What do you see happening with Gareth Bale?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I see Bale sitting out the rest of his contract on the bench and giving zero f*cks while doing it as he works on his golf game in hopes of one day joining the senior tour...

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If Sancho isn't possible although I think it will happen I would try and screw Madrid for a season long loan for Bale. If he can share half the season with Greenwood I would be well happy with that.

Chief123

He’s going absolutely nowhere.

He actually doesn’t give a shit if he doesn’t play football. He’d rather play golf. That’s his passion. He’s said it before.

He’s basically getting paid £600k a week to play golf and relax. Why would he leave that?

After Madrid screwed him over by not allowing him to go to China, he’s happy to sit on his ass for 2 years. It honestly couldn’t have happened to a nicer club. I hope he shits in the presidents tea when he leaves.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Looks like he's got a pretty sweet setup over there:

(Sorry for sun link)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12359682/gareth-bale-real-madrid-lifestyle-home-cars-golf/

Clearly things could be far worse for him :lol:

Don't see him going anywhere, surely they have to bring him back in to the team next season? No chance any clubs goes near those wages with a 10ft barge pole , can Madrid really just write off £65m in wages over 2 years and just let him rot? All they can do is get him back to form and then try to get rid if they still want to.
Sun can't even go two paragraphs before contradicting themselves.

Leads with

Gareth Bale's home is closer to his favourite golf than to both the Bernabeu and Real Madrid's training ground
Followed by

Bale lives in the exclusive La Finca neighbourhood, home to Madrid's wealthiest.

Boss Zidane is, perhaps unfortunately, a neighbour, team-mates Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema are nearby, while Cristiano Ronaldo used to live there.

Bale's home itself was rented by Real Madrid legend Kaka before he moved on to pastures new.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
New manager and Bale back in the team next season ?

Or Real Madrid write off £60m+ in wages for nothing in the next two seasons ? (+ James as well till end of this season).

Those are the two possibilities as I see it.

Now if only there was a manager out of contract who would seemingly perfectly suit the Real Madrid job?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
your point being?
I would have thought that was obvious. Winston too had a contract and honoured it but is rightly held up as an example of all that is wrong with long, lucrative contracts. Just because you have a contract and see it out doesn't mean you're acting professionally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
New manager and Bale back in the team next season ?

Or Real Madrid write off £60m+ in wages for nothing in the next two seasons ? (+ James as well till end of this season).

Those are the two possibilities as I see it.

Now if only there was a manager out of contract who would seemingly perfectly suit the Real Madrid job?
Why the feck would we even contemplate changing manager

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why the feck would we even contemplate changing manager
Money, need to sell Bale or do something with him + James. Wasted 100m on Hazard and got to pay for Bernabeau renovations with Covid crisis hitting. See what Lim from Valencia said, I posted in liga thread. What they're predicting is quite realistic in my view for all football clubs.

If Zidane won't bring Bale and James in again I think Perez will bring someone in who will.

I like Zidane, at least could go on a high again. Squad is very good and I see Poch as a perfect fit, will work with no money with who you've got and win trophies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I would have thought that was obvious. Winston too had a contract and honoured it but is rightly held up as an example of all that is wrong with long, lucrative contracts. Just because you have a contract and see it out doesn't mean you're acting professionally.
I keep hearing people saying this but I never understand how Bale being unprofessional. Did he refuse to train or refuse to play, did he show up for work late? Or did he not putting the effort in training? He has a legally binding contract and you can't claim he is unprofessional because he refuse to give up the contract. It is the same situation for Ozil in Arsenal and he is within his own right to see out his contract. As long as these players train hard and ready to be pick they are ok in my book.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Money, need to sell Bale or do something with him + James. Wasted 100m on Hazard and got to pay for Bernabeau renovations with Covid crisis hitting. See what Lim from Valencia said, I posted in liga thread. What they're predicting is quite realistic in my view for all football clubs.

If Zidane won't bring Bale and James in again I think Perez will bring someone in who will.

I like Zidane, at least could go on a high again. Squad is very good and I see Poch as a perfect fit, will work with no money with who you've got and win trophies.
So the solution to save money is....throw away more money on managers?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks like he's got a pretty sweet setup over there:

(Sorry for sun link)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12359682/gareth-bale-real-madrid-lifestyle-home-cars-golf/

Clearly things could be far worse for him :lol:

Don't see him going anywhere, surely they have to bring him back in to the team next season? No chance any clubs goes near those wages with a 10ft barge pole , can Madrid really just write off £65m in wages over 2 years and just let him rot? All they can do is get him back to form and then try to get rid if they still want to.
Am i the only one surprised he doesn't just buy the place, rather than pump £120k a year in rent in?

Although I suppose if you're on triple that minimum after tax a week, it's small beans.

Eddy_JukeZ

What in the world are you talking about :lol:

Zidane isn't going anywhere. Who the feck cares about bringing in James and Bale? They're both finished at Real.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s going absolutely nowhere.

He actually doesn’t give a shit if he doesn’t play football. He’d rather play golf. That’s his passion. He’s said it before.

He’s basically getting paid £600k a week to play golf and relax. Why would he leave that?

