Players I wouldn't mind leaving:
Matic
Martial
Dalot
Williams
Tuanzebe
Chong
Garner

I have reservations on DDG, Maguire, AWB, but I still think we're just fine signing a DM.

Rashford Ronaldo Sancho
Fred Bruno Tchouameni
Shaw Maguire Varane Laird
DDG

Elanga Greenwood Amad Shoretire
Hannibal
VDB Galbraith McTominay
Telles Lindelof Bailly AWB Jones
Henderson Heaton

Doesn't really matter who we need, until we get the manager position sorted out, I doubt it's going to make much difference.

If we don't make top 4, we can forget Haaland, for a start. He's not coming to United to play EL football.
This. It's difficult to rate our players with the current coaching team.

Maniron

We need to lose our sense of entitlement
and the angst, recrimination and vitriol that comes with every defeat.

But yes, we could do with a new manager.

CR1

Longer term the following players will probably leave (for varying reasons): Jones, Dalot, Matic, Pogba, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Cavani.

No less than 9 players.

Then the following could be the squad - with two players for each position:

LF: Rashford, Elanga
CF: Ronaldo, Greenwood
RF: Sancho, Amad

LM: Fernandes, Mejbri
CDM: NEW SIGNING, Galbraith
RM: McTominay, Vdb

LB: Shaw, Telles
CB1: Varane, Tuanzebe
CB2: Maguire, Lindelof
RB: Awb, Laird

GK: Ddg, Heaton

Squad fill out player: Fred

Loan out: Henderson, Williams, Mengi, Garner, Levitt, Pellistri, Chong, Shoretire and others

IMO that's a pretty good squad. And that's with only one new signing. If you throw in another RB, CB and/or Haaland into the mix then you're really talking. So basically, 1-4 new signings - which theoretically should be doable over two transfer windows.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We need Varane to actually play more than 3 or 4 games in a row first, and with proper management, the defence might not be asbad as it currently looks.

In fact, ditto that for the whole line-up, with just a more defensive mobile mid added when possible.

Devil may care

We need Varane to actually play more than 3 or 4 games in a row first, and with proper management, the defence might not be asbad as it currently looks.

In fact, ditto that for the whole line-up, with just a more defensive mobile mid added when possible.
The midfield is still a mass of bacterial infected arse puss no matter who the manager is, but I agree the rest of the positions need to be evaluated under a proper coaching set up.

Macedonian Red

Pogba, Bailly, Dalot, Telles, Matic, Mata, Lingaard, Martial, Cavani, Ronaldo, out.

Coach: Ten Haag
Rb: Mazzraoui free
CB Rudiger free
LB Hernandez 40m
DM: Rice(80m)/Brozovic/Kessie free
CM: Tielemans
ST: Haaland 80m

Ddg/Hendo
MazrouiBissaka Varane/Lindelof Rudiger/Maguire Theo/Shaw

Rice/McTominay

VDB/Tielemans Bruno/Fred

Sancho/Greenwood Haaland Rashford/Elanga

Ghengis

Seems like Ragnick is going to be in charge of our transfers coming up with him taking over a consulting position in the club.

Will be refreshing to finally see us have a system of play and it will be interesting to see who Ragnick decides to get in and who he lets go.

The players that comes in need to fit in Ragnicks Gegenpress system.

We need upgrades in most defending and midfield positions possibly even the goalkeeper.

What players do you hope we go for and who will fit in our new system?

I am very excited to see how we move in our upcoming transfer windows and how much control Ragnick really gonna have in our transfers.

Resch

Seems like Ragnick is going to be in charge of our transfers coming up with him taking over a consulting position in the club.

Will be refreshing to finally see us have a system of play and it will be interesting to see who Ragnick decides to get in and who he lets go.

The players that comes in need to fit in Ragnicks Gegenpress system.

We need upgrades in most defending and midfield positions possibly even the goalkeeper.

What players do you hope we go for and who will fit in our new system?

