What do you see happening with Gareth Bale?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It is said that today there was a meeting between José Ángel Sánchez and Barnett and...

There are no offers and I'm afraid Barnett hasn't bothered to look for them either.

romufc

Moving to us on deadline day after a summer of frustration in the transfer market.
I cannot see that happening. There is no way Bale is going to come to United when his favourite hobby is golf.

How often do you think he will be able to play golf in the winter months of Manchester?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Only two options are Madrid playing him again so they get something for his wages, then trying to sell if they still want. Or them paying him £35m a year for him doing nothing, other than golf, till his contract expires in 2022.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It is said that today there was a meeting between José Ángel Sánchez and Barnett and...

There are no offers and I'm afraid Barnett hasn't bothered to look for them either.
Do you seek sympathy?

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Still do not understand why RM stopped his move to China, or signed him on such a crazy contract. They have dug their own hole here.

Maybe I am old fashioned but if someone signs a contract for x amount of time then has a change of heart/mind down the track, you honour that contract, regardless.

RedNed77

I cannot see that happening. There is no way Bale is going to come to United when his favourite hobby is golf.

How often do you think he will be able to play golf in the winter months of Manchester?
Won't matter, he'll be injured anyway so he can go to Portugal and "recuperate" whilst playing golf there.

I wasnt suggesting it was a good idea, just not one that was entirely unpredictable for Ed and the boys.

romufc

Won't matter, he'll be injured anyway so he can go to Portugal and "recuperate" whilst playing golf there.

I wasnt suggesting it was a good idea, just not one that was entirely unpredictable for Ed and the boys.
:lol: :lol: Ofcourse he will be injured.

i get you, yes if that is the case, I can see Ed panicking and picking the phone to everyone to get a last minute deal.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol: It would be good. Some posts saying that he has lost his enthusiasm for football and that he is a stingy perhaps will comfort me
I heard Bale still has a lot of enthusiasm for football and that he is very generous ;)

Suvvernmanc

Bale wants to leave. He says he committed to playing football and would consider playing in the PL again.

Real Madrid are blocking any potential move according to Bale today.

ForeverRed1

Given a interview today which he says he would basically like to leave Madrid and would be open to PL return. Madrid have blocked previous moves. He also talks about how it’s nice to play for Wales as he is appreciated.

would actually love to see him somewhere different.

Lelouch geass

In 2019 United sold 3250000 shirts.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1118294/football-shirt-sales-by-club/#:~:text=In 2018/2019, Manchester United,world at 3,250,000 million units.

The average cost of a shirt is £90.

The first squad of United has around 25 players. So in average each sold 90*3250000/25 = £11700000.

That is 11700000/48 = £243750 per week per player. You may not know but Sanchez top the shirt sales for United and the PL in 2017-2018. Given the mega star status of Bale at least he should be able to pay his £300k a week with his own shirt sales. Even with Covid.

Try to learn something before laughing mate.
Oh and the cost of the S
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1118294/football-shirt-sales-by-club/#:~:text=In 2018/2019, Manchester United,world at 3,250,000 million units.

The first squad of United has around 25 players. So in average each sold 90*3250000/25 = £11700000.

That is 11700000/48 = £243750 per week per player. You may not know but Sanchez top the shirt sales for United and the PL in 2017-2018. Given the mega star status of Bale at least he should be able to pay his £300k a week with his own shirt sales. Even with Covid.

Where is the cost of making the shirt. Nice maths!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Bale wants to leave. He says he committed to playing football and would consider playing in the PL again.

Real Madrid are blocking any potential move according to Bale today.
Exciting statement, but he has to bring an offer, and paying a transfer. That is what he does not say about the supposed blockade.

Although I would already let him go for free by now

Suvvernmanc

Exciting statement, but he has to bring an offer, and paying a transfer. That is what he does not say about the supposed blockade.

