I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!
Larger than life

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We need to invest literally hundreds of millions.

Spend it on young English players like Sancho, Wan-Bisakka and Rice. Can't go wrong with then IMO.

deafepl

Only English player I would love to spend it on, it's Sancho as he has talents to be the world-class, not rice and WBA, they look like the next Young/Smalling/Jones, we don't want it. Last time we got good English players is Carrick in 2006 and the rest have been average.

For every Rio, there's 10x of Jones, Smalling, and Young, etc.

Liverpool tried that path especially in 2014 and 15, they have gotten worse. No thank you.

redsunited

Some are saying we should buy experienced RB as we have Dalot and buying someone like AWB of same age will hamper his development.
As Dalot can play both LB and RB, anyway he will get plenty of game time over the season. Plus Young need not get any more mins as backup.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Completely agree, we need 3 transfer windows to build PL/CL challenging side. The 200m in the Summer is to correct the madness of the last 7 years, then if we are in the top 3 by next Christmas,we might need to add another 2 players. One being a left back/Utility player like Kieran Tierney or Nathan Ake and the other an up and coming young English attacking midfielder like James Maddison. This would probably cost £75M and then Summer 2020 go out and buy 2 Elite young players like J Sancho and Sergei Milinkosavic to probably replace Pogba in 2020.

My suggestion;

2019 - Summer - T Auderweireld(25m), W Bissaka (40M), A Dacoure (40M), H Lozano (40M), D Costa(60M),D Rice (40M)

2020 - Winter - K Tierney (30M), J Maddison (50M)

2020 - Summer - J Sancho (110M), Sergei Milinkosavic (90M) - Total investment over 3 windows - £525M

Players that would be releases over this period; Alexis (35M china), Rojo (15M), Darmian (10M), Bailey (35M), Herrera, A Young, Mata, A Valencia all frees L Grant (1M), N Matic (19M), Pogba (125M) - Total recouped in Sales £240M - Net Spend over 2 years £285M or A net spend of £140M per window.

( R Lukaku is 25 has not reached his peak, can and will improve has 45 international goals in 70 odd caps, is Icardi or any other others really any better when they will only be joining for money and no other reason?)

2020 Squad would look like this, young, Hungry with a British core and the right mentality.

Goalkeepers, D De Gea, D Henderson, S Romero (Old Pro)

Wing Backs, Wan Bissaka, D Dalot, K Tierney, L Shaw (All under 24)

Centre Backs, T Auderweireld, C Smalling, P Jones, V Lindelof, A Tuanzebe

Centre Defensive Midfielder, Fred, A Dacoure, S McTominay, D Rice

Attacking Midfielder, J Maddison, J Lingard, A Gomez, A Pereirra, SMS

Winger, H Lozano, J Sancho, A Martial, D Costa,

Strikers, M Rashford, R Lukaku, M Greenwood

This would be a mostly British core of young hungry players with pace to burn and real options to play wingers in a 442, 433, 4312or 343 formation, with a squad of 28 and by keeping Lukaku we also keep the physical option. Sign up big Dave on £400k per week and make him captain.
6th.

DDG
Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Ndombele Saul Pogba
Felix
Lukaku Martial
My opinion on this changes a lot because I wouldn’t mind a 433 with Sancho in it or a 352 but the one thing that needs to change is the speed in which our players move the ball or just make decisions. Because we do as a team tend to shy away from loads of opportunities be it a simple pass or just a slightly riskier one.

Personally I think Martial and Lukaku are a better pairing than Rashford and when they’ve played together they’ve shown a decent understanding and Martial works better as sort of creator. They also both naturally drifted out wide opening space through the centre.

We do need a CB but who is really available and attainable and is someone like DeLigt what we need right now or would we be better with more experience or a middle road player like Skriniar and is Varane even really a possibility.
If we ended up with a couple from this list I’d be more than happy.

Felix
Sancho
Aouar
Doucoure
Ndombele
Neves
Varane
Skriniar
Saul
Koulibaly
DeLigt
Chiesa
Neres
WBS
CHO
Umtiti
Rodri
Fernandes
Havertz

2 or 3 from that list and I’d Class it as a great summer.
5th.
We could potentially sell or lose: Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Valencia, Darmian, Herrera, Mata and Lukaku. Add Pogba and De geas uncertain futures.

