What do people see in Lindelof?

What is your opinion on Lindelof?

• Total voters

norm87cro

I seriously question what the fans see in him. And that is the topic since I don't see his contribution at all.

I am as much as hurt as anybody after yesterday but all I see on the CAF are negative threads regarding Rashford, OGS, DDG and another season without a trophy. They all have a point but Lindelof should have such a thread as well. We have the "Is our defence actually fixed thread" but nobody seems to call out this fraud of a CB who is not strong, not really that quick and doesn't have the skill of a Nesta to be getting of easy in the eyes of the manager and the fans. He was at fault for the Villareal goal and was for a dozen more during this season (individually or with somebody else).
He didn't come cheap and if we can trash Maguire (who has is own limitations) this guy should be put on the stand. This is my first thread and honestly the next one will be some kind of a vintage positive one.

Last edited:

mewnew11

We have had players with less talent before play for us. Not everyone who plays for the first team ooze class and are technically tight. Many united teams of the past had players who skill wise were not United quality, However most of such players made it because what they lacked in skill, they compensated with courage and effort.

There are a lot of problems we faced after Fergie but the most important and key problem which we still have not corrected is Mentality . People scared to death to do the basic things and hiding when under pressure.

Lindeloff would never attack the ball in attack or defence. He would never take a risk and dribble the ball forward . He just won't take any risk or attempt to do anything courageous. And this is my biggest issue with him, just keep passing the ball side ways is not the United way.

The mentality also comes from the Manager and Ole had been a coward . Doesn't sub. Doesn't trust his squad and doesn't drop players who need dropping. I still think Ole has helped make progress and is learning. However I think lindeloff time is done here. Absolute pussy.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I see a shit defender who isn't good enough to be back up let alone start every game for us.

norm87cro

We have had players with less talent before play for us. Not everyone who plays for the first team ooze class and are technically tight. Many united teams of the past had players who skill wise were not United quality, However most of such players made it because what they lacked in skill, they compensated with courage and effort.

There are a lot of problems we faced after Fergie but the most important and key problem which we still have not corrected is Mentality . People scared to death to do the basic things and hiding when under pressure.

Lindeloff would never attack the ball in attack or defence. He would never take a risk and dribble the ball forward . He just won't take any risk or attempt to do anything courageous. And this is my biggest issue with him, just keep passing the ball side ways is not the United way.

The mentality also comes from the Manager and Ole had been a coward . Doesn't sub. Doesn't trust his squad and doesn't drop players who need dropping. I still think Ole has helped make progress and is learning. However I think lindeloff time is done here. Absolute pussy.
Word. The likes of Oshea, Fletcher, P Neville, Brown, Park and even at one point even Jones spring to mind.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I have no idea. I feel like the only time I've complimented him is to say he's better than Bailly, which is barely a compliment. He's another one of this squad who I don't enjoy watching play for us as I believe he's far below the required standard. He's weak and passive, the opposite of what you want from a CB.

Godfather

He can play neat passes out from the back. But thats it. Defensively he is a liability. Zero physical attributes..

Lee565

Just like with the de gea and Henderson situation, ole bottled taking a risk on starting tuanzebe for a good run of games to truly see if he is good enough and instead decided to play it safe which sums up ole as a manager

Born2Lose

I don't think he has many fans, he's another Mourinho dud with a high fee and wages who we'll have a nightmare trying to get rid of.

He's a good defender when he has guidance next to him. His style is more about positional play and pushing attackers away from danger than it is committing to challenges and being aggressive. Nothing wrong with that, but he needs a foil that will properly position themselves next to him and do the aggressive work if he is beaten. He knows what he will get with Maguire, Bailly could be anywhere at any time and it makes them both nervous.

jackal&hyde

I don't think he has many fans, he's another Mourinho dud with a high fee and wages who we'll have a nightmare trying to get rid of.
Yeah. Given that Bailly is injured more often then not and Tuanzebe has one good game, one bad and 3 he is injured, Lindelof plays. He contributes to our passing game but needs upgrading. I'm ok with him as back up as at least he is available more often hen not.

Josep Dowling

Weak at heading which is a major problem in the Premier League. Also not strong enough with one on one battles. He would be a fantastic defender in the European leagues just not in the Premier League. He needs replacing.

Paul_Scholes18

He is good with the ball, reads the game well. Good team player that can combine well others.

Often good against the very best teams, but just like half our squad not the mentally strongest and not a winner. Thus when it matters the most he has his worst games.

He is a bit like Ole as manager in terms of being like that. Thus fans should love him more than they do since people want to keep Ole. Top 4 quality, but for a title win you may want to uppgrade and keep him as a backup.
Although I would say the same about Stones before this season, but Pep has transformed him so I think a Conte or another world class manager could see Lindelöf turn into top class.

