What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

AnotherLondonManc

We're broken. We're so so broken. We still need major investment despite spending £200m+ this summer.

We desperately need a DoF too.

Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen are the only players that I'd be dead cert to keep around as regulars.

There needs to be signings in January. Minimum we need to go for is a RB to compete with Dalot, a FW (Gapko - he's, however, in a title fight) and a CM.

How much? Around £120m, I'd say. And yes, that's a significant amount but we need to spend. We can't make the same mistake as last January. UCL football is crucial.

As for long term, GK, RB, CM, CM, W and #9 is needed.

We need two CMs as none of Fred, McTominay, Fernandes or van de Beek are good enough and Eriksen is ageing + fatigued.

The likes of De Gea, Maguire, Williams, Tuanzebe, AWB, VDB, Fred and Elanga need to be made surplus to requirements. Pellistri too. There's a good £100m there (saving around £10-15m purely from De Gea off the books).

This January? The minimum must be a RB, CM and FW. No excuses.

Dalot cannot go the whole campaign without rest, we cannot have a gaping hole in our team for a season and we cannot rely solely on an OAP Ronaldo and crocked Martial.
No excuses? How about the excuse that 3 more first team players in January is wildly unrealistic.

It's pretty clear where we are lacking in our squad and there's a common consensus that we need at least a CF, CM and RB before we're challenging for titles. But we're not challenging for titles this season, and no amount of January spending is going to change that.

Currently, we're looking pretty good! The team is starting to embrace ETH's football, and we're well on track for a top 4 finish (although long way to go). People are talking like us not being in a title challenge this season is unacceptable. That was never the plan.

In January, I'd like us to address RB. I have no clue where TF Wan Bissaka is but to have only one senior RB is mad. If we can then sort a quality CF and CM in the summer (and maybe Gakpo), our squad is starting to look pretty stacked. We'd still have some depth issues in defence and there are always areas to improve, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

TBH this is the first time I've felt optimistic about Utd for a while.

Olecurls99

Next summer we need
A backup for De Gea that won't sulk
Laird back in the squad
A starting box to box midfielder
A starting attacker

NoPace

At the moment, I'd guess:

January - RB in, Wan-Bissaka out (maybe on loan)
Summer - Cristiano, VDB Shaw, Lindelof and Maguire out, a #9 to start, young #8 to backup Eriksen, 2 CBs (one cheap, one giant highly rated young player to learn from and take over for Varane as Lisandro's partner in time), an LB to compete with Malacia unless Ten Hag loves Alvaro.

#9/Martial/Rashford
Sancho/Rashford/Garnacho
Antony/Sancho
Bruno/Eriksen
Eriksen/#8
Casemiro/McTominay
Malacia/LB or Alvaro
Lisandro/LCB
Varane/RCB
Dalot/RB
De Gea or new GK/Dubravka

and then you'd figure one young midfielder like Iqbal is in the squad, an attacker, so maybe Elanga gets one more year with us to be our 7th attacker.

I think Lindelof has to go because he's got 2 years left as of this summer so we can probably sell him for 15M and buy a decent replacement instead of letting him get to one year left, when he might choose to just let his deal expire and sign on a free somewhere for more money.

Current guess:

#9 - Toney
#8 - De Jong
LCB, RCB - No idea, had never heard of Bella-Kotchap before he signed for Saints
GK - Sanchez or we keep De Gea
Only change so far looks to be:

1. Shaw in at LB and another loan for Alvaro, maybe back to the Champo or even to start in Portugal, France or the Eredivise.

NoPace

Next summer we need
A backup for De Gea that won't sulk
Laird back in the squad
A starting box to box midfielder
A starting attacker
We've brought in Dubravka for that role. Agree on the rest though unsure about Laird being Dalot's backup, and I think we need to move on from Maguire and buy a pacier CB, even if he makes a mistake or 2.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Love the CDM/CMs. Have we been linked to them?
We were previously linked with Enzo and Koopmeiners both of whom are developing well at their new clubs.

I’ve been a big fan of Koopmeiners since his AZ days and think he could do the job of link man in midfield like Eriksen whilst also keeping an excellent set piece delivery too. He’s pushed on well at Atalanta and is stating to become an important player for the Dutch NT too. He’s a natural leader and technically excellent with his passing.

Lovro Majer is more of a Bruno Fernandes back up he’s an attacking CM/Number 10 very good on the ball. Unfortunately we’ve not been linked with him but I think he’ll be an under the radar signing down the line for a bigger club.