In the case of Pogba, we should keep him for another season. However, if De Gea wants to leave we need to ask for players in return. De Gea for Varane would be ideal. If Lukaku leaves we should be signing someone like Icardi. There is no way we can go into a new season with Rashford as the main striker. For the GK position I can't see us spending big if De Gea leaves, Romero for one season with a replacement the next summer could be the best option especially if we sure up the CB area.

Romero.
Wan Bissaka (40m)-Varane-Alderweireld(25m)-Shaw.
Pellegrini(26m)-Partey(40m)-Pogba
Rashford-Icardi(80m)-Martial

Other options: Brandt (21m), Lozano (40m), Sancho (100m), Rodri (60m), Skriniar (80m).

The team needs a major overhaul and we need to make smart signings. Partey, Pellegrini and Alderweireld all have release clauses. Wan Bissaka should be a straight forward purchase. Varane is the only difficult signing and if Madrid want De Gea he is the only player we should be asking in return. We should go back in for Sancho and a GK the following summer as two major signings + one depth signing. The current team needs more than just 3-4 signings. Having one summer with an overhaul can provide focus in other windows.
4th on GD.
I would like to see out match day squad something like this next year :
---------------------DDG---------------
Wan-Bissaka--Toby--Lindelöf--Shaw
-----------------Fred------------------
----Fernandes-----------Pogba--------
Sancho-------Rashford--------Martial

Bench : Romero, McT, Smalling, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Lozano, Lukaku
Sometimes in squad, most days out(If not on loan) : Gomes, Garner, Greenwood, Chong, Jones

That would mean these guys leave : Sanchez, Mata, Herrera, Rojo, Valencia, Young,
5th or tight squeeze for 4th.
Meunier 30m
Alderweireld 28m release clause
Neves 60m
Sancho 50m

De Gea
Meunier Alderweireld Lindelof Shaw
Neves McTominay Pogba
Sancho Rashford Martial

Romero
Dalot Jones Rojo Young
Herrera Matic Fred
Lingard Lukaku Pereira
Out
Valencia Free
Darmian 5m
Smalling 15m
Mata Free
Sanchez 20m

Just fecking do it Ed.​

5th

Devil may care

6th.

5th.

4th on GD.

5th or tight squeeze for 4th.

5th
It's going to take more than just the buys to make us into a PL title winner, it will take time and coaching to gel the players, but I am curious as to what buys you think would take us to 2nd next season? A team capable of splitting the current top 2, if not fully ready to win the league.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's going to take more than just the buys to make us into a PL title winner, it will take time and coaching to gel the players, but I am curious as to what buys you think would take us to 2nd next season? A team capable of splitting the current top 2, if not fully ready to win the league.
Just don’t think it will be possible to do it next season, we’re playing catch up and we’re 2 or 3 Summer windows behind and we’re not ruthless enough.

We won’t be able to make ruthless decisions like replacing Lukaku, buying a RW, buying competition for Martial, replacing Jones, Sanchez, Young, buying competition for Shaw, replacing Matic and Herrera in one window.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Loads of holes in the team if we want to challenge for the Title:

Centre Back
Right Back (arguably both fullbacks)
DCM - hopefully a new top class one can make a good midfield three with Fred and Pogba
The whole front three - none of them are top class let alone world class

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I genuinely want us to sign a RB and CB first. Our defense is dogshit. RW and CM should be our 3rd and 4th priorities.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Loads of holes in the team if we want to challenge for the Title:

Centre Back
Right Back (arguably both fullbacks)
DCM - hopefully a new top class one can make a good midfield three with Fred and Pogba
The whole front three - none of them are top class let alone world class
We’re way off, a title challenge. Agree, about the front 3. People spending £400m in this thread, and still playing Martial LW.

We need, control and creativity in the midfield. Creativity in the wide areas. Lingard and Martial, have 9 assists between them, in 75+ games.

