What excuse do we have ?

The Purley King

I don't think there are any, it's just not good enough

it's hard to dominate a football match with McFred but the manager has had more than enough opportunities to fix that - he chose not to
Agree 100%
This is Ole’s midfield now.
If it’s not good enough it’s on him

croadyman

In no particular order:

We can point out Ferguson also lost games.

We can pretend how we played was a one off

We can point to finishing second last year and hope that nobody points out this was due to the total collapse of all other rivals

We can accuse anyone who suggests something needs to change isn't a real fan until all our mates turn up in a thread to agree with us.

...I think that covers it.
That is easily the most popular one rolled out by Ole's cult followers

PoTMS

Has anyone seen the normally so smug @Wumminator crawl out of his hole yet? He's always so quick to jump on those whose cast doubt on Ole's ability to manage us. He's literally the United @GlastonSpur.

The most Ole thing really has to be… spending the past 2 years living off the “we need a right winger “ thing. Finally signing a right winger and then playing a CF on the Right and CM on the left.

croadyman

I don't think there are any, it's just not good enough

it's hard to dominate a football match with McFred but the manager has had more than enough opportunities to fix that - he chose not to
Yeah you just know a tactically smart manager would split them up in a heartbeat

GMoore23

None whatsoever
With the squad we now have, the whole coaching division should be held accountable for our current form.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Atalanta B-Team ripping us to shreds.

No artificial pitch excuse available today.

pacifictheme

The only defence I can muster is we have missed some absolute sitters towards the end of that half. It could easily be 2 each.

In general I've got nothing.

AndySmith1990

There are no excuses. We're managed and coached by amateurs who haven't got a drop of creativity, ingenuity or original thought between them. The lot of them probably download plug 'n play tactics when playing FM.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I believe this belongs here.

Since Ole-inners are probably having even tougher time than the rest of us, I prepared a list of excuses for Ole/reasons for him to stay for them so that they can pick and choose them freely:

1. If Bruno scored the first chance we would win.
2. We were just unlucky and did not finish chances but Liverpool did.
3. Players let Ole down.
4. Fergie lost 1-6 and 0-5 two times. See, Ole is just like him.
5. Fergie was also not as good tactically as in other field. See, Ole is just like him.
6. We persisted with Fergie and hit jackpot - might hit it again. Because Ole is just like him.
7. Ole did wonders to finish 2nd with such a shit squad. Also, he assembled a great squad.
8. Only 3 points from top4 after just 9 games. No reason to panic.
9. Ole assembled a great squad, identifying Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani and Sancho was a stroke of genius. But shame that board forced the likes of VdB on him.
10. Ole himself cleared a lot of deadwood. Shame the board fought against him and extended Grant, Mata, Jones, Pereira and Bailly contracts.
11. We are top of the group in CL.
12. Great comebacks! Would have done one against Liverpool if not for Ronaldo's offside.
13. A caretaker would only make things worse. If he does not have "United DNA" of course.
14. Changing the mangers is only United Way if an existing manager does not have United DNA and the new one does. Since Ole does have it, no reason to change.
14. Ole plays lots of young players in a united way. Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood and Greenwood! And also Amad played once.
15. Ole did great against big teams two years ago.
16. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City were in perpetual crisis over the last many years. This year Ole was ready to take the title but very unluckily they all started to be great all at once. He cannot be expected to compete with them.
17. Varane was injured. Ole spent only 130m on the remaining defense. So he cannot be held accountable for defense performances. Have you seen Pep's spending on defense?!
18. The atmosphere is great, the boyzzz are buzzing. No other coach could possibly replicate it, even if he wins trophies.
19. Klopp also started slowly at Liverpool. It is a process, a transition. It is not finished, we went too far to break it. Ole needs another 3-4 world class players before he can be judged.
20. Ole cannot be expected to make top4 let alone challenge the title without signing a DM. It is obvious that the board banned him from doing so over the last 3 years.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We’ve spent more than Liverpool, have a higher wage bill, and probably simply in player quality have a better 11.

They are just a better run club, with probably the joint best manager in world football.

While our squad is unbalanced and makes panic signings based on social media likes, they spend years picking players and building a squad.