Bojan Djordjic

Priority positions for me are CF, GK and MF. Striker is an obvious need and requires no elaboration as to why, we need a new keeper to really kick on with EtH's style of play. Might sound very harsh given how Eriksen has contributed but for me he is still a bit of a moments player and doesn't provide enough control in midfield over a full 90 minutes. As United fans we're easily impressed by someone who can pass through lines after what we've been through over the last ten years but I still think it can be an area of improvement.
My choices would be:

Centre Forward: Osimhen for now. Datro Fofano as a cheap punt for the future. Gakpo as a cheaper alternative to Osimhen.
Goalkeeper: Diogo Costa - performs all aspects of modern keeping to a high standard. Great peno saver too. David Raya as back up option.
Midfielder: Should have sealed the deal for him in the summer when we were linked for a pittance but Enzo Fernandez. Already thriving at Champions League level and is a statistical leader across top seven leagues in progressive passing while also having very high retention rates (unlike Eriksen) which would hopefully provide us with more control in midfield. Should pay what Benfica want as he could be a Toni Kroos type player in the future. Alternatives would be FdJ, Bennacer or even Aouar (all different profiles but could still fit with Casemiro as 8s)

Secondary Priorities
Right Back: Malo Gusto or Jeremy Frimpong
RCB: Jurrien Timber
Versatile Forward: Suleimeina, Cherki or Doku

Really think we should front-load the priority signings in the next two windows and then we have a decent team but accept its probably unrealistic.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
https://www.elnacional.cat/ca/espor...en-hag-trair-florentino-perez_908682_102.html

A little surprised by ETH’s big interest in RW/AMC Brahim Diaz.

I’ve seen him some for AC Milan and he is the type of player you notice and everyone likes, definitely has a ton of similarities with Xherdan Shaqiri. Short, thick, very low center of gravity, tremendously hard to get a hold of for a defender. Nifty dribbler and of course relentless pressing when his team doesn’t have the ball.

Not sure why I am surprised of ETH’s fondness of him, but one thing is that he is the type of winger who basically always centralize his runs with and without the ball, whereas Antony and the likes can both lick the lines as well as invert. Another thing is that — when I’ve seen him — he has played with great intensity which can be great, but ETH wants his players to be a bit more heads up/calculated in their approach. At the same time, I saw a scouting report who mentioned that he had really good patience. Perhaps ETH see him as more of an AMC. But from my POV — there is a bit of a disconnect here between the “scouting report” on Diaz and reality, at least from what I’ve seen. At higher levels Diaz don’t get room and time to be a dominating AMC. His game has when I’ve seen him play AMC, been more of someone who seeks open areas of the field, often the right flank, and then centralize from there. Or he has been a RW to start with. My take on him could be a little off there.

If Diaz is brought in as like a back-up to Antony/Bruno, the more you think about it, he could be a very good fit. His pressing is great. If he comes on the last 10-20 minutes of a game, he will definitely have a field day with and tired defender. Always gives you energy. Left footed, although his right foot is really good. He has schooling from both Real and Manchester City.

Last edited:

MadMike

RCB: Jurrien Timber
Is this wise while Martinez is our LCB?

I'm not the guy to believe that height is the be all and end all for CBs. But height is still and asset, particularly in this league. A central defensive partnership of 1.75m and 1.79m height could be quite susceptible to Sean Dyche-style tactics.

Again, I'm aware that lot of that criticism was levelled at Martinez to begin with. And that apart form a shakey start he's so far proven himself to be solid. But he's at least has been complemented by a tall partner in Varane or Maguire and until recently also had very tall CDM (McTominay) helping out. Not sure doubling down on short CBs is the best idea.

croadyman

No excuses? How about the excuse that 3 more first team players in January is wildly unrealistic.

It's pretty clear where we are lacking in our squad and there's a common consensus that we need at least a CF, CM and RB before we're challenging for titles. But we're not challenging for titles this season, and no amount of January spending is going to change that.

Currently, we're looking pretty good! The team is starting to embrace ETH's football, and we're well on track for a top 4 finish (although long way to go). People are talking like us not being in a title challenge this season is unacceptable. That was never the plan.

In January, I'd like us to address RB. I have no clue where TF Wan Bissaka is but to have only one senior RB is mad. If we can then sort a quality CF and CM in the summer (and maybe Gakpo), our squad is starting to look pretty stacked. We'd still have some depth issues in defence and there are always areas to improve, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

I really don't think we can hang our hat on Ronaldo providing those goals needed to see us through until the summer,mind you Erik doesn't strike me as a manager who wants a short term striker

Bojan Djordjic

Is this wise while Martinez is our LCB?