I genuinely want us to sign a RB and CB first. Our defense is dogshit. RW and CM should be our 3rd and 4th priorities.
I see it differently, to you. I think a RB and RW, should be prioritised. Then a midfielder, then a CB. I certainly wouldn’t want us, to spend huge amounts on a CB, if we have limited funds.

Whilst we’re not, solid at the back, better ball retention in the midfield would help. If DDG was more commanding, we’d be better defensively also, lots of catchable crosses, that he just doesn’t come for.

Realistically, 4 players in, this summer and will probably be saying the same next summer. It’s a unbalanced squad.
Lots of decent/good players, who can do a job, but not many exceptional ones, who can change a game.

I guess, it all depends on who leaves. Losing both DDG & Pogba, priorities would change.

ManchesterYoda

I think our biggest problem since Moyes was manager is that we never play a balanced team and so we have to rely on individual performances to get a positive result. If we were to play a balanced team without signing a single player I think we would do better than people think.

The only senior player in our squad that can play effectively on the right of a front 3 is Sanchez. Lukaku is a no9 or a super sub. Rashford and Martial are both best playing from the left and neither can play on the right. Lingard is 26 and still a 6/10 player over the course of a season, not good enough and should be sold. Mata should be sold as he doesn't fit into the team and has become a 6/10 player over the course of a season due to age. Chong is a left footed, right wing attacker. Greenwood is someone that could hopefully play any position in front 3 as he is 2 footed.

A full season of Martial/Rashford - Lukaku - Sanchez with Greenwood and Chong as back up is what I would like to see. If Sanchez isn't playing or isn't performing play Chong or Greenwood on the right, not Martial or Rashford. If no Lukaku, play Greenwood.

For midfield, if they are all fit, play Pogba in front of Matic and Herrera. McTominay, Pereira and Fred as back up for Matic and Herrera. Gomes as our no10 if Pogba is rested.

Shaw - Jones - Smalling - Dalot for defense. Jones will most likely be injured at some point so our defense then becomes Shaw - Lindelof - Smalling - Dalot.

At no point in the season should we play Young or McTominay at CB, Dalot as a forward, Pogba in any other position other than no10 in 3 man midfield, Rashford or Martial on the right, weird unbalanced formations. Just play a balanced team every single game. 4-3-3 attacking. Pogba as central no10 every single game. LB and RB every game, Balanced front 3 every game. Replace like for like always when player is injured or needs to be rested.

If we sign a new player, it should be a quality left footed right side attacker because we don't know how good Chong and Greenwood are yet and Sanchez might be finished. This is priority number no1, unless both Greenwood and Chong start strong and show they are ready to be first team regulars.

Sell Valencia and Young as both are 33/34 now, as well as Bailly, Lingard and Mata. Sell Grant as he is a pointless signing, academy GK as 3rd choice always. Keep Rojo and Darmian as back up until we sign RB/LB.

Arka_BleedingRed

What we really need is proper attacking tactics by a tactically versatile coach who knows what style he is going to implement and what types of players he requires to do that. So far, Ole has failed to deliver it consistently. Effort, hard work, Individual talent separately all can be overcome by a well drilled, tactical team with much inferior players if each and every player know their job.

IrishRedDevil

Alderweirld - no brainer for £25m.
Wan Bissaka - him and Dalot can fight it out at RB. £50m
Sancho - our first proper RW in years. £100m
CM - Herrera replacement. Rice? Can fight it out with McT for the DM spot. £50m

£225m. I think spending anymore than that in one window is unrealistic.

It’s by no means perfect, but it’s a good start.

——-———————De Gea
Wan Bissaka - Alderweirld - Lindelof - Shaw
—————————Rice/McT
———-——-Fred ————— Pogba
Sancho —————Rashford———-—-Martial

Sparky Rhiwabon

We’re way off, a title challenge. Agree, about the front 3. People spending £400m in this thread, and still playing Martial LW.

We need, control and creativity in the midfield. Creativity in the wide areas. Lingard and Martial, have 9 assists between them, in 75+ games.

I see it differently, to you. I think a RB and RW, should be prioritised. Then a midfielder, then a CB. I certainly wouldn’t want us, to spend huge amounts on a CB, if we have limited funds.