I am very excited to see how we move in our upcoming transfer windows and how much control Ragnick really gonna have in our transfers.
RR will establish a system all over the club. All the youth teams will play the same system, the same idea as the 1st team.
The system is not directly connected to the formation. 4-2-2-2, 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3, all are possible. But we will see high tempo football, many young players, who want to develop and improve.
AWP will need improve offencly. Or we will need a new RB, or Dalot has to surprise us all.
We will need 1 or 2 midfielders. Players like Mo Camera, who plays for Salzburg. We do not have this type of players. Hard working CM who also can operate as DM. With enough tactical awareness.
Matic should be RR antithesis of a modern DM.

But I would give every player a chance under RR, because many players could surprise us and become useful, good players. RR system produces great teams with mostly good players. He does not need too many great players.

Dante

Average bang
Seeing as we seem to be going down the 4-2-2-2 route...

GK: DDG. Henderson/Heaton
RB: AWB, Laird/Dalot
CB: Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Bailly
CM: McTominay, Fred, Matic, Pogba
AM: Bruno, Sancho, VDB, Amad
CF: Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani

Players in bold need to be replaced in the match day squad ASAP. Midfield is obviously a priority with two new starters required. But a pacey fourth choice central defender (who can keep himself fit) is also important.

Next season, Elanga can take Cavani's spot after the latter's contract ends.

Then we need to figure out the future statuses of DDG, Henderson, Heaton, Laird and Dalot as first team players after the summer. But that's in our own hands.

Pogba, Matic, Bailly, Martial, Mata, Jones, Lingard, Tuanzebe, Williams, Chong, Pereira, DDG or Henderson or Heaton, and Laird or Dalot could do with getting cut off the wage bill.

Overall, we're in good shape. Only need 3 new players for a complete squad imo. Then the biggest remaining question mark would be over right back - but the winner out of Dalot and Laird at least deserves a chance to show what they can do.

This is the closest we've been to being a potentially dominant European side since about 2009. Plus, the age profile of the squad is really promising.

Red-17

Seeing as we seem to be going down the 4-2-2-2 route...

GK: DDG. Henderson/Heaton
RB: AWB, Laird/Dalot
CB: Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Bailly
CM: McTominay, Fred, Matic, Pogba
AM: Bruno, Sancho, VDB, Amad
CF: Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani

Players in bold need to be replaced in the match day squad ASAP. Midfield is obviously a priority with two new starters required. But a pacey fourth choice central defender (who can keep himself fit) is also important.

Next season, Elanga can take Cavani's spot after the latter's contract ends.

Then we need to figure out the future statuses of DDG, Henderson, Heaton, Laird and Dalot as first team players after the summer. But that's in our own hands.

Pogba, Matic, Bailly, Martial, Mata, Jones, Lingard, Tuanzebe, Williams, Chong, Pereira, DDG or Henderson or Heaton, and Laird or Dalot could do with getting cut off the wage bill.

Overall, we're in good shape. Only need 3 new players for a complete squad imo. Then the biggest remaining question mark would be over right back - but the winner out of Dalot and Laird at least deserves a chance to show what they can do.

This is the closest we've been to being a potentially dominant European side since about 2009. Plus, the age profile of the squad is really promising.
I think currently we really only need someone for that second #6 position next to Fred. The good thing about the system we played today is that it doesn't necessarily have to be a pure defensive mid/deep lying playmaker type. While we are obviously lacking that with the decline of Matic, it isn't necessarily a requirement of that formation. I think getting in one or possibly even two midfielders is honestly the only thing the squad really "needs" at the moment. Very well stacked in just about every area in terms of a balance of experience, quality, and depth.

I think the jury is still out on our right back position. AWB deserves a shot at redeeming himself under Ralf as he has certainly shown flashes of quality going forward at various points since he joined.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Devil may care

If the 4-2-2-2 is here to stay we are in a good shape squad-wise for it, even with Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Matic and Mata likely on their way out.

CB - Varane/Lindelof/Maguire/Bailly
RB - AWB/Dalot/Laird
LB - Shaw/Telles

CM - Fred/McTominay
AM - Bruno/Sancho/Van de Beek/Amad
FW - Ronaldo/Mason/Rashford/Martial/Elanga

Try to get Tchouameni in January and then see if we can get De Jong in the summer.

