What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Deleted member 101472

He’s been impressive for A few years now but even in defeat against city, it’s clear as day that moussa Dembele is tailor made for a role in The United midfield. I’d break the bank for him.

As of right now, the 4 id like to see are;

Alderweireld
Dembele
Alex Sandro
Thomas Meunier

Addresses every issue but the right winger conundrum but I really don’t see that many out there that I’d want.

Deleted member 101472

There is way too much mention of Toni Kroos in this thread. There’s literally zero chance.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I'm skimming through this and all that I'm getting is a loss of identity at United. I'm seeing a bunch of XI's without a single British or academy player. It really is quite sad...

AgentP

Who would you go for? I'd prefer Kroos but don't consider him realistic
Kovacic or Neves. Kovacic probably won't be sold by Madrid. Even Doucoure might be worth a shot. Fabinho would be too similar to Matic. We don't need another pure DM. I would prefer someone more dynamic.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm skimming through this and all that I'm getting is a loss of identity at United. I'm seeing a bunch of XI's without a single British or academy player. It really is quite sad...
I listed Dier and Maguire in my four along with Tierney as second choice to Sandro. Although if I’m being honest home nationality is a plus but give me a Valencia over a Shaw any day of the week and Valencia’s English is meant to be poor.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been impressive for A few years now but even in defeat against city, it’s clear as day that moussa Dembele is tailor made for a role in The United midfield. I’d break the bank for him.

As of right now, the 4 id like to see are;

Alderweireld
Dembele
Alex Sandro
Thomas Meunier

Addresses every issue but the right winger conundrum but I really don’t see that many out there that I’d want.
Mahrez for me or Bale at a good price

YouOnlyLiveTwice

CB: Umtiti/Alderweireld/Maguire
LB: Sandro/Tierney
RB: Sidibe/Meunier
CM: Pjanic/Verratti - Ever Banega would be interesting, But i'm not sure taking him out of Sevilla is a good idea.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Tierney
Dier
Neves
Chiesa/Under/Thauvin

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
2 fullbacks, a right winger, and a cm.

Sandro
Meunier
Pjanic
Bale

1st XI​

De Gea

Meunier Bailly Lindelof Sandro

Matic

Pjanic Pogba

Bale Lukaku Sanchez

2nd xi

Romero

Valencia Jones Smalling Young

Mctominay

Herrera Pereira

Lingard Martial Rashford

Reserves

Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, J.Pereira, Gomes, Chong

Out

Fellaini (contract), Mata, Blind, Darmian, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick (retire)

Sandro and Meunier are probably the best two fullbacks available. While Pjanic is the playmaker we desperately need to compliment Pogba and control games. Superb dead ball delivery too. Meanwhile, Bale is a controversial choice but the guy would revolutionise our right flank. He’s still a great player, and I think would add that level of quality and experience we desperately need.​

pablotatt

Tierney, De Ligt, Neves, Sessegnon (inverted right winger).

If they're good enough, they're old enough.

Plus all players that I think would understand what it means to play for United.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think we'll probably get Keiran Tierney and Ryan Sessegnon as projects to try and develop into top class talents, they both look very good already. It's interesting how many left-sided players we're apparently interested in though, as there's Sandro, Rose, and Bale as well. We definitely can't be going for all four. I'd rather skip Bale from those four at this point (unless Martial is really going), but would Tierney want to join if we're signing Rose or Sandro? He'd surely be second choice Left Back at first and that's not what he'd want to be doing following a move.

Tierney with Young as a back-up and Valencia with Fosu-Mensah as a back-up seem like the most likely full-back options for us next season. Probably no change in CB's, though I'd definitely be trying to snap up Alderweireld (and finally ship off Phil Jones). We need another central midfielder with Carrick and maybe Fellaini leaving, but I'm not sure who it'll be. A right-sided attacker is a must also.

Muppet mode:

Out: Blind, Carrick, Darmian, Fellaini, Ibrahimovic, Jones

In: Alderweireld, Fabinho, Mahrez, Sessegnon, Tierney

T A

Dream: Rafael da Silva, Ben Davies, Verratti, Dybala
Reality: Meunier, Jose Gaya, Eric Dier, Douglas Costa

Will be happy with anyone from these lists coming here though

Ballache

Supports
Martial
In an ideal world: Meunier, Sandro, Pjanic and Neves.

-------------------DDG----------------
Meunier-Bailly-Rojo-Sandro
-----------------Matic-----------------
------Pjanic------------Pogba-----
Mata--------------------------Sanchez
----------------Lukaku---------------

Subs: Romero, Young, Smalling, Neves, Herrera, Lingard, Rashford.

