Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Ludens the Red

Still to come this year
Arctic monkeys
Bring me the horizon
Limp bizkit
Bury tomorrow
Shinedown/asking alexandria
Volbeat/skindred
Pretty reckless
Biffy clyro/architects

feck that’s a lot of money:nervous:

MTF

Going to see The Killers in September.
Wanted to see them at Madison Square Garden, but floor tickets are going for $700 :nervous:.

Have tickets for Franz Ferdinand (in a few months) and a couple of other smaller acts, including Futurebirds tomorrow night. Hoping the Arctic Monkeys announce their likely US dates soon.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Oh and I’m off to see Deep Purple in October in Manchester. That’ll defo be my last big stadium gig. Not sure it’ll be the same without John Lord

Carolina Red

Staff
Wanted to see them at Madison Square Garden, but floor tickets are going for $700 :nervous:.

Have tickets for Franz Ferdinand (in a few months) and a couple of other smaller acts, including Futurebirds tomorrow night. Hoping the Arctic Monkeys announce their likely US dates soon.
:eek: Ouch!

I'm going to see them in Atlanta at the State Farm Arena. When we got our tickets I think they were only like $100 a pop. I told my wife though that we basically had to go see this one. They've been my favorite band since they dropped Hot Fuss when I was in high school and it'll be the first chance I've had to see them live.

Edit: If you're able to make the trip to Philly, you can get good seats for right at $100 per ticket.
https://wellsfargocenter.evenue.net...Id=615&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_global-wachovia

MTF

:eek: Ouch!

I'm going to see them in Atlanta at the State Farm Arena. When we got our tickets I think they were only like $100 a pop. I told my wife though that we basically had to go see this one. They've been my favorite band since they dropped Hot Fuss when I was in high school and it'll be the first chance I've had to see them live.

Edit: If you're able to make the trip to Philly, you can get good seats for right at $100 per ticket.
https://wellsfargocenter.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:WACH:WA2022:KI0927:&linkID=global-wachovia&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=KI0927&cgc=&dataAccId=615&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_global-wachovia
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I really wanted the Sept 30th date in NYC though, it's my birthday. I see now that the floor tickets are down to $430, but that's still too much to snag 2 of them. I'll hope they come down a bit more... but I feel like The Killers is the sort of band I really want to watch from the floor.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I really wanted the Sept 30th date in NYC though, it's my birthday. I see now that the floor tickets are down to $430, but that's still too much to snag 2 of them. I'll hope they come down a bit more... but I feel like The Killers is the sort of band I really want to watch from the floor.
Floor seats for them would be an amazing birthday gift. I hope you're able to find some!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Was at kings of Leon on Friday just gone and killers a couple of weeks ago

I’m also going to Greenday/Weezer same show as you OP tomorrow night, then guns n roses on Tuesday and chilli peppers on wed

Nearly all rescheduled gigs from 2 years ago now all happen to be same week or so

If I’m still alive Thursday morning I will be doing well
Tested positive for covid this morning feel like shite but worth it

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Dance Gavin Dance in the UK this September.

sallycinnamin

The Cure at The 3 Arena first week in December. Missed them in Malahide last time they were here.

Minkaro

I’ve got these coming up:
  1. August 6th: Joe Hisaishi at Wembley Arena
  2. August 21st: Gaslight Anthem at O2 Academy, Birmingham
  3. August 26th: Avantasia at Schlossplatz, Coburg
  4. September 27th: Soen at O2 Institute, Birmingham
  5. September 30th: Monster Truck/Those Damn Crows at KK’s Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
  6. November 22nd: Nightwish/Amorphis at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
  7. March 7th: Dream Evil at KK’s Steel Mill, Wolverhampton

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Arctangent Festival in August, Riffolution Festival in September, Dammnation Festival in November, Clutch and Green Lung in December and hopefully a few other bits and bobs.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Saw them Tuesday and really enjoyed them. First for me and it was emotional as I’ve listened to them since I was a kid in the 80’s
That’s kind of my expectation, it’s at the new Spurs stadium too, which I’ve not seen yet.. How’s Axl’s singing? Not that it was ever amazing.

