What do people see in Lindelof?

What is your opinion on Lindelof?

• Total voters

Nick7

Atrocious is a massive massive stretch. He was good. he usually is good, he’s just not fantastic.

Fussmeister

He’s absolutely atrocious and passive. His defensive partner was miles better and carried him throughout
No way,

Danielsson was crap and gifted morata the big chance.
He was pretty good tbf but our setup with 11 defenders helps vic. I am on the replace Vic train but wrong game to give him shit

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Long thrower, all over the place on that cross that Olmo headed. Sums him up. Guy is just a random CB, with random attributes not related to defending.
Only the man of the match

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Only in the opinion of football experts, random trolls on the Caf say he is garbage so who are you going to believe?
This is our place of worship - we will always believe the drunk, crazy caf mob. Shame on anyone else that doesn’t.

Lindelof was shit, don’t you agree?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Linde is a great player, good vision, technique and composure. He only lacks physical attributes to be elite level CB.
Calling him garbage is mental, he can easily get in the squads of most top teams in Europe.

Mickson

Ive thought that for years watching Sweden
Yep. That's how it is. He is not the main guy, regardless of who he is playing with. Although he is decent in this Sweden, then again he played with a guy who plays in China, an elderly Lustig, and so on. The organization is key. It says nothing about him as an individual. He did well though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That was partly true when Sweden played Granqvist who was captain and very good, albeit slow. The new guy Danielsson is Sweden's Lindelöf, and Lindelöf is Maguire.
I didn't watch the game and I'd never heard of Danielson until I saw the below tweet. Seems like he was the proactive defender if the below tweet is anything to by.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

"Atrocious and passive".
He looks embarrassed to have been given that. :lol:

Only noticed he was on the pitch when he was attempting long throws. Olsen, Danielsson and Isak were all pretty clearly better. Sweden fecked themselves by taking Isak off especially, never had an out ball after that.

Mickson

it really doesn't say it all, because i'm not criticising Lindelof but rather showing that there are people who valued Danielson's performance quite highly.
Yes, Lindelof is the passive defender regardless of who he plays with, which the statics says too. Danielsson is better in the air, has as many goals as Lindelof despite playing around 40 games less. Lindelof was good today, but regardless of who plays, it's pretty much the same. Sweden is well-organized and Lindelof is the more passive defender. It's just who he is.

A-man

I didn't watch the game and I'd never heard of Danielson until I saw the below tweet. Seems like he was the proactive defender if the below tweet is anything to by.

If number of clearances is the new measure of proactiveness, then yes, Danielsson was more proactive. He had 10 clearances and Lindelof only 9.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, Lindelof is the passive defender regardless of who he plays with, which the statics says too. Danielsson is better in the air, has as many goals as Lindelof despite playing around 40 games less. Lindelof was good today, but regardless of who plays, it's pretty much the same. Sweden is well-organized and Lindelof is the more passive defender. It's just who he is.
My intention wasn't to criticise Lindelof but rather to point out that there's many people who watched the game that had Danielsson as their MOTM. The below is a tweet from one of many Swedes online who had Danielsson as their MVP who is considered the more proactive defender.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Being a “passive” defender (not entirely sure what that means but assuming something along the lines of someone who doesn’t attack the ball but instead holds back) isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In the same way Ferdinand would be classified as “passive” compared to Vidic.

United in sin

I honestly think Lindelöf would be better as the defensive/deep player in a 3 man midfield, than as a center back. But it's probably to late for that now. Or even just as a wide center back in a back 3. Don't think he'll ever be good enough to win us the Premier League as either though. .
Why shoehorn him into the side playing out of position and in formations Solskjaer seldom uses at that if you don't believe he's good enough to help take us back to the top?

edcunited1878

The fact that people only recognize a throw in versus his reading of the game, marshaling his backline, positioning, and trying to play out from the back whilst his teammates continued to punt the ball to the halfway line shows who is watching and observing.

NoPace

This feels like the mctominay threads where everyone loses their mind going back and forth (including me) but the answer is that mctominay should be our backup 6 and 8 (our Ambrosini as I’ve said before) and Lindelof a fine 3rd CB backing up Maguire and the other starting CB we need.

sideshowbob

I hate hearing all this “passive” nonsense.

Reminds me of a Maldini quote - if you have to make a tackle then it means you’ve made a mistake.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hate hearing all this “passive” nonsense.

Reminds me of a Maldini quote - if you have to make a tackle then it means you’ve made a mistake.
Here's Maldini making a number of mistakes, sorry I mean tackles..

A-man

United CB gets clean sheet vs Spain despite possession of only 14.9%.
Same United CB picked as MotM.
United fan forum:

He’s absolutely atrocious and passive. His defensive partner was miles better and carried him throughout
Talk about toxic fan base.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, and the lad who was next to him who plays for Dalian Yifang can say the same. Let's sign him up.
I'm currently watching the re-run of the game and the lad from Dalian looks brilliant in a low block.

Paul_Scholes18

Lindelöf is a top defender. He has really grown and developed now. Him and Maguire got a good partnership.

It is not easy to uppgrade.