What do you see happening with Gareth Bale?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hello Sanchez

He scored 3 goals last season and has a bad attitude. the maximum a player like him deserves is 100k if a loan deal was secured but no fee upfront.
You mean a player that carries a minnow nation deep into a euros tournament or one that scores overhead kicks in champions league finals, that kind of player like him?

he has a bad attitude with Madrid.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Surely Madrid have to at this point? Don't see any club paying a fee considering the wages he'd want... And its in Madrids best interest to just get him out of the club.
They probably have to but I still think part of the problem is his agent's lack of interest in looking for deals.
I hadn't thought about it before but we actually sell players to pay him.
From what is said, Florentino is on some kind of personal crusade against agent commissions and the power they are acquiring.
I don't think they will deal with Barnett in the future anymore, like Mendes or Raiola

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They probably have to but I still think part of the problem is his agent's lack of interest in looking for deals.
From what is said, Florentino is on some kind of personal crusade against agent commissions and the power they are acquiring.
I don't think they will deal with Barnett in the future anymore, like Mendes or Raiola
I mean he's costing you so much money to do nothing (and he's obviously never going to play for you again) you'd probably be better off paying someone £5 mil to have him :D

Stacks

You mean a player that carries a minnow nation deep into a euros tournament or one that scores overhead kicks in champions league finals, that kind of player like him?

he has a bad attitude with Madrid.
Yes. Once upon a fine time Sanchez was actually winning international tournaments beating Messi yet he was still shite for us. I expect Bail to be the same and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

KeanoMagicHat

Bale has had a strange Real Madrid career, big part in big matches but never really that good week-to-week and for a world-record transfer and that wage, that is what he was bought to do. He also seems to be despised by a certain section of Real fans and has been for years even before his bicycle kick goal against Liverpool.

If we actually cares about his football and wants to have a nice end to his career he should do what James Rodriguez is doing and half his wages, maybe go even further, to give him realistic footballing options. Can't blame him given it was Real that paid it to him but It's just a waste of talent what he's doing.

romufc

Bale has had a strange Real Madrid career, big part in big matches but never really that good week-to-week and for a world-record transfer and that wage, that is what he was bought to do. He also seems to be despised by a certain section of Real fans and has been for years even before his bicycle kick goal against Liverpool.

If we actually cares about his football and wants to have a nice end to his career he should do what James Rodriguez is doing and half his wages, maybe go even further, to give him realistic footballing options. Can't blame him given it was Real that paid it to him but It's just a waste of talent what he's doing.
Agreed.

Look at Alexis, he went out got a loan and got the move. Whatever we think of him, he wanted to play football.

Bale wanted to go to China... to get £1m a week, it is clear where his priorities are.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I mean he's costing you so much money to do nothing (and he's obviously never going to play for you again) you'd probably be better off paying someone £5 mil to have him :D
On paper yes, but if that sets a bad precedent, Florentino might prefer to pay the whole contract and have him play golf week in week out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
On paper yes, but if that sets a bad precedent, Florentino might prefer to pay the whole contract and have him play golf week in week out.
I don't think Madrid will pay out Bale's contract. However, I think Madrid would happily let him leave for a nominal fee. Maybe not as low as Barcelona accepted to let Rakitic return to Sevilla, but I'm sure Madrid would be delighted to see the back of him.

I suspect Florentino will try/hope someone will take Bale on loan like Bayern did with James awhile ago. Madrid, like everyone else, has to adjust to the drop in revenue caused by COVID19. Florentino will take no joy in paying Bale hundreds of thousands a week to do little more than make fun of Zidane from the stands.

Exactly. Not just players. Club officials and staff too. Bale is now a drain on Madrid's finances. Every time Madrid weighs up and investment they have to consider the cost of their playing staff, which includes Bale. I am sure Madrid would be delighted to palm him off to someone, anyone, right now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
uh, we would absolutely let him go for free if anyone wanted him. The problem is the wages

Florentino panicked and fecked up last season, that's not gonna happen again though, not now

as for Bale, what @KeanoMagicHat said is true. I would add that, week-to-week, there was little difference in our level of performances or results whether he played or not, and at varous points we were outright better without him. Even in his first season, which was by far his best overall(he was better in the second half of 15/16, but missed a big chunk of the season to injury), he was a luxury player, more of big moments player than a someone who improved the team's overall performances. More of an insurance for those nights when Cristiano was off. And in that light he was exceptional for us

But the price and expectations were of a guy who'd made a serious difference every game, not just in those few when Cristiano didn't

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Well said mate. United fans crying because he chose Madrid over us and then went and won 3 champions leagues in a row there.
Hmm, I don’t think anyone could blame him for choosing Madrid over United at that time. Well, no sane person anyway. But didn’t he choose Spurs over United when leaving Southampton? That was a bit of a weird one and I can see more fans being pissed at that than the Madrid transfer.

clarkydaz

Hmm, I don’t think anyone could blame him for choosing Madrid over United at that time. Well, no sane person anyway. But didn’t he choose Spurs over United when leaving Southampton? That was a bit of a weird one and I can see more fans being pissed at that than the Madrid transfer.
that was a bit weird, supposedly giggs being one of his heroes growing up aswell

DarkLord

How good is his marketability these days? I recall him being a very marketable player when he was in the PL, maybe I was wrong. I'd have expect Levy to buy him back at some point.

Red4Life_#7

Agreed.

Look at Alexis, he went out got a loan and got the move. Whatever we think of him, he wanted to play football.

Bale wanted to go to China... to get £1m a week, it is clear where his priorities are.
Hmmm that's a big assumption, how do you know it wasn't the only concret offer on the table.