What exactly is the 'real' problem?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
About Pogba... is not capable of being a Lampard type for United if Mourinho were to free him up?

Granted, Mourinho would need two midfielders capable (and fit enough) to perform like an Essien/Makelele combo.

RoyH1

We no longer have Sir Alex, as simple as that. A undisputed leader. A privileged football mind. Now we have too many cooks in the kitchen and one of them knows nothing about football and should stick to getting us commercial deals.

Not backing Mourinho in the transfer window was criminal. If you don't think your manager is capable of identifying the right talent, then you should fire him. You cannot have it both ways.

tomaldinho1

We no longer have Sir Alex, as simple as that. A undisputed leader. A privileged football mind. Now we have too many cooks in the kitchen and one of them knows nothing about football and should stick to getting us commercial deals.

Not backing Mourinho in the transfer window was criminal. If you don't think your manager is capable of identifying the right talent, then you should fire him. You cannot have it both ways.
Mou is clearly a great football mind but the difference for me is that Gill & SAF worked in complete harmony. At least that is what the public sw, who knows what happens behind closed doors. Woodward has a bit of a power trip, as does Mou and the fact so much of what they do is analysed and twisted publically has created a horrible feeling aroud the club. Bad results are always shit but this has an extra sour taste to it.

Martial

We sold squad players and replaced them with far worse ones instead, and now apparently don't have enough money to buy good ones now the market has gone up.

Never should have sold Evans, Rafael, Chicharito, or even Zaha. But our recruitment has been bordering on incompetent.

Not buying Alderwerald this summer was unforgivable.

red4ever 79

We have a lot of players who are not good enough. Jones, Rojo, Young, Valencia. We have recruited poorly Lindelof, Bailly, Darmian. Add to that we have not recruited for key positions like RW and it's easy to see where a lot of it has gone wrong.

West London White

Supports
Fulham
From the outside looking in there seems to serious flaws when it comes to the footballing side of the organisation.

Mourinho isn't the only one doing a poor job.

Crashoutcassius

Real problem that the fans are perceiving isn't there. The media have made stuff up all summer and have captured the imagination of fans. The club was in crisis before we lost to Brighton and the poor performance served as confirmation. The media have successfully positioned the fans opinions and it is a challenge to change it back, rarely seen in football.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I honestly just think it's two losses in a row and nothing more.

One game they played like shit and rightfully got embarrassed. Nothing more, in to the next one.

The next one came, they played much better, and got punished for errors.

The only way out, is to keep working and play the next game. We'll see how next Sunday goes.
Fair play for remaining levelheaded but I don't see how you can reach the conclusion nothing is going on between Jose, the board and the players. You can't trust everything you read in the press and on Twitter but no-one who has followed us in recent weeks and months can seriously conclude the last two results are a blip and everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet at United.

Real problem that the fans are perceiving isn't there. The media have made stuff up all summer and have captured the imagination of fans. The club was in crisis before we lost to Brighton and the poor performance served as confirmation. The media have successfully positioned the fans opinions and it is a challenge to change it back, rarely seen in football.
Again though, are you contending that the whole thing is a complete media fabrication and that Jose, the board and the players are in fact working in absolute harmony? I respect your desire not to be taken for a ride by the media but I would say it is obvious there are issues going on behind the scenes at United, it's impossible to conclude otherwise.

Infra-red

Many of the players aren't good enough. Our recruitment has been calamitous for years (how many successful post-2009 signings can you name - maybe two?), and we have a manager who is past his peak, wasn't backed by the club in the summer and, to make matters worse, was then publicly undermined by Ed Woodward's ludicrous press briefing. It's a shambles from top to bottom and won't be sorted out by firing Mourinho (even though that is now inevitable).

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Herrera Mata Lingard Jones Rojo Darmain Lindelof are simply not good enough to be starters. When we play one of them fine we can cope but when we play two or more we struggle. We also have no partnership st centre back and the quality is lacking with Smalling being our best of an average bunch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've not been ruthless with the deadwood, should have got rid of 5/6 of the current squad.

