What kind of hamstring injury does Luke Shaw have?

Razwy

In him and Dalot we have 2 fullbacks that can't stay fit more than 3 games in a row...We'll need to replace them.While Dalot is younger and can be sold or used as a 3rd choice, with Shaw it is going to be more difficult because of his contract, but they can't be trusted. Same thing for Bailly, Jones, Rojo and even Martial( but at least he's very good and it is worth it). We need to learn how to buy players that are not injury prone because ,for most of them, this thing is obvious before we buy them and they don't ,suddenly, become like that after they come to us...

alexthelion

The idea of Shaw is a lot better than the reality. Don’t like giving too much early praise for youngsters, but Williams looks very promising, and already arguably more of an attacking threat than Shaw.
When Shaw first came through at Southampton he was very fast and attacking. Huis bad leg injury has really affected him for the worst.

Alemar

The problem with Luke Shaw is that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a better defender, and one defensive full-back is more than enough in the starting XI.

Brandon Williams looks a much more attack-minded player

Dve

Bailly wasn’t mystery, it was really bad injury. It happened during pre season game against Spurs.
The mystery is how he managed to injury himself, with no other players near him. He pretty much just fell over, injured. I think he has a special talent there, he should try making it a living.

USREDEVIL

Poor guy. Wants to be a top LB but his regular injuries keep him from getting to the top of whatever level he can be at. I imagine that if this continues as is, he could find himself the Phil Jones of LB position with Williams coming into his own.

Majima

The problem with Luke Shaw is that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a better defender, and one defensive full-back is more than enough in the starting XI.

Brandon Williams looks a much more attack-minded player
I absolutely love Wan-Bissaka but Luke Shaw is much better attacking than him. He has a better passing range. When he was fit last season, he developed a good understanding down the left with Pogba & Martial. They formed an effective attacking trio, dragging opposition units out of position many times.

One example of what he's capable of, from last season:

People have short memories it seems. Brandon Williams has done well so far, but really?

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I absolutely love Wan-Bissaka but Luke Shaw is much better attacking than him. He has a better passing range. When he was fit last season, he developed a good understanding down the left with Pogba & Martial. They formed an effective attacking trio, dragging opposition units out of position many times.

This is just one example of what hes capable of, from last season:

People have short memories it seems. Brandon Williams has done well so far, but really?
Oh come on. You're hardly putting that forward as a representative clip of Luke? We've been watching him, admittedly on and off for a long time now. I'm not going looking up his assist record but underwhelming is not the word. You can't blame people for being excited about Williams. Luke's position is under threat and not before time.

Majima

Oh come on. You're hardly putting that forward as a representative clip of Luke? We've been watching him, admittedly on and off for a long time now. I'm not going looking up his assist record but underwhelming is not the word. You can't blame people for being excited about Williams. Luke's position is under threat and not before time.
That was a special assist which many defenders definitely aren't capable of, unless they have some talent going forward.

I agree his assist record could be better but looking at it, he had a bad injury, then went through an extremely tough period under Mourinho where he was constantly criticised and overlooked in favour of Young. Hardly going to be brimming with confidence was he?

I'm not knocking Williams at all. I'm all for Williams providing competition, it's a good thing. But to say he is 'much more attack minded' is just not true. Not that i expect it from him yet anyway but so far, i haven't seen Williams do much going forward.

Point is, we saw it under LVG when he was fully fit and we saw it last season when he was fully fit. Shaw has shown he has the capability to provide a threat going forward, he just needs to do it on a consistent basis.

Last edited:

knot_buzz

A lot of it can be mental health also.

I had a grade 3 playing local league Aussie rules, and I would be lying if I said I never thought about it and second guessed it at times.

Unfortunately Luke is no stranger to serious injury

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder who will be back first between him and the Pog.

Andersons Dietician

Supports
Supports good football
The mystery is how he managed to injury himself, with no other players near him. He pretty much just fell over, injured. I think he has a special talent there, he should try making it a living.
This is probably the funniest post I’ve seen in a while.

‘I really don’t get this idea been thrown around that Williams is more of an attacking threat. What did you guys see in the 2-3 games he’s played that leads you to believe that?
One game he spent a lot of it sitting back.

Dve

This is probably the funniest post I’ve seen in a while.

‘I really don’t get this idea been thrown around that Williams is more of an attacking threat. What did you guys see in the 2-3 games he’s played that leads you to believe that?
One game he spent a lot of it sitting back.
To be honest, in my head I was commenting on Bailly. Now I realise I´m in the Shaw tread. Sorry about that.

I agree with you. I´m impressed by Williams defensive abilities, how quick he turns, how close he gets to his opponents and his tackles. He even did Bissaka´s signatur tackle last match, he may have learnt from him. But offensively, he has yet to show that he´s better than Shaw, absolutely.

Tel074

I actually hope Ole can see that Shaw is dog shit and replaces him or gives Williams a proper run of games . With a proper left back we would have a quality back 4 and that's the base for every good side .

lRed

I rate Shaw very highly as a defensive fullback, but i do question the squad planning, considering we've just signed another defensive fullback in AWB too.

Succesful teams with defensive managers in the past usually only needed the 1 defensive full-back. For us to now have 2 especially on big wages is strange.

If Shaw can't get over his injury problems, we're going to be stuck with him until his contract runs out, which is 4 more years at £195k until he moves on, on a free.

We literally can do nothing but hope he gets over his injury troubles.
You think we should have went for someone like Max Aarons from Norwich more than AWB ?