Whilst we’re not, solid at the back, better ball retention in the midfield would help. If DDG was more commanding, we’d be better defensively also, lots of catchable crosses, that he just doesn’t come for.

Realistically, 4 players in, this summer and will probably be saying the same next summer. It’s a unbalanced squad.
Lots of decent/good players, who can do a job, but not many exceptional ones, who can change a game.

I guess, it all depends on who leaves. Losing both DDG & Pogba, priorities would change.
Look at our front three compared to City, Liverpool and even Spurs - it’s shocking. Moura can hardly get a game for Spurs when everyone is fit and yet he’d walk into our set up.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think our biggest problem since Moyes was manager is that we never play a balanced team and so we have to rely on individual performances to get a positive result. If we were to play a balanced team without signing a single player I think we would do better than people think.

The only senior player in our squad that can play effectively on the right of a front 3 is Sanchez. Lukaku is a no9 or a super sub. Rashford and Martial are both best playing from the left and neither can play on the right. Lingard is 26 and still a 6/10 player over the course of a season, not good enough and should be sold. Mata should be sold as he doesn't fit into the team and has become a 6/10 player over the course of a season due to age. Chong is a left footed, right wing attacker. Greenwood is someone that could hopefully play any position in front 3 as he is 2 footed.

A full season of Martial/Rashford - Lukaku - Sanchez with Greenwood and Chong as back up is what I would like to see. If Sanchez isn't playing or isn't performing play Chong or Greenwood on the right, not Martial or Rashford. If no Lukaku, play Greenwood.

For midfield, if they are all fit, play Pogba in front of Matic and Herrera. McTominay, Pereira and Fred as back up for Matic and Herrera. Gomes as our no10 if Pogba is rested.

Shaw - Jones - Smalling - Dalot for defense. Jones will most likely be injured at some point so our defense then becomes Shaw - Lindelof - Smalling - Dalot.

At no point in the season should we play Young or McTominay at CB, Dalot as a forward, Pogba in any other position other than no10 in 3 man midfield, Rashford or Martial on the right, weird unbalanced formations. Just play a balanced team every single game. 4-3-3 attacking. Pogba as central no10 every single game. LB and RB every game, Balanced front 3 every game. Replace like for like always when player is injured or needs to be rested.

If we sign a new player, it should be a quality left footed right side attacker because we don't know how good Chong and Greenwood are yet and Sanchez might be finished. This is priority number no1, unless both Greenwood and Chong start strong and show they are ready to be first team regulars.

Sell Valencia and Young as both are 33/34 now, as well as Bailly, Lingard and Mata. Sell Grant as he is a pointless signing, academy GK as 3rd choice always. Keep Rojo and Darmian as back up until we sign RB/LB.
I think the word you’re looking for with this lot is “release”

Bestietom

Ok we have 200 million to spend without any sales. We need at least 5 players so we must spend wisely.

Lozano and Wan Bissaka 2 Players @ 40 million each would solve 2 problem positions

Alderweireld @ 25 Million would help solve another, but I still think we would need another with him. ( maybe Tuanzebe will fit in)
(This comes to 105 Million)

Then we have Midfield where I feel we need a DM and an AM. (Ndombele and Fernandes would be my picks) This is where the big money will have to be spent, unless our scouts find someone we have not heard of yet.

If others leave this summer ( Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku), then we will have more problems.

Fosu-Mens

Ok we have 200 million to spend without any sales. We need at least 5 players so we must spend wisely.

Lozano and Wan Bissaka 2 Players @ 40 million each would solve 2 problem positions

Alderweireld @ 25 Million would help solve another, but I still think we would need another with him. ( maybe Tuanzebe will fit in)
(This comes to 105 Million)

Then we have Midfield where I feel we need a DM and an AM. (Ndombele and Fernandes would be my picks) This is where the big money will have to be spent, unless our scouts find someone we have not heard of yet.

If others leave this summer ( Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku), then we will have more problems.
How is Lukaku leaving a problem? Relatively easy to replace with players of similar or arguably better quality, and more suited to the modern game.
The only player we will have issue replacing is Pogba.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
My guess is we will spend £100m, maybe a bit more.

