What is our best front 3?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Sancho - Cavani - Jlingz

Sancho and Jlingz changing positions throughout the game.

lex talionis

No idea how Martial is getting on so many lists, he's been phased out of this team so clearly
Or more accurately put, Martial phased himself out of the team. We all understand forwards who go on hot streaks -- see Wayne Rooney -- but what is hard to get past is a player who just doesn't give a feck when he's on the pitch.

meamth

During the season? I think Martial will surprise us this season:

Rashford - Martial - Sancho

But the best is obvious isn't it?

Rashford - Cavani - Sancho

The most exciting:
Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho

But realistically, the first team should be Rashford - Martial - Sancho, with Cavani as the backup.
Martial made more sense because he can play CF and LF, which means the front 3 is the most fluid with Martial as CF. Greenwood isn't ready yet physically to change his style of play.

Andersons Dietician

Hard one as there are some excellent combos.

Sancho- Cavani- Greenwood is probably the best. But…

Sancho -Cavani - Rashford could be good as well.

Sancho - Martial - Rashford on paper if They go past Martial could be brilliant.

I really want to see

Sancho- Martial- Amad. Think those 3 could play some fantastic stuff.

The truth is we have many possible combos that could all be devastating

Bwuk

To start the season:

Sancho - Cavani - Greenwood​

To finish the season:

Rashford - Cavani - Sancho​
Wouldn’t be hugely surprised if Greenwood is ahead of Cavani by the end of the season.

Jericho

Why are so many people saying he should play on the left? He's been a right winger for Dortmund hasn't he, I thought that was why we got him? We haven't had a right winger for a decade and now we finally have one it seems some people want to convert him to the left.

Alfie092

At their best for me it's Martial - Cavani - Sancho

Issue with Martial is he is still way too inconsistent but when he is on his game, along with Pogba is my favourite United player to watch in terms of pure entertainment. At his best he is ahead of Rashford imo and with Rashford appearing to have surgery, I expect Martial to start a lot of games at the start of the season. Just hoping this season he can kick on, takes this opportunity of potential run of games to start and show consistency :(

With Cavani, I believe when fully fit he is world-class and still one of the best strikers in the world! He also adds another dimension to our team compared to our other forward options in terms of movement, workmate and his phenomenal arial ability. Also has the experience the others don't have. Only issue is he does pick up injuries here and there and therefore I assume next season he is going to be managed and I don't see him starting more than 35-40 games in all competitions. If he stays clear of injury and can get that many starts with a few games off the bench who is to say he can't get around 25-30 goals for us?

Sancho - Has the potential to be world-class, he is a player who would give us both goals and assists and I'm buzzing to see him in a United shirt just like a lot of United fans! However, the issue is he is coming into the club without any PL experience, so would be interesting to see how much time he needs to adapt to the league. If he can get off to a flyer we could be in for a treat :drool:

Rashord and Greenwood are not bad options either :D

laughtersassassin

Why are so many people saying he should play on the left? He's been a right winger for Dortmund hasn't he, I thought that was why we got him? We haven't had a right winger for a decade and now we finally have one it seems some people want to convert him to the left.
Because the question wasn't where we should play him.

Simply put on form our best 3 is Cavani Greenwood and Sancho.

So if you play those 3 together Sancho plays on the left.

On paper you could argue for a different front 3 but based off last season that the best on form.

romufc

I think this will change throughout the season depending on form and injuries.

I don't think the front 3 will be set in stone like Liverpool. We have alot of options and different options if need be.

sp_107

Barca wants DVB in swap deal with Greizman to balance their wage bill. I think its worth takng a punt as I always felt Griezman style suit to cointer attacking teams and his work ethic is really good.