MUFC OK

Tchouameni. Laird back from loan, another CM/at mid if pogba leaves.

jesperjaap

We still need two central midfielders regardless of who stays and goes
We still need more conistency at centre back within the squad
We also need better competition at right back

We dont even need to spend any money on that with the likes of Romagnoli, Kessie and Kamara as potentially free players in the summer and possibility of Laird stepping up next season. Not saying these are the ideal signings but we can do a fair amount without having to spend big money.

I think what is important coem the summer and a new manager that the squad is trimmed. Personally any number for me could leave from

Williams, Jones, Bailly, Dalot, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, VDB, Martial, Matic, Grant, Chong, Tuanzabe and likely Cavani will leave too.

Personally they can ALL leave, probably only bringing in £100m with many frees

In for me:

1) An experienced free like Romagnoli or a cheap youngster with potential such as Sow
2) Either Laird is ready or he isnt, if not....an attacking right back. Lots saing Lamptey isnt a right back but a wing back, for me he still gives us a great different option to Bissaka
3) A bargain central midfielder Kessie and Kamara are both talented and could be free and there are others not really remember seeing liek Tyler Adams
4) Our big signing should be in central midfield....the likes of Rice, Bellingham, De Jong
5) With Martial and Cavani movng on being highly likely, if we are playing two up fron twe dont really have any cover for Greenwood and Ronaldo playing there, so another striker. Persoanlly dont feel much chance of Haalad and not even sure the money involved would be right. I would like a talented young striker to come in, dont really know anything about some of the South American names I have seen in the press

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If we're comparing ourselves to the best in the world, you'd have to say only Sancho, Rashford, Varane and Bruno look up to the highest standard.

Of course not everyone has to be that good, Bayern played with Jerome Boateng for years and had success. Maguire, Greenwood and Shaw are good enough, and Pogba probably belongs here due to his inconsistency.

Lindelof, Fred, Lingard and McTominay could be useful if coached properly. AWB, Bailly, VDB, Telles and Dalot need to improve. Having creativity at fullback is crucial to being a top team, I'd like to see us to after a top target there.

Matic, Mata, Martial and Jones need to go. Cavani and Ronaldo are short term foxes (and fixes, damn Freudian swipe-typing autocorrect).

Ogaranya

Firstly we need to go shrewd in the transfer market inorder to remove the "desperate mark" that we have carried since Woodward came onboard.

We need two central midfielders, I recommend yves Bissouma and boubacar kamara , Bissouma as a b2b midfielder will be a big upgrade on mcfred and also he is epl proven.
He will bring steel, energy and agility to the midfield together with kamara which will give Bruno or Van be beek the freedom to roam about and create chances.

One attacker is needed too as martial and cavani as set to leave, Ronaldo is not going to stay long here.
Christopher Nkunku will be an ideal signing

Shrewd quality signings, enough of being exploited by clubs/agents in the market.
It will be a big shame if we pay 100m pounds for declan rice.

Mylock

I believe the 1st question should be who do we get rid of? We have far too many players who are not good enough and were never suitable for the club.

We should move on either Henderson or De Gea; we don't need both. I see Henderson moving on.
The following defenders should be moved on - Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Telles and Wan Bisska as they are either limited or injury-prone or both.
The following midfielders need to be moved on - Lingard, Mata, Matic, Pogba as they are either limited, injury-prone, or both. There is also a major question mark about Van De Beek as he has failed to deliver with the limited chances he has had to date.
On the forwards that have, we should be moving on Martial and Cavani over the next few months.

My list has at least 12 players that will be either out of contract or need to move on over the next months. Whoever becomes the permanent manager will have to clear out the deadwood to make room for the players we need.

Last edited:

Marquee Moon

I believe the 1st question should be who do we get rid of? We have far too many players who are not good enough and were never suitable for the club.

We should move on either Henderson or De Gea; we don't need both. I see Henderson moving on.
The following defenders should be moved on - Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Telles and Wan Bisska as they are either limited or injury-prone or both.
The following midfielders need to be moved on - Lingard, Mata, Matic, Pogba as they are either limited, injury-prone, or both. There is also a major question mark about Van De Beek as he has failed to deliver with the limited chances he has had to date.
On the forwards that have, we should be moving on Martial and Cavani over the next few months.