We've made errors in signing new players, only a few have actually improved us. Paid out huge money for Sanchez and he's flopping hard, looks completely ordinary.

Main problem is the coach though unfortunately. He's had 2 years to get the team working and we look worse than that we started.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not neccesary to write an essay here, the title is quite self explanatory. When the team plays poorly the result is logically poor (Brigton), but when the team plays good (first half especially against Spurs) the result is still poor. Is it quality alone? Fans have been criticizing the board referring to a 'structural' problem, a gap between the business side and the actual football 'know how'. The money is here, the structure is here, yet five years after the last title, the club has not made a convincing title charge whatsoever. The obvious thing that can be mentioned are;

1. Not enough quality
2. No 'identity'
3. Manager
4. Gap between board and the manager

Feel free to add yours.
This needs an option 5: all of the above.

scholesyboy18

1. We don't play as a team.
2. When a player has the ball, there is nobody turning up as a receiving option, ideally 3 is good, but even 2 should not be bad.
3. Not enough drive or desire to win the match which is shown in the effort that players put.
4. Manager who cannot get along with players and is full of himself.
5. Players making more news off the pitch.
6. Football has moved on and we are completely looking outdated in tactics, transfers , player management.

Most of our players are overrated.
Can Lukkaku receive the ball on the turn, beat a player and score or make a pass ? Can he even hold the ball till others make a run ?
Pogba is too slow on the ball and hardly puts any effort , poor off the ball movement and defending( supposedly our best player ) ?
Our supposedly best defender Smalling can barely make passes or start attack from the back.
We are still stuck with outdated wing-backs in Valencia and Young ( who plays with his head down ).

JohnnyKills

The culture of the club is rotten. Ferguson used to speak about the significance of the ceo to the tea ladies. Nobody at united seems to be pulling in the same direction. We change players and managers and have the exact same issues. The leadership of the club lacks focus, engages in unneccesary pr battles, seems to change approach every few months. The players, for 5 years have lacked motivation regardless of who they are or who our manager is. When theres always somebody to blame theres no accountability.

We need to accept years on the periphery rather than a disjointed grab at getting right back to the top. Woodward should be absolved completely of any role to do with football. He is so out of his depth its untrue. The priorities should be realistic and achievable and build from there. Start with exciting football.
This 100%.

When the owners are pimping the players round the world to sell tractors and potatoes, how can we expect a winning mentality in the squad? They're constantly being bombarded with the message that this is purely a commercial exercise, so surely it's only natural that they go missing when times get tough.

Add to that the fact that we've had two draconian managers, who lack the man-management skills of the previous guy in charge, and the problem is obvious.

RikRuud

No leaders in the team. No real identity. No fixed lineup or formation. Not enough financial backing for the manager (this summer). No one remaining in the team knows what this club is about.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This 100%.

When the owners are pimping the players round the world to sell tractors and potatoes, how can we expect a winning mentality in the squad? They're constantly being bombarded with the message that this is purely a commercial exercise, so surely it's only natural that they go missing when times get tough.

Add to that the fact that we've had two draconian managers, who lack the man-management skills of the previous guy in charge, and the problem is obvious.
On the Juventus tv series you saw players flown out to do appearances for Adidas. At all the top clubs it is a commercial exercise at this point.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
1- on the pitch not good enough back 4
2- off the pitch non football people making football decisions

johanovic

This myth that Jose has not been backed up by the club is nonsense. He has signed Pogba,Lukaku,Fred(needs more time),Matic,Mkhitaryan,Bailly,Lindelof,Dalot(still to play,promising young player),Grant,Sanchez. You could argue that beside Lukaku(still hit and miss though) the rest of his signings have not worked out very well. Pogba,Bailly,Lindelof,Sanchez have had more bad games than good for United. Mkhitaryan did not work out here and for me Matic is very static and slows us down even more in the build up play. Is it the manager not getting the best out of them? Is it the players not being good enough? Or perhaps a mixture of both?

