What is your nations worst defeat?

RedDevilRoshi

2019 - Kazakhstan 3-0 Scotland

Least said about that, the better

My wife (she’s English) really rubbed it in and suggested we watched Borat after it to cheer me up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There are plenty defeats that are really really bad in history of Serbian national team but their worst for me is their win vs Germany 1:0, Germany had a player sent off and they looked out there like they have 13 players and Serbia 8, even at the end scoreboard showed 1:0 to Serbia, i felt like we lost 20:2.
Typical Serbia aswell, IIRC you still went out of the group stage as you lost to Australia and drew with Ghana.

darko

Honduras 8 Canada 1 for pure result.

For what it meant, losing to Australia in penalties in 1994 WCQ. It was 3-3 on aggregate.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I think we had some horrendous defeats in the first 5 or 6 World Cups we took part in. However, as I hadn't been born yet, for me it's 7-0 vs Chile.

Milphi

France 2018 or Wales 2016 here. Brasil 2002 stung as well because of the perfectly good goal being disallowed but at least we were quite crap back then.
Definitely Wales 2016 for me for worst defeat. Easy side of the bracket and still fail to make the semis. Going one nil up too.

Bobski

Depending on how you mean worst

But if you aren't taking it to mean embarassing then this would probably be it

Two soft goals to give away and plenty of chances at the other end wasted, world cup quarter final place up for grabs
You know what stands out from that vide in comparison to contemporary football? The amount of long range speculative efforts, so used to players just recycling the ball and playing for a better opportunity but in that game it was just fire away.

Remember watching that live, doesn't feel like nearly 30 years ago. Christ.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Honduras 8 Canada 1 for pure result.

For what it meant, losing to Australia in penalties in 1994 WCQ. It was 3-3 on aggregate.
That Honduras result was sickening. I genuinely thought we took match fixing bribes to lose by that much.

We also missed a sitter in the first minute.

The first and last time i got on Twitter to bash a player.

jesperjaap

Italia 90 and Euro 96. Purely as didnt deserve to lose either against the Germans and both games, especially 90 were great games.

Worst defeats as Italia 90, we would, I feel have got revenge for the hand of god four years earlier and won the final

Euro 96 as it was comign home and after an awful first couple of group games, we were really good and no doubt would have won had we reached the final in my mind.

World cup and Eurp champions we should have been with two really good sides and managers. I wont include last summer tournament as personally apart from the Germany game, I think the management wasnt great in pickign the players, the performaces were average on the whole too. Our success in the last two major tournaments has had a fair amount to do with luck of the draw, home advantage and a good attitude within the squad. I am excited about the world cup and next coupel fo tournaments as I do think there is now a good squad of players....though worry about our centre backs

lysglimt

Scout
Since I am old, I remember Norway when they were among the worst teams in Europe (in the late 70s and early 80s), so we had some bad ones - but in the post-Egil Olsen era when Norway were either good or at least average - the 1-5 against Croatia and 0-6 against Germany were really bad. But we had some stinkers from 2013/14 until 2016/17