-------------------------- Cavani ------------------------------

----Sancho ------------------------------------Griezman-----

----------------Pogba ---------------------Bruno ------------------

-------------------Carmavinga or Neves-------------------

Shaw--------Maguire-----------Varane------------Trippier----

--------------------------------DDG-----------------------------------------

We can sell players like Jesse/Martial/James/Dalot/Baily to balance the books
Wondering if the above team can become something special and win some trophies for us with Rashford/Greenwood/Amad/Fred as backup
Varane/Tripier/Sancho deals are almost close so we need to work on Griezman swap and one of Carmavinga/Neves. Dont think its too difficult

RedDevilRoshi

To start the season:

Sancho - Cavani - Greenwood​

To finish the season:

Rashford - Cavani - Sancho​
Right now I agree with this although I’m hoping it’s Greenwood ahead of Cavani as our CF to finish the season.

GJNJ

Start of the season:- Sancho-Cavani-Greenwood

By Christmas:- Rashford-Cavani-Sancho

towards the end of the season:- Rashford-Greenwood-Sancho

Throw in Martial, Amad and maybe Pogba into the mix as rotations/backups it feels very exciting.

el3mel

Easy.

Sancho right, Cavani central and Rashford left.

When all in their form.

If Rashford is in shit form, Put Greenwood right and switch Sancho to left.

San Diego Red

Start of season will be
LW Sancho CF Martial RW Greenwood
Cavani would only just have gotten back
Rashford recovering from surgery
Amad will come off the bench for Greemwood

End of season
LW Rashford CF Greenwood RW Sancho
Cavani coming off the bench for Greenwood

Lights Out

I think I will shed a tear if we spend over a year chasing this guy, eventually pay over £70m …. And then immediately start playing him out of his natural position ‍on the LW

Commentary

Best three.

Left Wing: Daniel James
Ring Wing: Jesse Lingard
Number 9: Phil Jones

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Does anyone else thinks its a bit ironic that a thread called: 'What is our best front 3?' was started by LawCharltonBest?

Just saying!

Sancho Ronaldo Greenwood
:)
Called it a month ago.

Switch sides for Greenwood and Sancho though.

Surprised to see in various threads today how many people are leaving Greenwood out when his linkup play is absolutely silky smooth now, he's visibly added even more strength and acceleration and he remains one of the best finishers in football.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Sancho, Ronaldo, Greenwood until Rashford returns. Then all bets are off. Mason is a phenomenon IMO.

But a front six from Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno, Pogba is crazy good. Still have Martial, Lingard, James, Mata, Amad and Elanga. Mental.

Jibbs

.............Ronaldo..........

Sancho.....................Greenwood
.................Bruno.................
...........Pogba..........Fred..............

Andersons Dietician

DDG
Bissaka-Varane-Maguire-Shaw
Fred
Bruno—— Pogba
Greenwood—Ronaldo—Sancho
Just feck off the idea of defence and go with the old Madrid technique of we’ll score more than you.

ShinjiNinja26

The depth though :eek:

Rashford……Ronaldo…..Sancho

Martial……Cavani…….Greenwood

…And that’s not even considering Pogba as a left wing option.

NoPace

My guess is it's Cristiano-______-Sancho with Cavani and Greenwood fighting for the central spot (or Sancho out left, Cristiano up top and Greenwood out right) and then when Rashford comes he'll be in a fight with Cavani for the 3rd spot.

Sancho is our best playmaker in the front 3 and Cristiano our best goalscorer. The 3rd man should be whoever fits with them best between Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood in that order, but basically a 3 way fight.

Flying_Heckfish

For me:

Rashford - Ronaldo - Sancho

if they're all fit and firing.

Rashford gets shit by the short-term thinkers but at his best he's absolutley lethal on the break - and he still put up good numbers whilst half broken last season.

I like Greenwood up front, so he will be somewhat blocked this season, but will definitely get games in both RW and CF, especially if Cavani does spend half the season in quarantine.

Pogba obviously has LW locked for now, will be interesting to see what happens there long term.

Martial and James have their work cut out to get any minutes at all now, and for Elanga & Amad - good luck!

Depth is crazy, really we need to move a couple and sign a CM.