I'm not the guy to believe that height is the be all and end all for CBs. But height is still and asset, particularly in this league. A central defensive partnership of 1.75m and 1.79m height could be quite susceptible to Sean Dyche-style tactics.

Again, I'm aware that lot of that criticism was levelled at Martinez to begin with. And that apart form a shakey start he's so far proven himself to be solid. But he's at least has been complemented by a tall partner in Varane or Maguire and until recently also had very tall CDM (McTominay) helping out. Not sure doubling down on short CBs is the best idea.
I tend to agree that the way we currently play two defenders of their height may invite trouble especially when we can't co-opt height from other parts of the team for set pieces as only McTominay has the height to provide it. However, the aim under EtH should be to evolve into a more possession focussed team where we dominate territory and possession and reduce the amount of tennis matches that we engage in such as the recent West Ham game. A more proactive keeper would also help in this regard as we all know that DDG's natural inclination is to stay rooted to his line which doesn't suit the high-line game plan that EtH presumably wants to foster. Furthermore, we need to improve our attack so we aren't dominating games but only winning games by one goal as variance will kick our arses over a 38 game season.

However, once the correct parts are in play and we are consistently dominating possession and expecting to win games against the lesser teams by more than one goal, Timber and Martinez have already demonstrated they can be a very effective defensive partnership.

Rolaholic

Another ball carrying MF besides Eriksen to play with Casemiro would be nice.

For thar role, I've been slowly falling for Stanislav Lobotka from Napoli.

He'd be a much cheaper alternative to FDJ and he's one of the most press resistant midfielders in Europe currently. Good at dictating tempo and generating chances from deeper positions due to his terrific passing range. He's a quality ball carrier too.

Basically he's like a Slovakian Veratti, both class in that Iniesta mold.

Getting someone like him next to Casemrio with Eriksen/Bruno(Sancho too?) rotating at the 10 would give us arguably the most well balanced midfield in the league.

Lux Thunder

Another ball carrying MF besides Eriksen to play with Casemiro would be nice.

For thar role, I've been slowly falling for Stanislav Lobotka from Napoli.

He'd be a much cheaper alternative to FDJ and he's one of the most press resistant midfielders in Europe currently. Good at dictating tempo and generating chances from deeper positions due to his terrific passing range. He's a quality ball carrier too.

Basically he's like a Slovakian Veratti, both class in that Iniesta mold.

Getting someone like him next to Casemrio with Eriksen/Bruno(Sancho too?) rotating at the 10 would give us arguably the most well balanced midfield in the league.
Probably the best alternative to FDJ, so glad someone mentioned him. Huge fan since his Celta days and I'm glad he is finally more important player in Napoli this season. I remember watching him live against Croatia in a qualification game for Euro 2020, he looked so composed and classy despite playing against a very strong midfield of Brozović and Modrić, with not much of help from teammates that took a day off. Absolutely love Lobotka.

LuckyScout78

Updating:

100 % Ten Hag will go for a offensive and creative cm player in the future. Because Casemiro is a defensive cm player. And Ten Hag and United was chasing FDJ whole summer. FDJ and Casemiro is like day and night. Casemiro offensive ball abilities and creative is no way near FDJ.

Not only United attacking players are not sharp. But the build play of United is really to defend against. Because United cm players most of the time just pass the ball. It make it easy to defend against. United and Ten Hag need Iniesta to beat players in the tight area or Kevin De Bruyne super assist and trought ball skill.

So closest to top and world class level right now out there. Was the chasing one FDJ. Equal good option is Jude Bellingham. If not FDJ. Then Bellingham.

+ Moving on with Ronaldo next summer. Ronaldo is not one of the best CF out there anymore. He has peak it and nowhere near the top level of a CF.
Martial is really good as CF when he is not injury. But he get injury really often. So a new CF is needed.

+ A world class CB. Kim from Napoli

+ Kvicha from Napoli. Wingers and wide players

RB - Kim - Martinez - LB + Antony - Casemiro - FDJ/Bellingham - Kvicha/Rashford + Bruno/Eriksen + Martial/Rashford/A new CF.

4 new players:

+ CM/nr.8
+ CF
+ CB
+ Wingers Kvicha

croadyman

Updating:

100 % Ten Hag will go for a offensive and creative cm player in the future. Because Casemiro is a defensive cm player. And Ten Hag and United was chasing FDJ whole summer. FDJ and Casemiro is like day and night. Casemiro offensive ball abilities and creative is no way near FDJ.

