Valencia------Lindelöf----Rojo---------Young
-------------Herrera-----McTominay---------
--------------------Pereira-------------------
-------------Mata------------Lingard----------
-------------------Rashford-------------------

Reserve: J.Pereira, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, A.Gomes

Out: Darmian, Blind, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini

James Peril

1. Alderweirald- we need him, we have no centre back even close to elite/world class level , he is the best in the PL

2. Sandro

3. Thiago Alacantra

4. Dybala
I know we would never get these 4 but I just want Toby mre than anyone
Eric Bailly had taken the Premier League with ease and is quite comfortably at an elite level, or at the very least very close as you put it. Alderweireld would be a good buy, although his injuries seem to build up every season.

Zlatattack

In all seriousness

Sandro - Left back is a weak position for us. We need the best solution money can buy. Sandro is a complete fullback.

Alderweireld - PL proven and world class. No brainer.

Mahrez - We're impotent on the right hand side. Valencia defends okay and runs with the ball but provides no real attacking threat. Mahrez can cut in, go wide, take players on, has proven it for a couple of seasons now. He'd also get rid of the predictability we suffer from.

World Class CM - This needs to be the signing we break the bank for. Get in someone that can link up play and support Matic, allowing us to give Pogba a more attacking role. I didn't want to put down Veratti or Kroos because i think they're both unatainable, but someone of that calibre is what we should be aiming at.

We could also do with a RB, but it's unlikely to happen this summer.

I am a big fan of getting young talent (Tierney or Sessengon), People have mentioned De ligt recently who is also a great prospect, but we don't have the wave of success required to take such risks. If you have a winning established side, you can bring in young players and groom them - right now i think the pressure is too high for us to do that.

I do think we need these type of players in our squad, but we need to have a clear out of our current squad players before talent like this can be bought in to fight for a first team spot. At Manchester United nobody should be guarunteed a first team spot, our "second string" should try and incorperate as many "first team alternatives" as possible. We have that in 3 positions, goalkeeper, striker and left wing, we should try for a few more.

SAFTHEGREAT

If we believe what we read and Mourinho is looking at bringing in 4 players who would you go for.

Mine would be:-

Sandro
Umtiti
Savic
Leon Bailey
WOW! These 4 players will properly slot into the team and i think we can hit levels that City did this season. All 4 consistent performers and have been so good in the recent past. Sandro is key for Juve, Umtiti is world class and i hear Jose has personally requested for his transfer and United are ready to pay the release clause but i have a feeling he's a clever player and is fantastic for Barca and should not leave. Milinkovic Savic is the perfect partner for Pogba in a free number 8 role and can do wonders in that place and keep things calm with the ball. Finally, Leon Bailey, the man from Bayer Leverkusen. He has been a fantastic player on both wings but i again think he can play on both the wings and is a left footer, which can be a confusion for Jose again. Maybe we should try and get Bale or Mahrez for the next 2-3 years to be safer and confirm the RW for one player (consistency).

bucky

LB: Alex Sandro
DM: Rodrigo
CM: NDombele
RB: Mukiele

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Alex Sandro
Alderweireld
Meunier
Milinkovic Savic

Strengthening the defence as well as helping us in the offensive set up. Two wing backs who love to get forward.

The midfield one is still up for debate. I like Savic from what I've seen for him, but he's going to cost an absolute bomb and here's question marks on whether he represents the value of the transfer fee he's rumoured to be worth.

If we get priced out of that one, I'd go for Kovacic.

Nickosaur

A left back (Alex Sandro ideally, if not Tierney)
A CB (Umtiti ideally, if not Alderwiereld)
Defensive mid (Jorginho/Fabinho)
Box to Box mid (Fred/SMS)

edit - and if I could make it 5, it would be a RB.

I really don't think we need another forward. Strengthen the defence and the midfield and the attack will improve, we have the personnel.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Alex Sandro
Davinson Sanchez
Vidal
Dybala/Pulisic/Forsberg

yo@Kirk

Alex Sandro LB
Fabinho CM(R), CM(D)
Mateo Kovacic CM(R), CM(L), AM(C)
Nabil Fekir AM(C), AM(R), FW(R)

Sandro is an easy choice as he's on nearly every list. Fabinho can play central midfield with Matic in a midfield 2 or in place of Matic in a midfield 3. Kovacic and Fekir are very good passers and dribblers, which are useful attributes in Mourinho's multiple midfield and attacking setups. I would categorize all 4 of these players as reasonably available. I don't believe United will buy a CB because Rojo was extended, it's too soon to give up on Lindelof, and Tuanzebe will earn playing time. I think TFM will surprise at RB after getting a good run in preseason.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Alderweireld
Sessegnon/Tierney/Fit Luke Shaw
World class midfielder - don't follow all the leagues in the world, like it seems most on here does, so no idea.
Mahrez for RW.

beingshe7don

We need two midfielders for sure.

At the moment,
Pogba, Herrera, Matic, McTominay, Fellaini, Carrick

Carrick & Fellaini are most likely leaving.
Herrera could possibley be sold as well leaving Pogba, Matic, McTominay

I would get
Fabinho
Jorginho
Isco (as a RF)
Tierney/ Sessagnon

We need two strong (in terms of quality) midfielders to help Pogba deliver his masterclass

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Alderweireld
Sessegnon/Tierney/Fit Luke Shaw
World class midfielder - don't follow all the leagues in the world, like it seems most on here does, so no idea.
Mahrez for RW.
All day long

Luke1989

I'd like to see Messi come but it ain't going to happen. We all like to think we're playing fifa and say go for him or him but in reality targets are limited. Umtiti is playing us for a better deal at Barca. We're not getting any Real players unless De Gea goes the other way, so, Kroos, Varane, Bale are out of the picture in my opinion. Can't see Spurs letting Alderweireld go to us.

