against ESL, we can force them to start thinking about winning things.
Yes Fans should be heard protesting against these Leeches.

Maticmaker

I've come to the conclusion that protesting about United is pointless unless fans (match going) are prepared to stay away, fans (abroad) are prepared to cancel their subscriptions for match viewing and everyone stops buying anything associated with the name Manchester United, e.g. replica kits, shirts, souvenirs, etc.
However this will never happen.

Moreover, even if it did happen would it make the owners any wiser about how to run a football club, for the sake of football, rather than a money making 'cash-cow and would they be prepared to do that'?
If they sold the club who would take over and would there be any guarantee the new owners/manager would be any better at running the club, have a different approach, not seek to get a return on their investment, and last of all, who and how would success be defined?

This club is at its best when it approaches/challenges the unknown, Busby taking us as Div 1 champs into Europe, Ferguson taking us into the Premier League, both these events coincided with the clubs greatest and most successful epochs... whats next?

doomy20

Haven’t watched a single minute since the Liverpool game final whistle. Don’t interact with any Utd social media, canceled my Ronaldo longsleeve Shirt which i ordered recently. Nothing more to do unfortunately, just keep Utd out of my head until change comes

K Stand Knut

Haven’t watched a single minute since the Liverpool game final whistle. Don’t interact with any Utd social media, canceled my Ronaldo longsleeve Shirt which i ordered recently. Nothing more to do unfortunately, just keep Utd out of my head until change comes
:lol::lol:
Pathetic

croadyman

Nothing we can do by the looks of it as the board have clearly decided we are going the same route as post xmas 15 under LVG

peridigm

What you doing here then?

mark_a

Boycotting doesn't work either for the same reasons - been tried many times

And after a year with no fans in the ground, it's pretty clear that a boycott won't get the Glazers out anyway
Surely organising boycott's properly might? It would get plenty of press. I'm not sure when this was tried, not at United anyway.

Having no fans during covid hasn't got anything to do with it. Nobody had fans in the ground then. This is about gestures to get press to draw attention with the fans dislike for our ownership i.e. empty seats at OT in protest. Unless I've dropped into a coma I'm not aware this has ever been done in an organised manner at United.

Maticmaker

This is the future
Can't wait!!... suppose the powers that be at Bayern will now join the call for a Super League?

This is the Future (the advertising we can expect)

See the Worlds favourite game played out by the top European clubs, in the one, the only .... S-U-P-E-R L-E-A-G-U-E.....!!!!

Watch in the comfort of your own home, the brilliance of the Soccer millionaires, see their personal 'back' stories, learn how they spend their leisure time, watch as they introduce you to their families.

Showing in all multiplexes and all streaming outlets near you, courtesy of Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ ...
get your ticket now, its better than being in the stadium, special offers include:

Talk live via face-to-face to your hero before the game ($1000);
Order the match shirt from your favourite player (includes sweat stains and grass burns) $500 per shirt
Go...for the half time 'food fest offer' Beer and Burgers/ Chilli and Chips/ *Pie, Peas and Gravy [*UK option only- Brexit]
NB (order at least ten minutes before kick-off) $50-100 fixed platters / $100-150 mixed platters

{NB. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MATCH GOING FANS)... other options are available.... somewhere!!!

Hughie77

That Bayern AGM shows how out of touch top clubs are with the fans. The fans of the clubs that had bugger all before there benefactors we know who they are ,2 in the prem shortly to become 3. Won't see them reacting like those at the meeting. Like post above it's going to turn into a fecking show just to make more more more money to keep up with the £200 million transfer fees. Where did it all go wrong? Imo the advent of the Premier league and the greedy bastards who made it worse than when it started.

lex talionis

The real fans who trust the board maybe? Dunno.
Real fans were patient and went into the season hopeful that Ole could steer the club toward a proper PL title challenge. But it all started to fall apart before the Liverpool debacle, did it not?

Yakuza_devils

Joel Glazer's meeting with Supporter Groups should be more frequent to address/discuss any concerns about the club.

This is the best we can ask for because of different ownership between Man Utd and BM unless our fans own more and more shares with voting rights.