Not only United attacking players are not sharp. But the build play of United is really to defend against. Because United cm players most of the time just pass the ball. It make it easy to defend against. United and Ten Hag need Iniesta to beat players in the tight area or Kevin De Bruyne super assist and trought ball skill.

So closest to top and world class level right now out there. Was the chasing one FDJ. Equal good option is Jude Bellingham. If not FDJ. Then Bellingham.

+ Moving on with Ronaldo next summer. Ronaldo is not one of the best CF out there anymore. He has peak it and nowhere near the top level of a CF.
Martial is really good as CF when he is not injury. But he get injury really often. So a new CF is needed.

+ A world class CB. Kim from Napoli

+ Kvicha from Napoli. Wingers and wide players

RB - Kim - Martinez - LB + Antony - Casemiro - FDJ/Bellingham - Kvicha/Rashford + Bruno/Eriksen + Martial/Rashford/A new CF.

4 new players:

+ CM/nr.8
+ CF
+ CB
+ Wingers Kvicha
Will we get any in January is the question because still unconvinced Erik will get a big enough budget next summer

jesperjaap

A lot of contracts in last year at the moment and still a fair few players doing ok I dont trust, so a lot could change between now and the end of the season.

For me at this moment:

GK: I dont really see a sure fire number one and Im still a fan of DeGea. Think someone to compete with DeGea getting a shorter ontract, maybe three eyars ans sell Henderson, release Heaton

CB: Martinez and Varane look really good, but Vanranes often injured, we have no youngster oming through and can we really rely on Lindelof, Maguire or Bailly. Woudl liek a signing to omopete with Varane. Kin Min-Jae looks like th eplayer we want Maguire to be, but think fee would be big, I really think Bella-Kotchap can be a big player and Timber is a good option, especially as he an play at right back too

RB: WIll Laird ever xome thorugh, will Dalot consistently be as good as the last couple of games and Bissaka is off. I think this is why Timber would be a good signing, other than that Gusto I think an be fabulous but I also think he is still vry raw, especially defensively

CM: I dont believe in Eriksen/Fernandes in the same midfield three over a season, especially a year on. I have never believed in McFred. We have a whole host oy young midfielders comign through. Personally for me get Fred out, never been good enough and sign someone like Enzo Fernandez

CF: Obviously needed. Frustrating as Greenwood should aroudn now be tranisitoning into a fantasti striker. I dont really know who though. Like Omishen, great movement but not sure he is worthy of lofty fees mentioned. Beyong that not seen that much, Gapko I think is one of those Dutch players would be average in another league, same for Jonathan David. This is an area I would like to see a flamboyant South American possibly

So its four or five this summer for me. We needed 8/10 in beginning of this season and got halfway there. We have made progression, still a long way to go but it CAN be done in one window and not the usual "It can be done in one window if we have the balls to sell 10 and buy 6/7".....we are closer squad wise now

Bwuk

I still think we badly need another CM.

Casemiro is superb. Eriksen has his games where he is, but I can't help but feel he'd be better slight further forward.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I still think we badly need another CM.

Casemiro is superb. Eriksen has his games where he is, but I can't help but feel he'd be better slight further forward.
Yeah, maybe most glaring need. But if we have our issues now, imagine where we would be without Martinez. A CB who can handle pressure and play his way up field got to be really high on the list too.

What annoys me a little bit is that these don’t have to be expensive signings. Like we got a really crazy schedule and just brought in a manager that is completely different than the one before him — we don’t have a squad designed to provide ETH with what he needs to meet that challenge.

We already filled one of these holes with Eriksen. Give us another CM like him and the CB equivalent and we look a lot, a lot better then we do right now. But it certainly seem like the guys above ETH don’t quite get this. We should have done more moves last summer, re AWB, but also at least one of Maguire/Lindelof and Fred.

croadyman

Wide forward who can play across front 3 in January AND number 9 in the summer,pick up Tielemans on free and a midfield ball carrier.

bosskeano

we badly need another attacking player, preferably a 9, along with a CM

we add two quality guys to those positions and it'll bridge the gap to competing for the top 2

SAFMUTD

Urgently a striker, and we need back up for the midfield at least one player there, also a back up. RB and RW.

Two windows signing proper players and we'll have an actual squad.