My list has at least 12 players that will be either out of contract or need to move on over the next months. Whoever becomes the permanent manager will have to clear out the deadwood to make room for the players we need.
Hello. I love a thread like this, where anyone gets to play manager. I couldn't resist having my say.
Firstly I just about agree with everything you say which is my main reason for quoting you. I would actually go even further though. The whole place needs to be swept clean.
The first issue I have had with this team for some time now is the oversized lumberjacks that make up our back six. Big 6 foot 5 palm trees like Maguire, McTominay, Matic.
Also we could do with some fullbacks that can actually play football. We need agile players with good ball control and speed off the mark to patrol the touchlines. Otherwise the pitch is just too narrow for us when we have possession. We need players that can start something from out wide, and not slow us down or lose possession altogether. I don't even care about having attacking fullbacks. Just ones that can actually play football would suffice.
Likewise I want a 6 that can actually move the ball on sharply with a bit of meaning. Someone that can keep the ball moving at a crisp tempo. I guess I'm just sick of these oversized lumberjacks playing pedestrian football. Solksjaer and Mourinho seemed to love them, and redcafe was quite bullish about Maguire & AWB, coming on with the old 'pay whatever It takes'.
So I agree. Out with the deadwood. But let's replace them with some actual footballers.

SAF is the GOAT

You can see how Liverpool move the ball while in possession with urgency, quickness and precision and the only thing that I think to myself is "We will never could do that" Even with Ralf

dan1509

Out: Rashford, Mctominay, Matic, AWB, Jones, Lingard, Mata,

In: Trippier, De Jong, Palhinha, Raphinha,

Also Ten Haag or Amorim in as manager.

jesperjaap

For me, clear out all the players who have the wrong attitude or are simply not good enough or are too old. We need more competition at centre back, also right back (Laird brings a more attacking option, should give him a chance), our midfield needs a complete overhaul, Fernandes needs competition and rest (Hannibal deserve opportunities next season, can be bedded in) also though we are currently bloated at th emoment in attacking positions, with so many needing or choosin gto move on, another attacking option would be good as the likes of Elanga/Pellestri dont look ready to me, so unrealistic on the outgoings number wise maybe (bar Fred and Lindelof see little argument on the others though), but if it was down to me:

GK DeGea
LB Shaw
CB Varane
CB Maguire
RB Bissaka
CM Bellingham (£80)
CM DeJOng (£80)
AM Fernandes
LW Sancho
RW Greenwood
ST Ronaldo

GK Henderson
LB Telles
CB Saidou Sow (£10)
CB Romagnoli (Free)
RB Laird
CM McTominay
CM Kamara (Free)
AM Hannibal
LW Rashford
RW Amad
ST Alvarez (£20)

£170m

Profess to knowing little of Sow and Alvarez but they fit the profile of players look right to me. We dont have any quality young centre backs at the moment andAlvarez is a gamble but his ability to play all across the front brings competition and more options fo rGreenwood playing up front as well.

Romagnoli brings leadership, experience and is a solid defender and Kamara is a steal as can play at the back as well.

Our big spend should be in cm, for me ideally any two from Rice, Bellingham and DeJOng despite the costs

Rest of Squad: Heaton, Garner, Elanga

Release
Grant
Pogba
Mata
Lingard
Cavani

Loan
Mengi
Shoetire
Pellestri

Sell
Lindelof £20
Bailly £15
JOnes £5
Williams £5
Tuanzabe £10
Pereira £5
Fred £25
Matic £5
VDB £25
Martial £30
Chong £5

£150m

£20m Net spend, probably a negative net spend with all the wages saved

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Firstly we need to go shrewd in the transfer market inorder to remove the "desperate mark" that we have carried since Woodward came onboard.

We need two central midfielders, I recommend yves Bissouma and boubacar kamara , Bissouma as a b2b midfielder will be a big upgrade on mcfred and also he is epl proven.
He will bring steel, energy and agility to the midfield together with kamara which will give Bruno or Van be beek the freedom to roam about and create chances.