But the big question must be how do we move forward from this point on? Will that be with Mourinho? I do not think so and his method of moaning and being negative does not work. His comments on the tour this summer, acting like a primadonna and complaining about everything is just not right. But some blame has to fall on Woodward also and we look like a ship without a captain and we do not seem to know where we are heading. For me United has always been about attacking football and youth getting a chance. We seem to be signing a lot of players for the same positions and not adressing problems like fullbacks and wide players. Come to think of it we do not have a genuine winger in the squad. Mata,Sanchez are not wingers, Rashford and Martial are strikers but we still play them there and as a result we become easier to defend against as we have no width in our play.

Defence:
I was very happy to see Shaw having a good game yesterday as I belive he has the talent but needs the trust of the manager to shine and at least he is starting well. I look forward to see what Dalot brings to the table. Central defence is a shambles but surely Smalling and Bailly are the best partnership we have at this moment in time. Young and Valencia are surely coming to the end of their playing time here.

Midfield:
In midfield I think the best 3 would be Matic,Pogba(needs to step up or leave) and Pereira as he can pass the ball around. Fred has looked lost to me and Fellaini should not be seen in a United jersey. We lack better passers in midfield and that is there for all to see, we fall apart when pressed and pass backwards all the time. We missed out on a very good player in Jorghino this summer as he would have been ideal in the Dm postion for us.

Wide players/wingers:
Mata,Sanchez,Martial,Lingard,Rashford have not impressed as wide players and stats back that up.

Strikers:
Lukaku,Rashford. Lukaku is not perfect but is by far the best (only?) striker we have. Rashford seems to be lost when playing up front even though he is a striker and he seems to have no belive in him self but I hope he can find his way back.

I thinks it simple, we need to sell a lot of the players we have and face up to that fact. We seem to be sliding further backwards while Liverpool for example seem to be building up a very good squad and doing so step by step with a plan in hand. Some will say that you can not sell a lot of players at the same time but what is the other way? To many of them are just not good enough. Do Jones,Lindelof,Darmian,Young,Valencia,Rojo,Fellaini,Mata,Herrera,Sanchez,Martial have a future at Old Trafford? Would any of these players be in the other big teams in England or Europe? I am not even sure Pogba is going to step up as he seems to think he can decide what games he´s in the mood to play or not. Is Bailly going to cut out those games when his mind is not there? Will Fred be a good signing?

I would like us to target players like:
Sessegnon(winger)
Matthis de Light
Kalidou Koulibaly
Dayot Upamecano
Kieran Tierney
Leon Bailey
Ousmane Dembele
Christian Pulisic
Hirving Lozano
Sergej M Savic
Veratti/Kroos (midfield playmaker)

I also belive that we have to give a chance to Mensah,Tuanzebe,Chong,Gomes,Garner,Greenwood in the near future.

Could our squad perhaps look something like this? Here we have attacking fullbacks, very strong leaders and good footballers in central defence. A playmaker in midfield and pace and trickery on the wings.

De Gea(Peirera)

Dalot De Light Koulibaly Shaw
(Mensah) (Smalling) (Bailly) (Tierney)
(O´connor) (Tuanzebe)

Matic
(Garner)
Pogba Veratti
(Fred) (Gomes)

Pulisic Sessegnon
(Lozano) (Chong)
Lukaku
(Rashford)
(Greenwood)

Minimalist

The real problem is between Mourinho (including his staff) and his players.

I couldn’t give a frig what Woodward and chums get up to. Frankly, those who are fixated on that side of it are just mentally masturbating themselves trying to pretend they understand how a football club works. It can’t just be that miserable git Mourinho. He’s our third manager post-SFA, it can’t possibly be the manager anymore (absolute nonsense). Any club is capable of picking three duds. Especially when it’s really only 2 duds (Fergie picked Moyes).