Ideally Mahrez for Mata but we only get to pick 4 players so...

suhaylah

Willian
Koulibaly/Alderweireld
Meunier
Sandro
Dybala
Veratti/Kroos

Sell Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Blind.
Let Fellaini leave the club.
Give Twanzebe his chance as CB and Fosu Mensah as RB.

Last edited:

Doracle

LB - Tierney (£20 million)
CM - Wilshere (free)
CM - Saul (£90 million)
RW - Mahrez (£60 million)

Ideally, I’d also want Sessegnon signed up and loaned back out.

Last edited:

The Mad Manc

The OP is about signings so I'll disregard the academy reference. As for signings, I hear you but, nationality cannot be the primary factor. Maguire over Alderweireld? Rose over Sandro? No thanks

Champagne Football

Come to think of it Zaha would be wonderful addition up front to give more options to an already decent attack

Zaha
Tierney
Maguire
Seri

Last edited:

Ahsan_6386

Well since Jose has already clarified that he is not interested in making any more offensive signings this summer. The 4 important signings in my view are :

1. Alex Sandro / Kieran Tierney for the Left Back position.

2. Saul Niguez / Jorginho for the Deep Lying Playmaker position to support Pogba.

3. Fabinho for covering 2 important position as back up in both Defensive Midfielder /Destroyer position and Right Back position (This is a must signing to give much needed break to both Matic and Valencia if not to maybe replace either one of them.)

4. Toby Alderwerield / Samuel Umtiti / Milan Skriniar for the Centre Back position.

ravi2

2 fullbacks, a right winger, and a cm.

Sandro
Meunier
Pjanic
Bale

1st XI​

De Gea

Meunier Bailly Lindelof Sandro

Matic

Pjanic Pogba

Bale Lukaku Sanchez

2nd xi

Romero

Valencia Jones Smalling Young

Mctominay

Herrera Pereira

Lingard Martial Rashford

Reserves

Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, J.Pereira, Gomes, Chong

Out

Fellaini (contract), Mata, Blind, Darmian, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick (retire)

Sandro and Meunier are probably the best two fullbacks available. While Pjanic is the playmaker we desperately need to compliment Pogba and control games. Superb dead ball delivery too. Meanwhile, Bale is a controversial choice but the guy would revolutionise our right flank. He’s still a great player, and I think would add that level of quality and experience we desperately need.​

Bale is finished at the highest level

The Mad Manc

Positionally I think you’re spot on and I’d be delighted with your players but I prefer Dier and Maguire because they’re English nationality and leadership qualities as well as their ability.

LB: Sandro or Tierney
CB: Maguire
CM: Dier
RW: Mahrez

We have lost a few bodies this season for next season going forward in Zlatan Carrick and possibly Fellaini and if we are off loading more deadwood on top of that then sales may allow a special young talent to join like a Neves or Golovin. Four I think we will definitely buy as we really need to as we are needing players who are fit and available every week to give us continuity and a more balanced squad. But I think we may see a young special talent bought for the midfield area.
Fabinho looks a bit classier than Dier and has a decent goals & assists return in the league this season. Can't say that for Dier. I also think Alderweireld is much better on the ball than Maguire and Jose said the other day he wants his CBs to show more composure (which is why Smalling's days are numbered).

We'd all love to see a team full of English lads but that cannot be the primary criteria for signing a player.

The Mad Manc

Kovacic or Neves. Kovacic probably won't be sold by Madrid. Even Doucoure might be worth a shot. Fabinho would be too similar to Matic. We don't need another pure DM. I would prefer someone more dynamic.
Fabinho has more to his offensive game than Matic and the 2 of them in a MF 3 with Pogba sounds tasty to me.

I don't think signing anyone from Real is realistic and Doucoure surely isn't Utd quality. Not seen any of this Neves lad so not jumping on that bandwagon yet.

TrebleFan99

Fabinho has more to his offensive game than Matic and the 2 of them in a MF 3 with Pogba sounds tasty to me.

I don't think signing anyone from Real is realistic and Doucoure surely isn't Utd quality. Not seen any of this Neves lad so not jumping on that bandwagon yet.
Somewhat realistic:

1. Sandro
2. Vidal
3. Alderweireld
4. Willian

RedDevilRoshi

A lot of mentions of Thomas Meunier on this thread. I’d be very happy if we signed him but is there any realistic possibility that PSG will be open to selling a very good RB like Meunier? If they were, then no doubt they will ask for a huge ridiculous fee.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Well I don't know how the players I want would fit under the current system and manager, so maybe i'll just pass for now.