TheRedHearted

We desperately need a CB, varane is constantly out and maguire and lindelof arent enough for backups considering varane’s situation. I would rather recall laird and sign a CB, CF and a CM.

croadyman

We desperately need a CB, varane is constantly out and maguire and lindelof arent enough for backups considering varane’s situation. I would rather recall laird and sign a CB, CF and a CM.
Yeah not against Laird getting chance,absolutely certain we aren't signing anyone in January unless Ronaldo can be fecked off somewhere

Last edited:

croadyman

Yeah Varane needs cover desperately,damn it why can't he stay fit like Saliba is for Arsenal

croadyman

Well looking at today's showing along with other shambolic showings at Brentford we need for squad & first XI (combined)

GK (modern one)
CB cover for Varane
RB cover for Dalot
DM cover for Casemiro
CM cover for Eriksen/Bruno
RW cover for Antony
ST

NoPace

https://www.elnacional.cat/ca/espor...en-hag-trair-florentino-perez_908682_102.html

A little surprised by ETH’s big interest in RW/AMC Brahim Diaz.

I’ve seen him some for AC Milan and he is the type of player you notice and everyone likes, definitely has a ton of similarities with Xherdan Shaqiri. Short, thick, very low center of gravity, tremendously hard to get a hold of for a defender. Nifty dribbler and of course relentless pressing when his team doesn’t have the ball.

Not sure why I am surprised of ETH’s fondness of him, but one thing is that he is the type of winger who basically always centralize his runs with and without the ball, whereas Antony and the likes can both lick the lines as well as invert. Another thing is that — when I’ve seen him — he has played with great intensity which can be great, but ETH wants his players to be a bit more heads up/calculated in their approach. At the same time, I saw a scouting report who mentioned that he had really good patience. Perhaps ETH see him as more of an AMC. But from my POV — there is a bit of a disconnect here between the “scouting report” on Diaz and reality, at least from what I’ve seen. At higher levels Diaz don’t get room and time to be a dominating AMC. His game has when I’ve seen him play AMC, been more of someone who seeks open areas of the field, often the right flank, and then centralize from there. Or he has been a RW to start with. My take on him could be a little off there.

If Diaz is brought in as like a back-up to Antony/Bruno, the more you think about it, he could be a very good fit. His pressing is great. If he comes on the last 10-20 minutes of a game, he will definitely have a field day with and tired defender. Always gives you energy. Left footed, although his right foot is really good. He has schooling from both Real and Manchester City.
My guess is he'd be the backup #10 to Bruno. I don't think he's got the pace to work out wide in Ten Hag's system.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
My guess is he'd be the backup #10 to Bruno. I don't think he's got the pace to work out wide in Ten Hag's system.
Saw that he supposedly has an anti-United clause in his contract after the transfer from City. If he is sold to anyone other than us, the seller gets to keep 100% and if he is sold to us City must get 40%. These clauses survives any transfers, I think, by imposing a party to it to only sell the player if the buyer undertakes to oblige to the clause. So it doesn’t matter if Real keeps him or if AC Milan buys his rights.

BTW, have anyone ever seen a clause like this or a player contract used by like City? I wonder how “tight” these clauses are. It is certainly a challenge for one party, City, to stipulate a clause in a contract between two other parties, AC Milan and Man Utd, without giving the later two any wiggle room to circumvent it. I’ve seen some contracts (not quiet at this level) that were very rudimentary in terms of legal polish.

Does it apply to loans? You can loan a player with the exact same effect as a transfer.

Last edited:

AnotherLondonManc

Saw that he supposedly has an anti-United clause in his contract after the transfer from City. If he is sold to anyone other than us, the seller gets to keep 100% and if he is sold to us City must get 40%. These clauses survives any transfers, I think, by imposing a party to it to only sell the player if the buyer undertakes to oblige to the clause. So it doesn’t matter if Real keeps him or if AC Milan buys his rights.

BTW, have anyone ever seen a clause like this or a player contract used by like City? I wonder how “tight” these clauses are. It is certainly a challenge for one party, City, to stipulate a clause in a contract between two other parties, AC Milan and Man Utd, without giving the later two any wiggle room to circumvent it. I’ve seen some contracts (not quiet at this level) that were very rudimentary in terms of legal polish.

Does it apply to loans? You can loan a player with the exact same effect as a transfer.
I've never heard of a cluse where the sell on fee varies depending on the club that player is later sold to. Normally it's just a flat percentage.