One attacker is needed too as martial and cavani as set to leave, Ronaldo is not going to stay long here.
Christopher Nkunku will be an ideal signing

Shrewd quality signings, enough of being exploited by clubs/agents in the market.
It will be a big shame if we pay 100m pounds for declan rice.
I recommend googling him to find out why no one will touch him with a barge pole

SAF is the GOAT

This is from an article from the daily mail but I won't be shocked if there's a pinch of truth in this, and if it is true - we have a longgggggg season right ahead of us

The mood at the training ground is said to be very low and concerns over dressing room cliques have not been helped by an upgrade to the canteen that has seen six four-seater booths installed.
The players are struggling to adjust to Rangnick’s later training sessions and left in the dark at 5pm on Tuesday.

Devil may care

Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Matic and Martial will all be gone after this season imo, and there may be more, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo already has an exit strategy planned if we fail to get top 4. If it is just the 6 above that leave then the squad below in the 4-2-2-2 shows where we'll need additions.

Gk
De Gea
Heaton

CB
Varane
Lindelof
Maguire
Bailly

FB
Shaw
Telles
Dalot
AWB

CM
Fred
McTominay

AM
Bruno
Sancho
Van de Beek

FW
Ronaldo
Rashford
Greenwood

I know some will want another fullback but I think we'll bring Laird back. The need for two central midfielders has been clear as day for ages, and we are going to need a forward to replace Cavani and Martial. With the 4th AM spot I'd like to see Hannibal and Amad given chances.

We've been linked to the below. I would like to see us pick Kamara up cheap in January and then try to get De Jong or Bellingham in the summer. I'm really not sure on the forward as I don't think we'll get Haaland who is clearly levels above any other option.

CM
De Jong
Tchouameni
Kamara
Bellingham
Rice
Haidara

FW
Haaland
Vlahovic
Alvarez

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The biggest problem is that the Premier League top clubs are now being victim of their good financial position they are now: deadwood aint going anywhere unless their contract expires. No other clubs are paying the wages the EPL is paying.

Andrew7582

Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Matic and Martial will all be gone after this season imo, and there may be more, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo already has an exit strategy planned if we fail to get top 4. If it is just the 6 above that leave then the squad below in the 4-2-2-2 shows where we'll need additions.

Gk
De Gea
Heaton

CB
Varane
Lindelof
Maguire
Bailly

FB
Shaw
Telles
Dalot
AWB

CM
Fred
McTominay

AM
Bruno
Sancho
Van de Beek

FW
Ronaldo
Rashford
Greenwood

I know some will want another fullback but I think we'll bring Laird back. The need for two central midfielders has been clear as day for ages, and we are going to need a forward to replace Cavani and Martial. With the 4th AM spot I'd like to see Hannibal and Amad given chances.

We've been linked to the below. I would like to see us pick Kamara up cheap in January and then try to get De Jong or Bellingham in the summer. I'm really not sure on the forward as I don't think we'll get Haaland who is clearly levels above any other option.

CM
De Jong
Tchouameni
Kamara
Bellingham
Rice
Haidara

FW
Haaland
Vlahovic
Alvarez
I don't know why you are planning for the 4-2-2-2, as if Rangnick will still be manager next season. He will really have to do something special this season to get the permanent job which isn't looking likely at the moment.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The biggest problem is that the Premier League top clubs are now being victim of their good financial position they are now: deadwood aint going anywhere unless their contract expires. No other clubs are paying the wages the EPL is paying.
Big clubs will subsidise the wages like we did with Sanchez. It’s only really us though who are out of control. By the looks of things we are spending nearly 100 million more than city per year but on poor squad players. We need to stop hoarding and start using our pulling power to keep the squad as fresh as possible until we hit gold. Take the hits and keep the talent moving. Stop becoming the final stop for a big contract or two fc. Let it be known if you don’t succeed you’re out before your second deal.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Big clubs will subsidise the wages like we did with Sanchez. It’s only really us though who are out of control. By the looks of things we are spending nearly 100 million more than city per year but on poor squad players. We need to stop hoarding and start using our pulling power to keep the squad as fresh as possible until we hit gold. Take the hits and keep the talent moving. Stop becoming the final stop for a big contract or two fc. Let it be known if you don’t succeed you’re out before your second deal.
Hard to disagree. We lacked a long term plan and a solid ambitious structure. It shouldn't matter the manager in charge, there shoud be a major plan that would at least keep us on top 4.

