What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think we'll do more then 4, even though it's a short window with a world cup to distract. 6 would be ideal (accounting for outgoings)
  1. Jorginho
  2. Tierney
  3. Odriozola (or any right back to long term replace valencia)
  4. Bailey (for right wing) or Sessegnon if Mourinho thinks he can mold him into a right winger. 3rd choice would be Douglas Costa to play that wing.
  5. 2nd midfielder
  6. Possibly a center back
Outgoings:
  1. Darmian
  2. Blind
  3. Fellaini
  4. Carrick
  5. Shaw
  6. Pereira
  7. Rojo (one of the CB's have to go, Smalling won't as he's somewhat reliable, Bailly definitely won't, lindelof is new signing still, Jones has the english thing going for him and Mourinho likes him when he's fit... Rojo is always injured and liability when fit anyway)
Squad:
GK: De Gea, Romero, Pereira
RB: Odriozola, Valencia, TFM
CB: Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Tuanzebe
LB: Tierney, Young, Sessegnon (when needed)
CM: Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Jorginho, 2nd midfielder, Mctominay
Wings/CAM: Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Sessegnon/Bailey
St: Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez

With the lineups will use, our attack just needs someone to be first choice and reliable on the right wing IMO, Bailey would suit that well. Our depth would then have rashford, martial, lingard and mata as the back up 4. Midfield of pogba, jorginho and Matic would work well, with herrera rotating in there, though if we get a 2nd midfielder on top of that then McTominay will be loaned as it would be overkill. Tierney and Young rotate left back, odriozola and Valencia rotate right back, center backs hope Bailly stays fit for once and gets consistency in his game, and the others prove reliable enough (and Tuanzebe develops more).

RooneyLegend

My Four would be:

.....................De Gea
Meunièr.Bailly.Smalling.Sandro
.......................Matic
.....Fabinho....................Pogba
.....................M.Savic
...........Lukaku.......Sanchez

.....................Romero
*Valencia..Lindelof..Rojo..Shaw
..................McTominay
.....Herrera..................Pereira
....................Lingard
........Rashford..........Martial

* or Young (Rotating with Valencia depending on who we are playing)

In: Meunièr (46m), Sandro (56m), Fabinho (64m), M.Savic (86m) Total 252m
Out: Darmian (15m) Jones (20m) Blind (20m) Carrick, Fellaini, Mata (26m) Total 81m

£171m Net
Savic at that sort of money would be the worst transfer we've ever made, we have a similar but better player than him in Pogba and he's proven to be more than challenge to fit him in tactically. Don't get me started on the rather mediocre Fabinho.

borrays

Don't want to mention the names just the type of players whom in my opinion we are still lacking this season:

a left back
a hardworking midfielder
a deep playmaker
a pacey right winger

I think we've had enough experienced players in our squad now so hopefully Jose & the club are targeting younger players (<26ish)

Fer

Don't want to mention the names just the type of players whom in my opinion we are still lacking this season:

a left back
a hardworking midfielder
a deep playmaker
a pacey right winger

I think we've had enough experienced players in our squad now so hopefully Jose & the club are targeting younger players (<26ish)
IMO Alex Sandro and Mahrez could be a good fit for our team, and they are >26.

Which type of midfieder would you play next to Matic and Pogba? A deep playmaker or a hardworking midfielder?

dutchred

Segesson (fulham) or Tierney (celtic)
Fred (shaktar) de Jong (ajax)
Mahrez (Leicester)

Use Chong as back up for Mahrez, Fosu as back up to Valencia. De Jong can be eased in gradually as replacement for Matic.

Valencia Bailly Rojo Segesson
Fred Pogba
Sanchez
Mahrez Lukaku Martial

Gog

Savic at that sort of money would be the worst transfer we've ever made, we have a similar but better player than him in Pogba and he's proven to be more than challenge to fit him in tactically. Don't get me started on the rather mediocre Fabinho.
Think we all agree prices are scary crazy, but the market (who else wants him, and what they are willing to pay) sets them, not us. Obviously you don't rate him, but quite how he would be the worst transfer ever made, and Fabinho would be a mediocre signing, I don't get. Guess we all see different things, and just have to accept that.

kthanksbye

Assuming we should be looking to buy a RB and a LB, both to directly be first choice, is there any point in keeping Valencia and Young?
Considering TFM will be back next season and he deserves to play games, having 3 RBs seems overkill to me.

Same with Young, and even Shaw, we must let one of them leave if we buy someone like Sandro.

Coming to the CB options.
I don't see how we will not be in for a world class CB, someone like Umtiti or Alderweild.
Bailly is good and Lindelof has just joined, Tuanzebe will be back, add the new CB to it and we have 4 already without counting Smalling Jones and Rojo. We can sell two of them, 5CBs should be enough for a squad.

Fellaini seems to be a goner (thank feck), If Pereira doesn't have a future here, we're left with Pogba Herrera Matic and Mctominay, I think we'll need one at least. I'm hoping we buy Kovacic and keep Pereira, to have 6 people in there.

Don't think we will be or we should be buying an attacking player. Sanchez Martial and Lukaku should be first choice, Rash, Mata and Lingard are good cover. could be a little short here, but if we play a 433 and have 6 midfielders in the squad, we should be fine.

Players IN - Fabinho, Sandro, Umtiti, Kovacic.