Reditus

That’s kind of my expectation, it’s at the new Spurs stadium too, which I’ve not seen yet.. How’s Axl’s singing? Not that it was ever amazing.
Yeah at times certainly not as good but still puts on good show although slash and duff really shone through

Reditus

The chillis seem to get mixed reviews all the time. I saw them in Dublin a few years ago and it just never got going and crowd was not into it

But then on Wednesday night they were in great form and played a cracking set (albeit no Under the Bridge)

Relfy

I went to Liam Gallagher at Knebworth a few weeks back which was a great gig. I have Kasabian in Birmingham in November and going to Electric Picnic in August/September for Tame Impala and Arctic Monkeys, also keen to see Little Sims there too.

Acole9

Outstanding
Yeah at times certainly not as good but still puts on good show although slash and duff really shone through
I heard the sound was awful. Apparently people were leaving ten songs in.

Reditus

I heard the sound was awful. Apparently people were leaving ten songs in.
Sounded good to me and saw no one leave at all. Everyone near me was well into the show

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Anyone living in London needs to grab an LCD Soundsystem ticket right now. 2 nights left at Brixton Academy.

They were flawless last night. One of the best gigs of my life.

stu_1992

Saw Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Green Day just last Monday and it was great, Fall Out Boy aside as theyre not my thing. The venue in Dublin was an absolute nightmare to get to/from I must say though. Few week before that I went to see My Chemical Romance. Remaining this year I have Flogging Molly, and then the one I've been waiting years for, Rage Against the Machine with support from Run The Jewels too.

Considered going to Tyler, The Creator today but ultimately decided against for various reasons. The main one being it's in that same venue as the Hella Mega Tour was.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I'm going to both the London and Manchester gigs :lol: . They're my favourite band so I thought might as well see em twice.
Your feelings on who may be on vocals? Or do you reckon Andrew will fill in? Heard Kurt Travis was joining on the newly announced US dates!

Reditus

Saw Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Green Day just last Monday and it was great, Fall Out Boy aside as theyre not my thing. The venue in Dublin was an absolute nightmare to get to/from I must say though. Few week before that I went to see My Chemical Romance. Remaining this year I have Flogging Molly, and then the one I've been waiting years for, Rage Against the Machine with support from Run The Jewels too.

Considered going to Tyler, The Creator today but ultimately decided against for various reasons. The main one being it's in that same venue as the Hella Mega Tour was.
Green day were something else. Was just hit after hit so very crowd pleasing

Heard loads of horror stories about getting in and out of venue. We were lucky as we stayed in a hotel in leopardstown. There was a shuttle bus every 30 mins all afternoon and then after the show we got out and back in hotel within 25 mins on Monday and Tuesday night. For Wednesday we drove home after the chillis so parked in Marley. Getting out after took a good while though

stu_1992

Green day were something else. Was just hit after hit so very crowd pleasing

Heard loads of horror stories about getting in and out of venue. We were lucky as we stayed in a hotel in leopardstown. There was a shuttle bus every 30 mins all afternoon and then after the show we got out and back in hotel within 25 mins on Monday and Tuesday night. For Wednesday we drove home after the chillis so parked in Marley. Getting out after took a good while though
Absolutely I kind of forgot about how many hits Green Day had as they kept pulling them out.

I was staying in a hotel in Ballsbridge. Was a nightmare trying to get back as I guess we hadn't looked into the bus situation. Was just relying on a taxi which was a massive mistake. Basically got back to the hotel at 1am after it finished at 11pm. Ending up finally flagging down a taxi and sharing with another couple.

Getting in was worse. Ended up having to walk 20 mins from the gate to join the then back of the queue. We got there at 5pm and the gates were closed despite having opened at 4. There was worse than us though, the queue just kept on going afterwards.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Since lockdown ended I've been hammering them and going to Weezer, Fall Out Boy and Greenday last night was incredible, possibly the best gig I've been to, certainly Greenday are the best live act.
I was at the Huddersfield one, all 3 were amazing and Green Day were the best band I have ever seen live.