What do you see happening with Gareth Bale?

TheReligion

Abusive
https://talksport.com/football/738028/gareth-bale-real-madrid-toni-kroos/

Kroos speaking out about the situation now and the whole thing appears to be coming to a head. Bale"s agent said last week that "he's going nowhere", he won't go on loan and has no desire to leave the club. Zidane wants him gone and won't play him with Bale acting in a bizarre fashion whilst sitting on the bench recently using a face covering as a eye mask whilst pretending to sleep during a game, making binoculars from some bits of tubing and using them to view part of the match and showing zero interest in the title celebrations as he tripped up several of his team mates on the pitch.

31 years old, many niggles and injuries but a great record on paper and should arguably be a Madrid legend given the goals he's scored and the parts he's played in their success. I've always thought he was a fantastic player yet he seems to have lost total interest in football and has no desire to challenge himself or make a move and get back to playing regularly. Such a shame.

£600k a week. What happens with him?

Rake

Don't know what will happen but i hope it doesn't have anything to do with our club...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I expect his footballing career is over bar International games and he'll stay in Madrid for 2 more years collecting tens of millions and retire.

IrishMcD

If the Newcastle takeover goes through, could see them bringing him as a "statement" signing. The Saudis would figure some way to cover his wages without him 'officially' earning the same wages he does at Madrid.
Can't think of any other club who could afford his wages AND would have the desire/need for him.
So as unlikely as it is, I'd say Newcastle might be a possibility.

Benadichi

Supports
Chelsea
I think we’ll see a lot less hair and a lot less football from him! He’d do well to sit on Madrid’s bench and earn that fat kitty of a pay check then head to the America’s to create one last YouTube compilation.

mikey_d

To be fair to him, he did have an agreement to leave the club last year to go and play in china. Madrid told him they would let him go for free just to get his wages off their books, then they turned around and demanded a large transfer fee when bale had agreed to the move. He's been treated terribly by Madrid despite giving so much to that club, this last year or so he's just finally had enough of putting up with it after his failed move. Ultimately if Madrid aren't going to treat their players well then players aren't going to do the same.

Anyway Wales, golf, Madrid....

Nori-

I don't think any club with half a brain cell will approach him on those kinds of wages. At his age he won't even have resale value.

It's either China or a massive wage reduction for him.

If he lowered his demands to say, £150-200k a week id happily have him at United along with Sancho.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Plays golf till his contract expires and collects 600k a week for it, pretty simple really.

Easy money :lol:

Robertd0803

Hopefully he sticks it out in Madrid. They 100% deserve it.
Should have sold him to a club that really wanted to buy him after winning the Europa League a few years ago. But they didnt so boo hoo them.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bale is forcing Madrid to honor their contract. Good on you, Gareth.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Almost identical to the Ozil situation. They'll both just carry on collecting their wages until their contracts expire, at which point they'll either retire from football or try get one last payday.

And it's entirely their right to do so, why should they leave?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The funny thing is that in many or most of the big games this year, Zidane has picked him. Because he knows he’s a big game player. Then he sits him on the bench or stands for months at a time.

Under normal circumstances I’d expect Madrid to give him a settlement of maybe half his remaining contract, and for him to accept a move elsewhere for 200k a week for 3 years, and get a sizeable signing bonus to cover the remaining 20m or so forfeited from his massive current contract. He’s due to make 60M euros from Madrid over the next two years. They’d be mad not to try to reach a payoff agreement for him to leave on a free.

Under normal circumstances I’d say the player will want to move so he can play again while he still has time and fitness left to do so. But in Bale’s case, he’s won everything there is to win, outside of international football, multiple times. What else is there to prove. He’s probably ready to retire tbh. But he’d be nuts to do so when he can earn 60m to live in Madrid, train a few hours a day for 6 days a week, and play golf for two years. What a life.

Skills

Snitch
Almost identical to the Ozil situation. They'll both just carry on collecting their wages until their contracts expire, at which point they'll either retire from football or try get one last payday.

Correct.