In terms of what we need: LB, RB, CB? CM. But I think Mourinho might consider a move for a RB at a later window.

CB: Do we need one? Lindelof hasn't played too many games this year and that's with injury prone players like Bailly and Rojo and Jones in the squad. He's still not featured as a first team regular. Maybe the answer is to play Lindelof more? I say this as I don't see the point in signing a CB and hardly giving them the opportunity to really show what they can do. Let him have a season to settle in and then make him a regular starter next season. In any event if we go for a CB, I think we should go for Milan Skriniar of Inter Milan. He's a monster.

LB: I'd go for Keiran Tierney. I think Mourinho will want more of a finished product and probably go for someone like Alex Sandro or Ghoulam.

CM: Depends on what type of midfielder you want. Fabinho, Seri, Jorginho all very different types of players. I'd go for Jorginho. For some reason I think Seri could be the one Mourinho goes for. I know he's said in the past that he doesn't see himself playing in a cold country but I just think he'll be the one Mourinho would prefer over the others. He's a pure athlete. Up and down, up and down and can play.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho tries to bring Willian in from Chelsea. The way it's looking he won't be playing champion's league and him and Mourinho have a good relationship. He's one of Mourinho's 'generals'. Wouldn't be surprised.

Champagne Football

Realisticish targets as I don't think the likes of Umtiti, Alderweireld, Sessegnon will be coming

Bale
Milinkovic-Savic
Tierney
Boateng

Manutd1990

1 gouhlam, great attacking fullback, not sure since His injury though, 2 Fabinho, versitile, great player, 3 Mateo Kovacic, extreamly underarter, midfielder who can do sevral Jobs in midfield,4 Nabil Fekir. Fantastic dribbler, moves the ball quickley.

Trizy

In -
Alex Sandro (50m)
Toby Alderweireld (40m)
Marco Verratti (90m?)
Thomas Meunier (40m?)
Leon Bailey (60m?)

Out -
Smalling - 25m
Darmian - 15m
Young - Wages
Carrick - Wages
Blind - 15m
Fellaini - Wages
Shaw - 20m

Wishful thinking. Budget - 205m :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would depend on the budget and how realistic the targets are. So taking that criteria into account:

In:
Sandro

Aldeweireld

Thiago/Kroos/Saul (someone of that quality, who we might be able to get)

Willian
(we need a first choice RW but I'm struggling to think of any type of proven quality out there - maybe Mahrez? - Bale/Robben too old/expensive/injury prone. Malcolm/Bailly, littered with potential, but might both be too young and give us more of the Martial/Rashford dilemma/inconsistencies and if we get a RW - what happens to Martial/Rashford's development, assuming it means Sanchez on the LW, with Pogba in a midfield 3?)

Out:
Carrick (retired)
Zlatan (gone)
Shaw (not working out)
2 of Smalling/Jones/Rojo (and keep Axel - otherwise loan him again)
Blind
Darmian
Fellaini
Mata (time's up, especially if we sign a RW)

Also, here's hoping Valencia can give us 1 more quality season, with TFM as backup. Retain Young as the backup LB.

Champagne Football

Not sure I share the same enthusiasm that Daniel Levy will sell us Alderweireld in the summer when he is not under pressure to sell until 2019 when he will have a buy-out clause activated. Umtiti is apparently on the verge of signing a new contract with Barca. Not sure Real are selling Varane either. Boateng, Papastathopoulos, Kostas Manolas all probably more likely

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
By the way I tend to agree, but I do think its interesting that most people goe for defensive and midfield options over attackers, even though our attacking football has been of concern.

I would like to see:

Sandro/Tierny
Aldeweireld
Jorginho
Seri

However I really do think we need a solution for RW, personally I would deploy Sanchez there but if Jose doens't intend to do so then he needs to go shopping.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not getting too giddy, I think all of these guys might be open for a new challenge and could possibly be attainable for the right money (Umtiti I don't believe is even remotely considering leaving Barcelona)

LB - Sandro or Alaba
CB - Varane or Koulibaly
CM - Verratti or Fabinho (Could even play RB)
CM - Savic or Kessie

I'm also intrigued by Doucoure.
He's had a fantastic season at Watford, could he step up a level at United, possibly he could.
Might be a master stroke...!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My 4 new signings in a formation

---------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Bailly--Aldeweireld--Sandro
---------------Matic--------------
----Pogba---------------Jorginho----
Bale-----------Lukaku-----------Sanchez

Initially had Jorginho as the deepest in midfield

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
This is what I would do in terms of picking four players to come to United, whilst also trying to be realistic in terms of transfer expenditure.

RB - Odriozola (23 in December; good age-profile - £40m)
LB - Tierney (21 in June ; good age-profile again, but might need some time to adjust - £30m)
CDM - Jorginho (27 in December, which is relatively young given the position he plays in; would probably take a season to adjust though, and is not the type of player who thrives in a Mourinho side - £60m)
RW - Cengiz Under (21 in July; should be rotated gradually into the side, and seems to be something of a relatively high-ceiling player - £45m + Daley Blind)

That would come to £175m altogether; if the club would allow a net spend of £150m, then you would have to sell £25m worth of players (Which shouldn't be too hard).

Ideally, we also need to buy a Box-to Box CM in the mould of Vidal (Not Vidal however; too old), as a hypothetical three-man midfield involving Pogba and Jorginho would need someone like him in order to make the midfield more robust. Age-wise and quality-wise, I would say that Saul Niguez fits the bill; however, he would likely cost upwards of £80m, which makes the transfer unlikely given the club's probable self-imposed limit on net spend.