After Madrid screwed him over by not allowing him to go to China, he’s happy to sit on his ass for 2 years. It honestly couldn’t have happened to a nicer club. I hope he shits in the presidents tea when he leaves.
Exactly.

How many of us stick in some soulless job for button money.

He's paid insane money, has a dream lifestyle, and has achieved loads.
It'd almost be a bigger surprise if he did pack it all in to take a huge cut to go somewhere he had it all to prove again.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I keep hearing people saying this but I never understand how Bale being unprofessional. Did he refuse to train or refuse to play, did he show up for work late? Or did he not putting the effort in training? He has a legally binding contract and you can't claim he is unprofessional because he refuse to give up the contract. It is the same situation for Ozil in Arsenal and he is within his own right to see out his contract. As long as these players train hard and ready to be pick they are ok in my book.
I didn't say he was, just that somebody honouring their contract does not necessarily make them 'professional '.

Chief123

Exactly.

How many of us stick in some soulless job for button money.

He's paid insane money, has a dream lifestyle, and has achieved loads.
It'd almost be a bigger surprise if he did pack it all in to take a huge cut to go somewhere he had it all to prove again.
I actually watched this interview with him today. It’s a fascinating watch. What struck me the most is how incredibly shy and introvert he came across. He’s like a young work experience kid who’s nervous about being in a workplace for the first time.

But you can see from the interview that he just can’t stop thinking and talking about Golf. Football is like a dirty topic which he doesn’t like thinking or talking about. It’s as if he actually hates playing football. There’s absolutely no reason he wont sit on his contract for the next two years and enjoy that lifestyle. And good on him.

Chief123

Am i the only one surprised he doesn't just buy the place, rather than pump £120k a year in rent in?

Although I suppose if you're on triple that minimum after tax a week, it's small beans.
It doesn’t make financial sense buying the place. He plans to move back to Cardiff when he’s stopped playing football.

Even if he rented the place for 10 years, it’s still only £1.2m in rent. The property is worth £6.5m.

Also, he’s on 600k a week. That’s about £2.4m a month. He’s paid for the rent of that for the next 10 years with just two weeks wages. Out of the £2.4m, he’s only paying £10k a month.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't he just go and play at Getafe or somewhere if he loves living in Madrid so much? I'm sure Real Madrid would be happy to loan him out as they'll be plenty more interest in January if he actually looked a quality player again.

I had sympathy with his situation 12 months ago but it all feels such a major waste now for him.

Of course if he's totally lost his desire for football there's no real comeback. Perhaps he'll just retire after the euros next summer or world cup if Wales make it.

Member 101269

Then the problem is the contract not the person.

Of course; was it Bale who pulled the plug on China.

Sadly he’s an easy target rather than pointing to the club and discrepancies in information from the manager

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
It's not sympathy; it's the fact that money does not fix all problems. People need to get this out of their heads. You can absolutely hate being somewhere and still be very well paid; it isn't mutually exclusive.
It very nearly does though. I mean, I'm pretty ok financially and happy enough; but I'd rather be in Bale's position - playing golf in the sun for £600k pw.

Generally, people are happier with more money - the money also makes it worthwhile being somewhere you would ordinarily hate.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Generally, people are happier with more money - the money also makes it worthwhile being somewhere you would ordinarily hate.
Does it really, if you're already a multi-millionaire? He probably really does enjoy himself well enough in his situation. Given that he's won all there is to win and then some, why not taking it easy instead chasing minor sporting glory elsewhere for a fraction of his current salary?

youmeletsfly

Well his club started this when they didn't allowed him to leave. Then Zidane came out and basically shat in his mouth in an interview with the Spanish media. Then Zidane changed his mind 2 weeks later and so on.

It's no wonder he's not arsed to play or leave.

Oldyella

I didn't say he was, just that somebody honouring their contract does not necessarily make them 'professional '.
Surely it's the definition of professional? Despite not being picked hes still training and making himself available.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Except Bogarde is widely accepted to have been totally professional during his Chelsea stint.

The Cat

I know the treatment he had at Madrid was not nice, even Ronaldo got in the bad end of the media sometimes, but refusing to play is something not very professional.
How do you know he has refused to play? I doubt that very much.

Reports are he was told he would not be playing against City so he decided not to travel.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How do you know he has refused to play? I doubt that very much.

Reports are he was told he would not be playing against City so he decided not to travel.
It was not the first time he refused to play or to be used as a sub, it seems. On the other hand it can all be a media speculation, only people inside Madrid will know for sure.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I know the treatment he had at Madrid was not nice, even Ronaldo got in the bad end of the media sometimes, but refusing to play is something not very professional.
Scholes once did it at United. Shit happens, especially when – as you say – the club and fans have consistently treated him like a pariah.

The Cat

It was not the first time he refused to play or to be used as a sub, it seems. On the other hand it can all be a media speculation, only people inside Madrid will know for sure.
So how can you call him a very unprofessional player?

I've seen nothing that suggests anything other than the club and manager have been unprofessional to him.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
In the new unlimited subs advert for BT. He's seriously living the best life, paid a fortune to toss it off on a golf course :lol:

RedNed77

Moving to us on deadline day after a summer of frustration in the transfer market.