What I do know is that the manager picks and trains the players. He’s responsible. The players have to execute a good performance - they’re responsible too. Let’s stop being silly looking beyond these two components.

Woodward has provided plenty of cash for our managers. The only thing he’s messed up is hiring the wrong manager three times. He can step aside from footballing related duties for that but he’s not the main issue in the present day.

RikRuud

Won't be long before the snakes amongst the squad start meeting with Ed. When that happens he's gone.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd say the key problem is far too much focus on the short-term and not enough on the long-term and rebuilding a dynasty. Hence all the money sprayed around in attempts to quick-fix and the undue focus on big-names.

To begin with, United need to find a young-ish and talented manager whose preferred style of football fits with the United traditional ethos - i.e. generally quite attacking and entertaining - and to allow them several years (at least), regardless of short-term success or the absence of it, because a new dynasty takes time to build.

This manager needs to have complete control of which players to sell and - within an agreed net-spend budget - which players to try and sign. So I would counsel against appointing a separate Director of Football.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'd say the key problem is far too much focus on the short-term and not enough on the long-term and rebuilding a dynasty. Hence all the money sprayed around in attempts to quick-fix and the undue focus on big-names.

To begin with, United need to find a young-ish and talented manager whose preferred style of football fits with the United traditional ethos - i.e. generally quite attacking and entertaining - and to allow them several years (at least), regardless of short-term success or the absence of it, because a new dynasty takes time to build.

This manager needs to have complete control of which players to sell and - within an agreed net-spend budget - which players to try and sign. So I would counsel against appointing a separate Director of Football.
This sounds all super nice, but can you realistically see a club like United (or Bayern, Real, City, whoever) stick with an unsuccessful coach that long? Not sure that level of patience exists at the top end where so much money is involved.

And secondly, where do you find a coach like this? Any names in mind? If Tottenham were faced with the need of a new manager, who would you like to see come in?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Outside of DDG and Sanchez when he feels like turning up I don't see any real quality players in the United team, I'm still unsure how you guys got second place last season as I don't really think United are that good of a team

Sjaakmeoff

United is rich...very rich. There shouldn't be a player United can't buy. But buying a bunch of players changes nothing as long there is no plan. And that's what's going on for years now. The structure is wrong, there is no philosophy, no identity.

United won't be at the top this year, next year or the year after that.

Appoint a good TD
Get a coach with a (longterm) plan.
Start building.

And maybe(!) then United will have a chance in the PL and CL again.

Be humble or the decline will go on.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
This sounds all super nice, but can you realistically see a club like United (or Bayern, Real, City, whoever) stick with an unsuccessful coach that long? Not sure that level of patience exists at the top end where so much money is involved.

And secondly, where do you find a coach like this? Any names in mind? If Tottenham were faced with the need of a new manager, who would you like to see come in?
None of those clubs are have the problems that United do. And Bayern and Real don't have to play in such a competitive league as the Prem.

The lack of patience at United is precisely the problem I'm pointing too, albeit within the context of first needing to appoint the right manager. Yes, a lot of money is involved … but how much money have United wasted on transfers since Fergie retired? I can't see that a more patient approach is going to cost United any more money than the 'quick-fix' approach has.

As for who the new manager could be. Well, Pochettino would be ideal, but that's a non-starter. At any rate, United need to escape from thinking that they need to appoint a manager with a proven track record of winning trophies.

Eddie Howe is one possibility for United. I'd not be unhappy if he took over if Pochettino were to leave Spurs.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's all mentality at this point. United have plenty of quality in the squad, not as much as City, but still more than 90% of the league. They have enough goals in the squad with Rom, Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard etc. It's just that confidence is very brittle. The first half yesterday was great, but missing that huge chance and going 0-1 down completely shook the team and it went down hill fast from there. That's lack of confidence, plain and simple.