The idea that there would be a clause specific to United seems a little farfetched to me, as city shouldn't really care if the transfer is to us. They would only really care of the transfer was to a rival for the league. Therefore would make more sense if the clause speicified Premier League clubs, not just United.

Also, there is no way that this clause would continue infinitely. A new club buying this player would not have to take on this clause, and would be free to sell to whoever they like. If these sorts of infinite clauses existed, it would effectively promote co-ownership of players. Club X could sell a player to club Y with a perminent sell on clause, and continue to make a percentage off every future sale of that player. Clubs could just offload promising youngsters with this BS clause, and effectively still own a percentage of the player. That would be terrible for football

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
CF - obvious
CM - first choice.
RB - rotation or very good fist choice
AM? - We're struggling there when Bruno is rested (and some would say when he's playing)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Based on what we have coming through the ranks:

A CF - clearly Ronaldo is going and need someone that can pin the CBs a bit or a pressing machine.
A CB - I don't think Maguire and Lindelof have a future here, so we need another CB.
A RB - Clearly need someone to push or rotate with Dalot

Optional:

CM if we don't back any of the kiddies coming through or sell someone like Fred.
GK if we don't renew with De Gea.

MUFC OK

Center Forward and that's Harry Kane.

Replacement for Eriksen, perhaps Maddison.
He could be an excellent addition. He's stepped up this season despite Leicester being poor. 2 years on his contract so could be available for £40m or so in the summer. Assume you mean competition for Eriksen rather than replacing him?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
GK
RB
2 CB to replace Maguire and Lindelof
2 CM to replace Fred and Mctominay
A CF
Wide forwards. At least 2 to go alongside Antony. Rashford and Sancho out.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He could be an excellent addition. He's stepped up this season despite Leicester being poor. 2 years on his contract so could be available for £40m or so in the summer. Assume you mean competition for Eriksen rather than replacing him?
I'm not sold on Eriksen tbh

poleglass red

there's a host of positions I'd strengthen in but our funds aren't endless, so right now if I had to pick 2, it would be centre forward and centre half.if we able to offload some deadwood, I'd use that for a central midfielder

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
there's a host of positions I'd strengthen in but our funds aren't endless, so right now if I had to pick 2, it would be centre forward and centre half.if we able to offload some deadwood, I'd use that for a central midfielder
Similar thinking to myself, but a centre half would require Maguire or Lindelof going. So I think a CF and a RB will likely be the only purchases without a significant sale (I don't really class Ronaldo as a sale, as he will go for nothing).

LuckyScout78

Will we get any in January is the question because still unconvinced Erik will get a big enough budget next summer
Yeah, he will not get as much as he get this summer. And i am not sure FDJ or Bellingham will come or leave theirs club in January . But i am sure Bellingham is not a Dortmund player after next summer.

Erik the Red

Similar thinking to myself, but a centre half would require Maguire or Lindelof going. So I think a CF and a RB will likely be the only purchases without a significant sale (I don't really class Ronaldo as a sale, as he will go for nothing).
If we can bring in Ndicka, and maybe Skriniar, on free transfers, that would justify getting rid of Maguire and perhaps also Lindelof. Pushing Laird into the first team would allow us to spend big on forwards and midfielders (and goalkeeper), where we still need big improvements. If we get transfer fees for AWB, Maguire and Lindelof, it would be a bonus. It appears very obvious that ETH doesn't rate the squad members, and at Ajax he could use a smaller squad as there are less games a season, but in the more physically demanding Premier league we need a squad of at least 23 plus kids to compete.

croadyman

GK
RB
2 CB to replace Maguire and Lindelof
2 CM to replace Fred and Mctominay
A CF
Wide forwards. At least 2 to go alongside Antony. Rashford and Sancho out.
Blimey thought my 7 players needed was a lot,however certainly hard to argue

croadyman

We only have to pick due to those yankees

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we can bring in Ndicka, and maybe Skriniar, on free transfers, that would justify getting rid of Maguire and perhaps also Lindelof. Pushing Laird into the first team would allow us to spend big on forwards and midfielders (and goalkeeper), where we still need big improvements. If we get transfer fees for AWB, Maguire and Lindelof, it would be a bonus. It appears very obvious that ETH doesn't rate the squad members, and at Ajax he could use a smaller squad as there are less games a season, but in the more physically demanding Premier league we need a squad of at least 23 plus kids to compete.
Laird will not be ready next year, he's only just started playing regularly for QPR this season. That is too far of a jump. If we can find a suitable CB on a free, I'd happily funnel those funds elsewhere!