A £50m attacker/winger, a £25m midfielder and a £25m defender. Can't see us spending the £200m+ people are speculating, unless we ship out either Pogba or De Gea for big money.

kps88

My guess is we will spend £100m, maybe a bit more.

A £50m attacker/winger, a £25m midfielder and a £25m defender. Can't see us spending the £200m+ people are speculating, unless we ship out either Pogba or De Gea for big money.
£25m for a midfielder seems very hopeful. Fred was almost double that.

Dante

Average bang
How is Lukaku leaving a problem? Relatively easy to replace with players of similar or arguably better quality, and more suited to the modern game.
The only player we will have issue replacing is Pogba.
Only Aguero and Kane have scored more PL goals than him in the last 4 years. Buying either of them isn't "relatively easy".

Fosu-Mens

Only Aguero and Kane have scored more PL goals than him in the last 4 years. Buying either of them isn't "relatively easy".
Thats a very narrow way of thinking. I'm not saying that goals are not crucial in football, but Kane and Aguero offers so much more than Lukaku does. If he could improve his technique and his movement in the box...

Dante

Average bang
Thats a very narrow way of thinking. I'm not saying that goals are not crucial in football, but Kane and Aguero offers so much more than Lukaku does. If he could improve his technique and his movement in the box...
So who would be a relatively easy purchase that you could point at as an upgrade? Only Kane and Aguero have proven that since 2015. Salah is a level above as well, but is there anybody else? None of them is a "relatively easy" buy, as you describe them.

Fosu-Mens

So who would be a relatively easy purchase that you could point at as an upgrade? Only Kane and Aguero have proven that since 2015. Salah is a level above as well, but is there anybody else? None of them is a "relatively easy" buy, as you describe them.
One should be allowed to look outside the PL for Lukakus replacement, eventhough they are not scoring PL-goals?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We need a lot.
RB - 100%
CB - realistically 2, but expect no more than 1
Playmaker - we lack a genuinely good passer of the ball from deep. Carrick appreciation increases by the day
Wingers - we don't have any.
No 9 - if we are to play with a focal point, lukaku doesn't cut it at this level.

Meunier, Konate, Kroos/verratti/brozovic, Pepe/Sancho, Jovic level players needed for a shake up....but I expect nothing of the sort.

Dante

Average bang
One should be allowed to look outside the PL for Lukakus replacement, eventhough they are not scoring PL-goals?
Like whom? Morata cost 70 miliion and was a massive bust.

Who would be a "relatively easy" purchase that would be a clear upgrade on a Premier League proven striker like Lukaku? Sanchez couldn't do it either.

Just because you have misgivings about the guy, it doesn't mean that he isn't a top striker.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Alderweirld - no brainer for £25m.
Wan Bissaka - him and Dalot can fight it out at RB. £50m
Sancho - our first proper RW in years. £100m
CM - Herrera replacement. Rice? Can fight it out with McT for the DM spot. £50m

£225m. I think spending anymore than that in one window is unrealistic.

It’s by no means perfect, but it’s a good start.

——-———————De Gea
Wan Bissaka - Alderweirld - Lindelof - Shaw
—————————Rice/McT
———-——-Fred ————— Pogba
Sancho —————Rashford———-—-Martial
I think this is most likely what we will do.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
If I had to guess our business this summer, it would be something like this:

IN
Alderweireld or Manolas - £25-30m
Meunier - £25m
Fekir - £40-50m
Some random youth prospect - £15m

OUT
Valencia
Rojo
Darmian
Herrera
Mata

I think we'll probably fail to offload Sanchez.

Fosu-Mens

Like whom? Morata cost 70 miliion and was a massive bust.

Who would be a "relatively easy" purchase that would be a clear upgrade on a Premier League proven striker like Lukaku? Sanchez couldn't do it either.
Dzeko, Duvan Zapata and Haller. They are not as good physically, but are able to use their frame better, also better on the ball and much better movement.
Jovic is not a "relatively easy" transfer.

Dante

Average bang
I think the Alderweireld ship has sailed. He's a similar profile to Lindelof without being a clear upgrade in either the short or long term.

If we were to buy a CB, I think it'd be a front-foot defender to take over the role of Smalling.