Coincidently Feyenoord is in the same boat. Lost the season opener to promoted De Graafschap and were knocked out of the EL by fecking Trencin losing 4-0 away. This week we were 0-4 up in a tough away game against Heerenveen, all good. 72th minute the score. 85th minute it's suddenly 3-4 and code red. Finally we score 3-5 and it's fine, but that 1-4 completely shook the team. That happens because there's doubt in the teams mind.

United have great players, but these players forgot how great they are. Mou should remind them and if he can't, they need someone who can. Buying a boat load of new players isn't fixing anything imho.

None of those clubs are have the problems that United do. And Bayern and Real don't have to play in such a competitive league as the Prem.

The lack of patience at United is precisely the problem I'm pointing too, albeit within the context of first needing to appoint the right manager. Yes, a lot of money is involved … but how much money have United wasted on transfers since Fergie retired? I can't see that a more patient approach is going to cost United any more money than the 'quick-fix' approach has.

As for who the new manager could be. Well, Pochettino would be ideal, but that's a non-starter. At any rate, United need to escape from thinking that they need to appoint a manager with a proven track record of winning trophies.

Eddie Howe is one possibility for United. I'd not be unhappy if he took over if Pochettino were to leave Spurs.
Me personally I would like us to hire internally I.e McKenna

I like Howe mainly because he has a philosophy and he sticks to it, he plays good football and is good with young players. I don't know if we would go for him but we definitely need someone in the mould of him, poch, Tuchel, Jardim etc

Long Ball

we lack a leader in defence
we don't have proper first choice full backs, hopefully dalot and shaw can do the business soon
we don't have enough energy in midfiled, we lack a Kante, Kieta, or even a Park
we have a left sided player in sanchez who isn't on form and wants to play inside, martial too cuts inside
we have no right wing to start of, should have kept Zaha
we have no back up goal scorer to challenge Lukaka, who is a striker that needs service that he isn't getting, and isn't really of a good enough quality to lead the united front line. no doubting his hunger however
we have a neighbour who has won the lottery and replaces their 911 with a Ferrari because they are bored of it

the only position where we are best in the world is in our goalkeepers

CB
jones - crock
smalling - decent defender but no footballer, he should be a leader by now but isn't
bailly - potential but permacrock like jones, will have a similar career
rojo - good attitude and our only potential nutter/get stuck in type, but lacking in quality

where is our rio/vidic, stam/Johnson or pallister/bruce?

until we have a rock solid partnership at the back the rest of the team cannot be built.

Woodward releases statement saying Jose's choices weren't good enough but would spend 100mil on varane. so he think he knows more than Mourinho. if that money is there why not buy BOTH Maguire and Alderwiereld? because they wont sell shirts, but hey at least it would have stopped us shipping 6 goals in two games. and yes I know its not football manager but it seemed doable

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I doubt there is any one "real problem".

The only one real problem I can see at the moment is Jose. His tactics, throwing of players under the bus and general personality don't just affect the players but he whole club. Time will tell but if things carry on like this why would any new players want to go to Utd at the moment?

Jose lost a bit of respect during his time second time at Chelsea and at the moment those same issues seem to be impacting Utd. He is starting to get a reputation for dressing room problems.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Plenty contribute to the overall problem unfortunately. It will take multiple changes to get things right.

We’ve regressed as a whole the year fergie retired. From top to the youth setup we stagnated and then got left behind.

Poor transfer dealings - even up to Jose’s current ones where the jury is still out - added little to the squad. Woodward signed attainable players Rather than the ones we needed, with Mendes and Raiola taking advantage.

Now after an initial steadying of the ship by Jose, the cracks appearing from this summers lack of activity while still in a rebuild phase.

So it really is a mix of the board/woodie stalling change with their little footballing knowhow, players not good enough or mentality not good enough. Some poor bits by the manager in there too.

Last night showed why we play a more defensive “boring” midfield usually - because of the shitshow we have at the back. We can’t afford to go and try play football against good teams as we just get ripped a part.

Jose as I said is responsible for parts - but last night was a big feck you to a lot of people, especially the board, for not taking what he needs seriously.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think problem is giving too much power to managers. We are still a old school club where we have managers, whereas some of the best clubs have first team coaches.

