What excuse do we have ?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Young Boys, West Hams B team and a weakened Villa.

Edit: Add Leicester and the scousers.

Last edited:

Meller

Excuse? We have an awful manager. As far as excuses go it's a pretty good one.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Young Boys, West Hams B team and a weakened Villa.
We only brought Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo this summer. Surely we can agree that we have set him to fail

OneUnited24

I’ve never been ole out but this team should be doing a lot better than what I saw today. Sure we had some good chances but our overall play is something else. So poor in transition can’t hold onto anything the second players are pressured. Just a poor poor showing. One that the manager had to be accountable for

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Just to think of a few I expect to hear from people...

Chelsea lost at home too
Penalty miss killed us
SAF lost many home games he should've won
We were denied at least 2 stonewall penalties
It's not Ole's fault Greenwood missed easy chances
City and Chelsea have unlimited funding, we can't be expected to compete with them

pablo__p

They didn't score early enough.

Game wasn't on TV in the UK.

Knackered after the carabao battle.

Raw

Should have scored from the 2-3 chances we made of course.

Also another £200m should so it. Get in Rice and Haaland so they can experience scraping crap wins and losing at home.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo comes and scores all the goals but you don't end up a better unit, while Man City 'without a striker' beat Chelsea away. Basically United aren't any better than they were as a team because there's a lack of pace to stretch the game in attack and the midfield is still very limited. Ronaldo signing was fan service more than what was really needed. And it's no reflection on Ronaldo, because he's doing his part of the deal to the best of his ability, it's just that he wasn't really needed.

stw2022

In no particular order:

We can point out Ferguson also lost games.

We can pretend how we played was a one off

We can point to finishing second last year and hope that nobody points out this was due to the total collapse of all other rivals

We can accuse anyone who suggests something needs to change isn't a real fan until all our mates turn up in a thread to agree with us.

...I think that covers it.

Betson

It is one thing we never run of at this club , that is excuse after excuse.

Maybe if we throw another few hundred million at it we might be able to beat the likes of Villa at home.

roonaldo78

It is a blessing in disguise, we are saving it all for the champions league.

Andersons Dietician

Venus enters Sagittarius today that I think we all know means that due to the shift in its orbit, it would cause different Geo-magnetic fields on the pitch of OT meaning really we were always fighting a losing battle.

izec

I blame the toxic fanbase and the tea lady.

Not Ole, we should never question him. He is our saviour and Fergie 2.0

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
oleball is literally a coin flip every game.

Tarrou

I don't think there are any, it's just not good enough

it's hard to dominate a football match with McFred but the manager has had more than enough opportunities to fix that - he chose not to

Red Star One

Our starting XI was not in match rhythm after missing the game mid week

On paper we had many shots against all those inferior teams we lost, so in a long run Ole will be winning 100% of those games

Mourinho was a mug and therefore we can’t change our manager anymore

we are not a plastic team that cares about irrelevant competitions, Premier League and Champions League we are still not there to compete, domestic cups are below us, so finishing trophyless is the only decent thing to do

our players seem happy and in the media they don’t criticize our manager, so there surely is a winning spirit in the team

Ole winning his first trophy as a manager in his career is much more important than success of the club

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I believe this belongs here

Two freak injuries to two key players leading to them being substituted; a Villa goal from a corner which wasnt a corner; a penaty denied when Maguire was fouled; Bruno missing the target like he did from a penalty and numerous near misses from Greenwood, Pogba and Bruno. All that and too many players not on song, giving the ball away, miscontrolling it etc. How can any manager be blamed after a match like that?

shahzy

I can't believe you lot expect Ole to compete without the club backing him properly and getting Mbappe, Haaland, Messi, Verratti, Ramos, prime Xavi and Iniesta, Scholes, Zidane

LoneStar

Apparently we needed a 100M CDM and Trippier, in addition to Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane to beat the likes of Aston Villa at home.

I'm really curious what people will say when we sign a CDM next season. Maybe the GK? Idk. Next season is our season.

croadyman

Will do this TOTP's style so in this week at

5 - Shouldn't have been a corner/offside
4 - Villa players swarming Bruno before penalty
3 - Luke injury
2 - Harry injury
1 - no DM

croadyman

Our starting XI was not in match rhythm after missing the game mid week

On paper we had many shots against all those inferior teams we lost, so in a long run Ole will be winning 100% of those games

Mourinho was a mug and therefore we can’t change our manager anymore

we are not a plastic team that cares about irrelevant competitions, Premier League and Champions League we are still not there to compete, domestic cups are below us, so finishing trophyless is the only decent thing to do

our players seem happy and in the media they don’t criticize our manager, so there surely is a winning spirit in the team

Ole winning his first trophy as a manager in his career is much more important than success of the club
Course the non born winners won't criticise him