Chairman Steve

His defiance to see out his Real contract has pretty much ruled him out any legitimately good team wanting any part of him, unless he agrees to a significant wage drop. Bale can’t have any complaints if he can’t find a taker for him after Real. He can have the money owed to him as per his contract but it comes with a heavy price professionally.

The fecking cliche of ‘he just wants to play football’ does not work on him... It should be ‘he just wants to play golf’ and ‘if he wasn’t in the team or had a day off, he’d be playing golf with his mates’

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Bale is forcing Madrid to honor their contract. Good on you, Gareth.
IIRC He was due to go to China until Madrid blocked the transfer, so don’t blame him for not wanting to play for the team.

Won’t play him but also won’t let him go.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
1. Continue to live the life in Spain until his contract ends
2. America, possibly a marquee Miami FC signing

mu4c_20le

Only a Chinese club could afford him and I think Madrid would literally have to beg him to go after what happened last time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
All that Bale has left to really achieve in his career now is do something with Wales, so while disappointing that he doesn't want to savour every moment of his short career it suits him to stay fit by never playing, living in Spain picking up obscene amounts of money and be ready for when Wales need him

Canuckred64

1. Continue to live the life in Spain until his contract ends
2. America, possibly a marquee Miami FC signing
That's what I think as well. He will be 33 years old but should still be able to play in the MLS, especially since he will have hardly played in a few years.

Jam

I can absolutely see him just sitting out his Madrid contract. He doesn’t seem to have any great desire to keep playing at highest level of club football, he seems more than happy to train, play golf, collect his wage and then turn up for Wales.

And I don’t blame him for that, Madrid have messed him around and he’s won far more than 99.9% of players ever will.

It’s a shame, I’d obviously like to see top level talents playing at top level clubs and prolonging their careers but from his perspective I really don’t blame him.

Then of course I’ll be completely hypocritical when talking about Sánchez.
But then again that’s a completely different situation and Madrid deserve it the cnuts.

Jibbs

He is doing with Madrid what De Gea is going to do with us.

RashyForPM

Quite obvious really. Nothing will happen. Bale will sulk on the bench while earning what most people never will every week, while Zidane will just not play him because he has better, younger and more determined players. Real can afford it too; they’re an institution.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'm glad he's sticking it to that arrogant French shite and bullshit talking Perez, rinse them for everything they're worth. If he's still at the club next season and the chips are down Zidane will turn to him to make a difference.

Champagne Football

He has every right to screw them over seem as they pulled the plug on his £1 million a week China deal at the last second. That looks like dumbest decision in history now.

They're stuck with him. He has stated clearly he's not going out on loan

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

At least this guy has won it all in the club and he did it more than once for each of the major trophies, he was integral for their wins as well. Different to Ozil imo, at least Bale has a much better reason to lose his hunger and just collect the money now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s a shame seeing a great talent waste his prime years like this, but I love seeing Madrid get fecked.

Kinda become the new Winston Bogarde hasn’t he.

I think he’ll sit out 2 years then go to America for a big pay cut, maybe 150-200k a week. Don’t think he’ll fancy China.

RedStarUnited

I always find peoples opinion of this interesting Vs other players who have moved to China for money.

SambaBoy

Don't blame him for doing what he's doing just hope he doesn't come to regret it when he retires. He's in a very lucky position that he gets to fulfill his childhood dreams by playing football, after achieving everything there is to achieve maybe he's fallen out of love with the game and doesn't want the constant strain on his body that his injuries have caused. Madrid haven't treated him too well so don't see the problem with him just sitting back and accepting his wages with the contract he's on. If Zidane needed him, then Bale would put a shift in but if he's constantly left on the bench and made to feel unwanted and he hasn't got a burning ambition to play football, then he may as well live in Madrid, picking up big wages and playing golf.

RoyH1

The anti Madrid salt here seems baffling to me. I'd understand it if was Liverpool or City,.

Enigma_87

You know who
They sack Zidane, Bale regains some form, they give him new 5 years contract, they hire Zidane again.