We changed almost all 11 for Van Gaal who again needed time as we had so many new players and they had to settle. Then when it didn't work, we changed almost all 11 for Jose style.

There is nothing similar in Van Gaal and Jose's style. We need to change the structure by hiring good DoF or someone close to that role, who has clear vision. If you hire Van Gaal for 2 years and it didnt work, at least have some continuity and hire someone who shares some common principles.

Konimey

There is not just one real problem at United, there are lots of them.
1. The current structure of the club is detrimental for football, United needs a proper DOF, not a salesmen CEO in-charge of the whole thing.(Woodward is good at his job in the financial area of the club though).
2. The club's supporters, owners and manager needs to grow a pair and needs to put club above players. I mean catering to prima donnas like Pogba who is clearly not pulling his weight and then being held hostage to thugs like Riaola when they get criticized, SAF would have never stood for that.
3. Relying too much on one player for goals never really bodes well for a team, on top of that on a player like Lukaku who is just very inconsistent. We bought Sanchez to shoulder that burden, but he left his scoring boots at Arsenal.
4. The RW, season after season United needed a RW, yet no manager went to the market to break bank for a RW. United's attacks all come majorly from the left, making it lopsided. The right is no threat at all, Mata comes inside congesting the play and Valencia forgot how to cross.
5. The defense is wobbly, has always been. We are extremely lucky to have Dave and his god mode to keep clean sheets or concede less goals. Otherwise 60 to 70% of Dave's saves these past seasons would have been conceded by any keeper in the PL. In short Dave made our defense look good on paper.
6. The current crop of players at United seems to be mentally weak, they can't take criticisms well, crumble under pressure or just give up when the going gets tough. They seem to be more interested in social media than football.
7. 3 seasons at United and Jose still does not seem to know his best 11 yet. Forget best 11, he doesn't seem to know which formation works or his best CB pairing. What goes on during training or team meetings is just a big mystery.
8. Playing for United seems to be a burden for these players. The name Manchester United, the badge seems heavy for these players to carry. On top of that the extra media scrutiny on the club because it is Manchester United seems to put unnecessary pressure on these players who already seem to crack under pressure.

All in all nothing seems to be going right for United at the moment, just hope that this phase passes by sooner than later.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
The club could do with a non-past it manager. All top clubs in Europe go for managers that are either in their prime or promising. Only United is going for the has beens.

Signings haven’t been good but maybe a capable manager can solve that

Reddy Rederson

In the great words of Morpheus, 'there is no spoon.'. What exactly are our problems that havent started in the media? Jose plays shit football says the media, so he plays good attacking football. Media response, 'why are you taking chances like that?'. Media talks shit about the club, the players, the fans all week. Jose comes in to the presser having read all of that, and the press cant understand why he might hate them? No, its Jose being unreasonable. The fact we see him during the game laughing and smiling with the opposition manager, and then see him utterly disgusted having to sit in front of shit stirrers and have to answer shit stirring questions says it all.

The problems at the club have been here since before Jose got here, so I dont see how it can be his fault. We've needed new players for years, and while jose might have got us some under performers, hes at least trying to fix it and not just sticking with the guys hes brought in to save face. He knows they arent good enough, and he was trying to get cover for that defence. We attacked quite nicely last night. It was fun to watch, until for a second week in a row our defence fell apart after going down a goal and almost right away conceded another.