Unfortunatelly our market movements were too impulsive: need a midfielder? Let's buy the most expensive midfielder available (Pogba). Martial is the new Henry? Let's pay a ridiculous release clause of 80M€ before those values were the norm. Need a midfielder? Let's make a record breaking transfer in ukranian football for Fred.
Need a CB: lets pay 87M€ for Maguire.
Need goalscorers? let's sign Cavani and Ronaldo despite having to pay a ton of money on wages.

and so on

Ali Dia

Hard to disagree. We lacked a long term plan and a solid ambitious structure. It shouldn't matter the manager in charge, there shoud be a major plan that would at least keep us on top 4.

Unfortunatelly our market movements were too impulsive: need a midfielder? Let's buy the most expensive midfielder available (Pogba). Martial is the new Henry? Let's pay a ridiculous release clause of 80M€ before those values were the norm. Need a midfielder? Let's make a record breaking transfer in ukranian football for Fred.
Need a CB: lets pay 87M€ for Maguire.
Need goalscorers? let's sign Cavani and Ronaldo despite having to pay a ton of money on wages.

and so on
Yes I agree. Money and shoddy recruitment practices are at the root of all of our problems. More money than sense. I don’t see what hope a manager has when he can’t sell any player he wants to though. This goes back to Jose not being backed by the board. The players Ole got to sell was lip service. An exercise in PR. Those players publicly asked to leave. Anyone who wants to stay was allowed stay. We still have a contract on the table for Pogba to this day. Rashford and Martial are on Salah money. The cart is well and truly before the horse. Too many cooks and not enough of them know what they are doing. I hope there’s some clarity with Ralf now and he can really shake things up. It’s badly needed. We need to stop being such an easy target for cynical players and agents. We don’t make it easy on ourselves that’s for sure. The way we operate doesn’t put the players under any pressure to perform.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You think our wage bill is 100 million more than ManCity?

Jibbs

We need balance in the team. For that you need either Ronaldo or Bruno in the side, not both, you need to get rid of Rashford and play Mason and Sancho regularly on the wings along with either Ronaldo as striker or Bruno as false 9.
Then we need a solid defensive midfielder like Kelvin Philips and a work horse like Haidera to bring the balance and grit in midfield. Our Defense seems sorted.

croadyman

We need balance in the team. For that you need either Ronaldo or Bruno in the side, not both, you need to get rid of Rashford and play Mason and Sancho regularly on the wings along with either Ronaldo as striker or Bruno as false 9.
Then we need a solid defensive midfielder like Kelvin Philips and a work horse like Haidera to bring the balance and grit in midfield. Our Defense seems sorted.
Yeah desperately need to sign one in January, really don't think we can afford to wait until the summer.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Yes I agree. Money and shoddy recruitment practices are at the root of all of our problems. More money than sense. I don’t see what hope a manager has when he can’t sell any player he wants to though. This goes back to Jose not being backed by the board. The players Ole got to sell was lip service. An exercise in PR. Those players publicly asked to leave. Anyone who wants to stay was allowed stay. We still have a contract on the table for Pogba to this day. Rashford and Martial are on Salah money. The cart is well and truly before the horse. Too many cooks and not enough of them know what they are doing. I hope there’s some clarity with Ralf now and he can really shake things up. It’s badly needed. We need to stop being such an easy target for cynical players and agents. We don’t make it easy on ourselves that’s for sure. The way we operate doesn’t put the players under any pressure to perform.
We're being punished for daring to value Martial and Rashford at the same level as Salah :D

I think we need to stop hiring estabilished players for a start: we already did that route and we end up having a better squad, but similar problems. We need to go back to hire those players who are hungry for wining things and proving themselves, those kind of players who aren't a finished product yet.
Our starting 11 is quite solid, if we improved our CDM position. We don't really need to invest heavily on the market, there's no need.
Off course easier said then done, because in order to pick good market choices in these kind of markets we need a lot of data analysis and also to assess the player's personality before we signed them.