Dante

Average bang
Dzeko, Duvan Zapata and Haller. They are not as good physically, but are able to use their frame better, also better on the ball and much better movement.
Jovic is not a "relatively easy" transfer.
Dzeko couldn't adapt to the English game. Bringing him in for our top scorer would be madness.

You don't throw away the third best scorer currently playing in the Premier League for a gamble.

In your own words, there is no "relatively easy" replacement.

Kaglish10

Quality left footed right winger we should be looking at is Adam Ounas. He's been good everytime he's come on the right for Napoli. A shame Ancelotti doesn't trust in youths. He's likely to come cheap, thanks to his few games time under Ancelotti, similar to Coutinho's little game times at Inter before Liverpool signed him.

Any Benfica fans who can say something on Ferro? He looks quality to me. Looks comfortable on the ball with good eyes for pass, can read the play well, comfortable on the left side of defence and fantastic in the air.

Fosu-Mens

Dzeko couldn't adapt to the English game. Bringing him in for our top scorer would be madness.

You don't throw away the third best scorer currently playing in the Premier League for a gamble.
The "could not adapt to the English game" arguement is flawed.

Lukaku in EPL for us: 28 goals, 7 assist - 4801 minutes played.
Lukaku for Everton: 68 goals, 23 assist - 11885 minutes played.
Total: 106 goals, 30 assist - 16686 minutes played.
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/78498/History/Romelu-Lukaku

Dzeko in EPL: 50 goals and 10 assist - 7084 minutes played.
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/24845/History/Edin-Dzeko
From 11/12 season until 2013/14 season he scored 44 goals and 6 assist, having played a total of 5306 minutes.

Comparable numbers? If you remove the first half season and his last season at City, Dzekos number are actually quite flattering. Only issue i would have with Dzeko is his age, but he would be a good player for us the next two seasons if he did not play 90+ minutes each game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know the suggestion of signing Bale is, on this forum, used as a synonym for operational incompetence, but IF a deal can be done for approximately £50m and he is willing to take a pay cut - then I absolutely want us to get him this summer. I think we need two attackers. Mata and Sanchez at the very least should be leaving, Lingard is no use to anyone, and Lukaku may also depart. All this talk about signing every u20 forward available is not the answer I think.

I’d add ONE of Felix or Sancho, preferably Sancho, alongside a more experienced option in Bale. It will be ‘Take 2’ of what Sanchez was supposed to do here, but the reality is that Sanchez didn’t do it, and what we wanted him to do still needs doing. That is, a forward who can in the immediate term, deliver consistent goals and threat at the top end of our team while the others are developing.

A group of Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Lingard, Greenwood will not get us any higher than 4th next year. Then Pogba will leave and we’ll be constantly chasing our tail. We need a balance between developing talent and competing. Bale isn’t perfect, but if he can have an RVP effect on us and give us just 2 seasons of near his best, he’ll be worth it. I’d play him as a 9 and get rid of Lukaku. Sancho can then play on the right and Martial and Rashford can compete on the left.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ok full Muppet mode now

De Gea
Meunier . Lindelof. Koulibaly. Shaw

Neves

Saul. Pogba

Fernandes

Rashford. Icardi

We would challenge for the title with this squad and that tasty midfield..... A man can only dream though

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Spends £300m on transfers, and still the forwards, look poor. Martial can’t continue as a LW. His Midfield and defence, whilst they look stronger, we need more up top and out wide.

Obviously, we won’t make wholesale changes, in one window.

His squad, wouldn't make us champions imo.

MrSingh2002

Who is the Paul Scholes of 2019?

I'm not sold on Barella if he is to be signed as a CM to play alongside another defensive midfielder like Matic or McTominay.

Who are the best CM playmakers? Or is it still Kroos? I'd love to hear some suggestions of players that could play in our midfield and really control a game. Herrera/Fred aren't that player so if someone is to be signed to play as a number 8 I believe it should be a playmaker.

Pogba could've and probably should've been that player given his attributes but he only seems to lack the work rate required to be a Scholes/Kroos type player. He has the passing range on either foot but just doesn't have the motivation to be that central midfield catalyst player. How frustrating that we still need to sign a hard-working version of Pogba to play with Pogba .....