I think Real have made a mistake. Rumour was he was ready to head out last season on a free transfer, freeing up his remaining wages on his last years of his contract. Now they have to pay him the money while he trains but not plays. Seems like Real are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Real have made a mistake. Rumour was he was ready to head out last season on a free transfer, freeing up his remaining wages on his last years of his contract. Now they have to pay him the money while he trains but not plays. Seems like Real are cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Yes, possibly, but on the other hand his posture sounded a bit like blackmail.
I'm leaving but for free, and if not I stay.
Imagine that every player who is not required by a coach takes that position.
Many Madridistas think that he has been allowed a lot, and that the club should have stopped him long ago.
In any case,now it´s too late, and with the covid19 for the club it would be a great relief to get rid of his salary. 60 gross for two years, and maybe bring a cheap signing

Gandalf

I don't see where he said he is insisting on being allowed to leave for free, he has just pointed out that it is up to Real Madrid what happens to him. Zidane has been clear that he does not want him and is refusing to play him and so the situation is one the club has created, they had a great opportunity to get out of the horrendous contract that they gave him and cancelled the deal at the last minute so at this point the blame for the situation is theirs and it is upon them to find a solution. He is overpaid but that was the clubs choice, the fact is he is still a far better player than many of those being picked to start ahead of him and so if they are not going to find an exit then it is their choice to pay him for training and golf, he wants to play and could add value but Zidane is too stubborn to back down.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m reading what he said completely differently than what others have read. He couldn’t give a toss, but obviously can’t say that. He is not going to say anything that makes him look bad. Begrudgingly saying he would “look at” any offers is just to avoid saying “I couldn’t care less and won’t be back

I think the final straw was blocking the move to China, now he has given up and just decided to sit on his wage.

Incredibly stupid by Madrid. You can’t pay a player that wage, want rid and then demand a transfer fee. It’s going to cost them a fortune

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
"His hair alone worth 20m."

- Alex but not Ferguson.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Surely Madrid have to at this point? Don't see any club paying a fee considering the wages he'd want... And its in Madrids best interest to just get him out of the club.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

You couldn't be more wrong here.
For a start a shirt is not 90 quid. Closer to 70 but below 70 and even thats totally irrelevant.

United get an annual fee from addidas. Addidas take the lions share of shirt ssle revenue. United get a commission of maybe 10% . Theres no situation where shirts cover wages and transfer fees. Not even close. Its just another revenue stream. Lucrative of course but using it as a reason to talk of paying hundreds of millions in fees and wages is just not correct

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Still do not understand why RM stopped his move to China, or signed him on such a crazy contract. They have dug their own hole here.
I think Balague (= no idea if true) told the following story: Real tried to sell James at the same time. After initially getting no offer at all, there was a rumor that some club is willing to offer up to ~50m for him. Taking this seriously, they thought it would be crazy to allow Bale to leave for free. They thought that they would get at least something for him, when other clubs would be willing to offer so much for James. Yet nobody was willing to pay a transfer fee for Bale and this mysterious offer for James never materialized. So they blocked Bale's transfer because of a non-existing offer for James.

I have no idea if thats true, but it might explain why Real changed their mind in the last second for no good reason. Too greedy and too much pride.

One way or another they fecked up and can only blame themselves for that part. :lol:

Lentwood

I would offer to pay 75% of his wages to take him on loan, no fee. If they turn that down, move on.

A loan would make perfect sense to cover the three forward positions. We can then wait another year for Sancho

drmuji

Didn’t appreciate his attitude when Madrid clearly didn’t want him and we clearly did...spent his peak years being a bit part player for a club who doesn’t want him.

Feck him.
My thoughts exactly. He wanted to be a galactico, then it was his choice. Giggs even called him to bring him at united before him joining Madrid. But he wanted to go to a prat club with even worse fan base and that's what happens. Good for him. He deserves that

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
My thoughts exactly. He wanted to be a galactico, then it was his choice. Giggs even called him to bring him at united before him joining Madrid. But he wanted to go to a prat club with even worse fan base and that's what happens. Good for him. He deserves that
Bale has won 4 Champions Leagues being a big part in at least 3 of them.

He started to be disappointing the same season Ronaldo left imo (2018/19). Reading some of the messages here one would be under the impression he's been a flop, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Stacks

We should try for him on loan if we can’t get Sancho this summer
I wouldn't mind United paying 20 million or so for him.
I would offer to pay 75% of his wages to take him on loan, no fee. If they turn that down, move on.

A loan would make perfect sense to cover the three forward positions. We can then wait another year for Sancho
Hello Sanchez

He scored 3 goals last season and has a bad attitude. the maximum a player like him deserves is 100k if a loan deal was secured but no fee upfront.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bale has won 4 Champions Leagues being a big part in at least 3 of them.

He started to be disappointing the same season Ronaldo left imo (2018/19). Reading some of the messages here one would be under the impression he's been a flop, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
Well said mate. United fans crying because he chose Madrid over us and then went and won 3 champions leagues in a row there.