Giggsy13

The real question is what Ole sees in Lindelof. Most supporters think he’s shit.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
pep would walk the league again with Lindelöf as his centre back. We fail to create against a poor villareal team and people conclusion after this is to talk about a centre back?

Paul_Scholes18

The real question is what Ole sees in Lindelof. Most supporters think he’s shit.
I feel as most supporters react by calling everything shit. Maguire is shit, Rashford is shit, Lindelöf is shit, Wan Bissaka is shit. Henderson is shit.
Fred and Mctominay shit. Some even say Pogba is shit. Cavani is shit.
Even some say Bruno is shit after a bad games.

Like I think people underrate our squad so much just to be able to say that Ole is doing a good job for bottling every title. Ole is not a shit manager so I am not doing the same, but he is not world class.
Just he is not getting the best out of our squad mentally and tactically in our biggest games.

Ekeke

Themselves.

Posters with no interest in defending see themselves playing defender. All they would care about is getting on the ball and passing it about competantly. Thats what they would do and they see him do that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The only thing he offers is his positioning and ball playing. Other than those, he’s nothing but a defender who is full of weaknesses and relying too much on attackers to make mistakes. He is less clumsy than lot of defenders due to his style of defending being coward and too reactive/passive, but this style of play can be easily exposed if the opposition players turn up which they usually do in big games like the Sevilla and Villareal (prime examples) of how he didn’t attack the ball first, letting the ball went pass him because he is only hoping the attackers are not behind him or hoping them to make mistakes.

In summary, he’s not good enough because he’s coward, doesn’t attack the ball first but let the ball went past him, too reactive/passive in defending because he has nothing to offer but just positioning, not very good with his heading, not very good with duel, weak physically, and bottle mentality.

Giggsy13

I feel as most supporters react by calling everything shit. Maguire is shit, Rashford is shit, Lindelöf is shit, Wan Bissaka is shit. Henderson is shit.
Fred and Mctominay shit. Some even say Pogba is shit. Cavani is shit.
Even some say Bruno is shit after a bad games.

Like I think people underrate our squad so much just to be able to say that Ole is doing a good job for bottling every title. Ole is not a shit manager so I am not doing the same, but he is not world class.
Just he is not getting the best out of our squad mentally and tactically in our biggest games.
But Lindelof really is shit.

The Hilton

Lindelof is alright, he's obvious not a "fraud" or any of the other ridiculous hyperbole used to describe him sometimes.

However, he isn't good enough for a title winning team, and is the weakest link we have at the back. He'd make a pretty decent backup CB, which is hopefully what he'll become after the summer transfer window.

Phil

He's not shit, he has really strong positioning for the most part. Like Maguire, I think he needs a faster and more physical and assertive CB next to him as the guy lacks pace and strength.

He should not be starting for us though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There is a reason why we are linked with new centre back to upgrade our XI since last year. It’s pretty obvious between Maguire and Lindelof, who Ole wants to upgrade.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Think he's a good squad player personally, but much like Fred and McTominay he's a squad player who's getting too much game time.

GueRed

If Lindelof was English and/or an academy graduate or non-white he'd be getting so much hate (Maguire), racial abuse (Rashford) and death threats (Tom Cleverly/Darron Gibson)....

He just slips under the radar.

The likes of him and Martial epitomise what United are today. Snowflake Posers.

hobbers

Nobody sees anything good in him.

I see a spineless pretty boy, exactly the antithesis of someone like Vidic or Stam.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I seriously question what the fans see in him. And that is the topic since I don't see his contribution at all.

I am as much as hurt as anybody after yesterday but all I see on the CAF are negative threads regarding Rashford, OGS, DDG and another season without a trophy. They all have a point but Lindelof should have such a thread as well. We have the "Is our defence actually fixed thread" but nobody seems to call out this fraud of a CB who is not strong, not really that quick and doesn't have the skill of a Nesta to be getting of easy in the eyes of the manager and the fans. He was at fault for the Villareal goal and was for a dozen more during this season (individually or with somebody else).
He didn't come cheap and if we can trash Maguire (who has is own limitations) this guy should be put on the stand. This is my first thread and honestly the next one will be some kind of a vintage positive one.
Eh? Hello! Welcome to my gang

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's a good defender when he has guidance next to him. His style is more about positional play and pushing attackers away from danger than it is committing to challenges and being aggressive. Nothing wrong with that, but he needs a foil that will properly position themselves next to him and do the aggressive work if he is beaten. He knows what he will get with Maguire, Bailly could be anywhere at any time and it makes them both nervous.
You can’t the passive trick with headers