What does the exit from UCL mean for United?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Its going to affect us financially and morale wise. Hope we pick ourselves up. No one would have guessed this would happen two weeks into the new campaign. When the draws came out, we had one of the easiest draws as well.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its a massive blow. Not in a million years did any of us forsee this when the draw was made.

But it has to be a case of shit happens and the club will move on

RDCR07

Shitty team performances this campaign in Europe. We did not play like the team that reached the finals last season.

gza the genius

At least we don't have to worry about all of our awesome new midfield signings being cup-tied now. I'll take that over the next round of the champions league any day. sarcasm

Ekeke

Might mean we actually pose a challenge to City in the league instead of letting them have it like the last few months

Crustanoid

We played shit throughout the group stage and indeed much of this season. It probably means eventual improvement, so long as we use it as a spur

Lance Uppercut

It means we didn't deserve to go through. We couldn't beat Basel. In two attempts. Think about that.

Name Changed

weso26
Financially it's a big loss. One big positive is that I believe we will have to buy a couple of top class players.

RDCR07

And what do you know, we beat our most ever users online today and by quite a margin.

We're not sitting at the top table, for this season at least.

We have to earn our way back there because our whole campaign has been nowhere near good enough. We were a disgrace to ourselves.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I think just like six years ago this failure to qualify from a poor group will only serve to rejuvenate the team. Trim the shite and sign some real quality.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We deserved feck all from this group. fecking awful performances.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think it will affect us long term but it's another wake up call for us to get our act together in terms of the quality of football we've been playing. We need to up our level of play. It's very poor right now and these are the kinds of results you get when that is the case.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's happened before, but this time we're lucky that there is a Europa League. We're out because for me Vidic's fortunes are symbolic of our luck. Tonight we played well...it's hard to be critical but the goals we gave away were poor.....

Ole'sbodyguard

It means we didn't deserve to go through. We couldn't beat Basel. In two attempts. Think about that.
Spot on!

Over six games the players, the manager and the coaching staff have overall not been good enough. We will bounce back and make a challenge for the title but there are lessons to be learned for everyone here including Fergie who took the teams to complacently in the earlier games. Qualification has been abit to easy these last few years.

Ludens the Red

Got what we deserved in terms of the way we've played in the group, got what we deserved in terms of our general performances since September.
Just a big lump of shiteness right now, it's very rare to have 7/8 players all so badly out of form, it defies logic.
The city defeat has drained the confidence in the side, that is clear as day, we're not Arsenal I don't understand why the mental strength has just fecking evaporated.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Let's not go overboard. There's not a vast clearout required here. Many of us identified left back and cm as issues at the start of the season. I' d maintain that two quality players in those areas would have transformed the team.

Fergie won't just ignore this. He does not want to leave the team on a sour note.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
A wake up call fo Sir Alex for not signing quality players. He should have learnt a lesson when loosing to Barca twice.
No because apparently the way Barcelona made the likes of Park, Valencia and Giggs look like horse shit has no bearing on their actual quality. Park and Giggs twice!!

Giggs gets an exception because he's actually a half decent play maker, but he should be fecking playing in the hole not running the fecking midfield.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
It should mean exit for several underachievers. But this is not the day to say who should stay or go. I'm angry and to frustrated.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
The truth is we were very unlikely to win the CL this year.

In some bizarre way I'd rather go out now because it will give us the impetus to have a better chance of winning it at least once in the next 5 seasons. Which is what we should be aiming for a CL win every 5 years on avg.

RDCR07

Even if we had been placed in a tough group, I just can't accept us not qualifying from the group stages but when we were given this shitty group and still can't qualify is just beyond embarrassing.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It means we are shit. Second in the league by sheer dumb luck. We got steamrolled by City and couldn't manage to beat Basel or Benfica.

Rooney's head is done in because he's a dumbass for England. So he plays like shit for us. The rest of the team is made of the same material as Arsenal players so they break every other game. Then there's the complacency.

The squad needs to be shaken up. Some players need to get themselves sorted or they shouldn't be here come February or August.

We had the easiest group possible and finished 3rd. There are no excuses for that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And what do you know, we beat our most ever users online today and by quite a margin.
No great shock. Football fans are, generally speaking, spastics, who are far quicker to have a good old winge in bad times than really appreciate good ones.

I bet we see a fair few users tonight who've not been on in a while, and the newbies will be hell.

Drifter

American
It means less revenue.And embarrassment for one of the biggest clubs in the world

Devilton

We won't be able to spend the 30+ million on purchasing midfield players and quality strikers that we do year in year out and instead have to look for 'value'.

Neo_Mufc

Worst thing about today, it gives City more of a reason to kick on with the league. I'm not saying I'd preferred for em to stay in it but I'm sure it would have affected their league performances.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
We won't be able to spend the 30+ million on purchasing midfield players and quality strikers that we do year in year out and instead have to look for 'value'.
:nono: We don't buy midfield players. None are good enough to replace current players.

DocRockter

In any other year this would had been a huge catastrophy, but this season the only priority is to stop City and win the league.. Now of course the UCL would had been a good experience for the youngsters like Jones, Smalling, De Gea co. but the only thing that matters is the league.

davisjw

It means we dig deep, buck up, and sell/buy. Wheel and deal! Get 'Arry to consult on our buys.