OUT - Blind, Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Valencia, Shaw, Fellaini.
Carrick and Ibra are gone already.

Will need to save wages and keep the net transfer to an acceptable 150m ish.

PS - Maybe buy the Fulham kid who plays LB and let him stay there on loan for a season, sell Young in summer 2019.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Alderweireld
Sandro
Ronaldo
Dybala

Last edited:

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Varane, Alderweireld, Kimmich, Kroos

Yes, that's how much work we need to do on defence.

Alderweireld is literally the only one I think we'd be capable of getting but it's nice to fantasise!

AgentP

Sessegnon or Sandro for LB
Alderweireld or Umtiti for CB
Mahrez for RW
One b2b CM (Not sure who)

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not getting too giddy, I think all of these guys might be open for a new challenge and could possibly be attainable for the right money (Umtiti I don't believe is even remotely considering leaving Barcelona)

LB - Sandro or Alaba
CB - Varane or Koulibaly
CM - Verratti or Fabinho (Could even play RB)
CM - Savic or Kessie

I'm also intrigued by Doucoure.
He's had a fantastic season at Watford, could he step up a level at United, possibly he could.
Might be a master stroke...!!
Going to amend my CM nominations, because after seeing what Ruben Neves is all about, bloody hell, it would be travesty if we don't make a serious move for this lad.

Seven Seas Sardines

What I think would be possible and coincidentally best for us, reaching £150-170m:

Alderweireld - £30m
Neves - £40m
Sessegnon - £40m
Bale - £60m (unless we finally move Sanchez to the right)
Meunier - £40m (if we skip Bale)

Sterling Archer

Going to amend my CM nominations, because after seeing what Ruben Neves is all about, bloody hell, it would be travesty if we don't make a serious move for this lad.

First I'm looking at any sort of highlights of Neves. I'm very impressed...he has quite a shot and range with his passing.

Sterling Archer

Dayummmm. I've seen the Ruben Neves thread hit the top of the forum quite a bit. And everytime I've just turned the other way , drwn into useless debate over whether Rashford and MartiL are playing enough . Looks like I've missed all the hype. Better late than never!

criticalanalysis

2 mins in..WANNNNTTTT.

Mourinho call your boi Mendes and sort it out.

The Mad Manc

Keeping it realistic:

LB: Alex Sandro
CB: Alderweireld
CM: Fabinho
RW: Mahrez

This would massively improve our squad

DoubleRevv

Jumping on the Neves bandwagon too. A very good player.
Probably the kind of player to fill the Carrick role as it seems he has elements of Scholes and Alcantara in his game.

Therefore
1. Meunier
2. Neves
3. Seri
4. Mahrez/Dybala

Vanya

Willian
Alderweireld
X= Fabinho /Neves
Sandro

----------------------De Gea---------------------
Valencia Bailly Alderweireld Sandro
------------------X----------Matic-----------------
---- Willian --------------------------Pogba----
-------------- Lukaku-----Sanchez------------

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
1. CB: Alderweireld
2. LB: Sandro
3. CM: Doucoure
4. CM: Weigl

RB is also a pressing issue but I'd like to see Fosu Mensah there.

And as a nice bonus, I'd like Bale here too for our RW.

Last edited:

RedMilo

OUT - Smalling, Lindelof, Blind, Carrick(Retire) & Felliani.

IN - Thomas Meunier & Jorginho only. As we should give more game time to TFM, Axel, Lingard, Martial & Rashford. We should only buy more if Shaw, Pogba or Martial are sold, which I hope they aren't.

Mcking

I hope it's this:
OUT:
Darmian
Blind
Shaw
Carrick
Fellaini
Martial

IN:
Fabinho
Sandro
Kovacic
Mahrez

........................................................................................................................​

Degea; Valencia Bailly Smalling Sandro; Kovacic Matic Pogba; Mahrez Lukaku Sanchez.

....................................................​
SUBS: Romero, Lindelof, Young, Fabinho, Mata, Lingard, Rashford

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Keeping it realistic:

LB: Alex Sandro
CB: Alderweireld
CM: Fabinho

This would massively improve our squad
Positionally I think you’re spot on and I’d be delighted with your players but I prefer Dier and Maguire because they’re English nationality and leadership qualities as well as their ability.

LB: Sandro or Tierney
CB: Maguire
CM: Dier

We have lost a few bodies this season for next season going forward in Zlatan Carrick and possibly Fellaini and if we are off loading more deadwood on top of that then sales may allow a special young talent to join like a Neves or Golovin. Four I think we will definitely buy as we really need to as we are needing players who are fit and available every week to give us continuity and a more balanced squad. But I think we may see a young special talent bought for the midfield area.

Bwuk

What about Cesar Azpiliceta for RB?

Chelsea aren’t getting top 4 and are a bit of a mess at the moment.

Bolal7700

Sandro or Sessegnon
Doucoure
Toby
Dybala

Last edited by a moderator:

Walters_19_MuFc

I cant see Mourinho buying two centre midfielders, unless he's looking to move to a permanent 433, which I dont see him doing.

I know with Carrick retiring and Fellaini possibly leaving, Jose has mentioned that we we could need two midfielders, but that was before the rise of McTomonay, who, I believe will be a squad player for us next season.

That'll leave us with:

Matic
Pogba
New midfielder
Lingard
Herrera
McTominay