The problem is many agents know the EPL is a never ending money source, they will push the wages to the limit because they know we can pay them. This will only change if we manage to keep a tight limit on offers and with that we filter the players who really want to play here, despite not getting a huge wage boost on short term.

Ali Dia

You think our wage bill is 100 million more than ManCity?
It could easily be approaching it. Ronaldo Varane and Sancho is another 70 ish on top of what we were already spending. Lots of outlets have our wages at 220 and cities at 150. It’s obviously hard to know but it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities when we can’t get a fee for martial etc.

We are very badly run. Spending money isn’t the problem. It’s hoarding players, refusing to cut ties with under performing and under used players and over rewarding mediocrity.

roonster09

Scout
It could easily be approaching it. Ronaldo Varane and Sancho is another 70 ish on top of what we were already spending. Lots of outlets have our wages at 220 and cities at 150. It’s obviously hard to know but it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities when we can’t get a fee for martial etc.

We are very badly run. Spending money isn’t the problem. It’s hoarding players, refusing to cut ties with under performing and under used players and over rewarding mediocrity.
It is beyond realms of possibilities, it won't take much time to search for their official accounts or Swiss ramble account either.

People should stop using Sportrac or any other first links that's posted on Google search, they are terrible sources.

Even Spurs have bigger wage bill than 150 million, Serie A midtable clubs have bigger wages than that.

Ali Dia

It is beyond realms of possibilities, it won't take much time to search for their official accounts or Swiss ramble account either.

People should stop using Sportrac or any other first links that's posted on Google search, they are terrible sources.

Even Spurs have bigger wage bill than 150 million, Serie A midtable clubs have bigger wages than that.
it’s stands to reason that ours is a lot bigger when KDB is supposedly “only” on 330 per week and he’s their highest earner. We have Ronadlo Varane and DDG on similar or greater amounts and then the likes of Pogba not very far behind and demanding more than that to sign a new deal. We’ve been massively overpaying relative to output and the new transfers look like being along the same lines. I guess it’s the only way the board thought we could catch up and get these players, by overpaying for them. I would argue its probably just created a false sense of security within the squad.

Just did a bit more digging on the Swiss ramble, interesting. Either way we have one of the worst ROI’s in football

roonster09

Scout
it’s stands to reason that ours is a lot bigger when KDB is supposedly “only” on 330 per week and he’s their highest earner. We have Ronadlo Varane and DDG on similar or greater amounts and then the likes of Pogba not very far behind and demanding more than that to sign a new deal. We’ve been massively overpaying relative to output and the new transfers look like being along the same lines. I guess it’s the only way the board thought we could catch up and get these players, by overpaying for them. I would argue its probably just created a false sense of security within the squad.

Just did a bit more digging on the Swiss ramble, interesting. Either way we have one of the worst ROI’s in football
Us overpaying is obvious, City's is much higher than 150 million. Grealish is their highest earner, KdB, Sterling all are on 300k+.

Ali Dia

Us overpaying is obvious, City's is much higher than 150 million. Grealish is their highest earner, KdB, Sterling all are on 300k+.
It’s hard to get solid info on this. We all think we know who the highest earners are at each club and city are on record as having kdb on the guts of 350 and their highest earner and it makes sense if that was indeed the case. I’d be surprised if Grealish is on close to that with his first deal there. Lots of outlets reporting about 250 but for 6 years which would make some kind of sense. I just don’t understand what planet someone like Pogba is on demanding more than KDB to stay at a team who hasn’t challenged for anything for years, yet our owners are even worse for indulging him. It sends out a very poor message. That’s the only thing the players we seem to covet see in this club is that extra money. We need to fix that and draw a line in the sand at some point. It’s that same shoddy management that’s knocking on down to the players anyway. You’re trying to nurture a competitive environment, not a space where you’re unhappy but fully bought out