Maybe Jose does need to go, or maybe he doesnt. But one thing is for sure, Ed needs to go. He was told our defence wasnt good enough and he still refused to shore it up. Hes been in his position since SAF left and hes the one thing thats remained true under three under performing managers. He brought Moyes in, fecked up the transfers, and then fired him in the press. He brought LVG in, brought in a flare player that was never going to work in an LVG set up, and who never wanted to be here anyway, and then fired him after winning the FA cup. He brought Jose in, even though a large part of the criticism of LVG was the defensive nature of his style of play. Its like giving someone a pepsi because they dont like coke. Now hes giving Jose a new contract, and then followed that up by not only refusing to back him with the players he needs but also talking shit to the press, and making stupid photo ops for the media by sitting in the stands making weird faces he knows will be used against Jose and the club. All this shit show media, is whats destabilising us. The constant horse shit about player fallout, lost dressing rooms, pressers meltdown, third year, blah blah blah. Rashford the youngster sitting reading the news, and he starts thinking 'should I be playing more?', Pogba, 'should I be getting paid more?' Martial, 'is Jose treating me like shit no matter what I do?'.

Take all the media shit out of it and you have a team that last night went to town on spurs and played very well, but were ultimately let down by silly defensive mistakes and not being clinical in front of goal. Last night is what all the moaners have been asking for, attacking football. We didnt take our chances, and we paid for it. That happens to everyone at some point, and it will happen again to everyone at some point. Whether you like Jose or not, the media is the first problem. They have been screwing us since SAF left, and we've let them. The destabilization starts there.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Agreed for the most part. I think a DoF has it's benefits. I'd like a DoF and a young talented manager to be hired together, and they can forge a partnership that yields results on and off the pitch.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In the great words of Morpheus, 'there is no spoon.'. What exactly are our problems that havent started in the media? Jose plays shit football says the media, so he plays good attacking football. Media response, 'why are you taking chances like that?'. Media talks shit about the club, the players, the fans all week. Jose comes in to the presser having read all of that, and the press cant understand why he might hate them? No, its Jose being unreasonable. The fact we see him during the game laughing and smiling with the opposition manager, and then see him utterly disgusted having to sit in front of shit stirrers and have to answer shit stirring questions says it all.

The problems at the club have been here since before Jose got here, so I dont see how it can be his fault. We've needed new players for years, and while jose might have got us some under performers, hes at least trying to fix it and not just sticking with the guys hes brought in to save face. He knows they arent good enough, and he was trying to get cover for that defence. We attacked quite nicely last night. It was fun to watch, until for a second week in a row our defence fell apart after going down a goal and almost right away conceded another.

Maybe Jose does need to go, or maybe he doesnt. But one thing is for sure, Ed needs to go. He was told our defence wasnt good enough and he still refused to shore it up. Hes been in his position since SAF left and hes the one thing thats remained true under three under performing managers. He brought Moyes in, fecked up the transfers, and then fired him in the press. He brought LVG in, brought in a flare player that was never going to work in an LVG set up, and who never wanted to be here anyway, and then fired him after winning the FA cup. He brought Jose in, even though a large part of the criticism of LVG was the defensive nature of his style of play. Its like giving someone a pepsi because they dont like coke. Now hes giving Jose a new contract, and then followed that up by not only refusing to back him with the players he needs but also talking shit to the press, and making stupid photo ops for the media by sitting in the stands making weird faces he knows will be used against Jose and the club. All this shit show media, is whats destabilising us. The constant horse shit about player fallout, lost dressing rooms, pressers meltdown, third year, blah blah blah. Rashford the youngster sitting reading the news, and he starts thinking 'should I be playing more?', Pogba, 'should I be getting paid more?' Martial, 'is Jose treating me like shit no matter what I do?'.

Take all the media shit out of it and you have a team that last night went to town on spurs and played very well, but were ultimately let down by silly defensive mistakes and not being clinical in front of goal. Last night is what all the moaners have been asking for, attacking football. We didnt take our chances, and we paid for it. That happens to everyone at some point, and it will happen again to everyone at some point. Whether you like Jose or not, the media is the first problem. They have been screwing us since SAF left, and we've let them. The destabilization starts there.
Media are reactionary, they write articles based on what United does on the pitch, not the other way around. The day the media are silent about United under performing is the day United ceases to be a top club. The record league champion and biggest club in the country falling of their perch is big news. It's not personal, it's just journalism.

Saying the media are the root of all problems makes you sound like Donald Trump to be frank.