What can we do as fans?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Surely organising boycott's properly might? It would get plenty of press. I'm not sure when this was tried, not at United anyway.

Having no fans during covid hasn't got anything to do with it. Nobody had fans in the ground then. This is about gestures to get press to draw attention with the fans dislike for our ownership i.e. empty seats at OT in protest. Unless I've dropped into a coma I'm not aware this has ever been done in an organised manner at United.
Like I said, it's been tried several times and doesn't work because not enough fans agree with it

If it's just for publicity then the protests outside the ground as seen earlier this year or inside the ground (Green&Gold) work just fine anyway

Maticmaker

Imo the advent of the Premier league and the greedy bastards who made it worse than when it started.
Correct, you are spot on with this, the football soul (in the UK) has already been sold to the devil (for the root of all evil) years ago.

For football (as we know it!) there is no going back, at least in the professional game and when the multi-million dollar media outlets like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, etc. get their feet under the table, (not long now they have already dipped their toe in) then the income from 75000 bodies turning up to watch a match live will be 'peanuts' compared to the income from 75 million watching every game live on the world wide franchise.
Not only will this franchise offer the live games, but all sorts of related add-on's; betting, food delivery, signed match shirts, face to face interviews with the stars, all available through your interactive screen, i.e. laptops or phone's as well as flat wall mounted screen devices... in fact when you think of it, most of this is already available now!

World-Wide Soccer League (WWSL) ( NB predict it will be called 'Super League' in Europe) = the new Star Wars/Star Trek etc blockbuster series, only its all live and it happens every week, some times every night of every week!!!

The pandemic had one good outcome for those you who would take the game down this route, it proved you can still get audiences to watch live football matches... even when there are no spectators present. A whole season, of leagues, cup competitions etc. was completed this way!

I cant wait to watch, in this the new 3-Ringed Circus, the 'keepie uppy' experts and dancing 'ball boys/girls' (who demonstrate ways to waste time in returning the ball) that will 'top and tail' such viewing, possibly even half time shows... the mind boggles at the endless possibilities!
Arrrgh!! :nono::eek::rolleyes: