What made you become a supporter of this club?

Lecland07

I would like to give one of these heart-warming stories, but I would be lying since it was probably just a random pick as a kid. I don't even remember.

TrueRed79

My dad and brother supported Liverpool and tried to convert me, but Mark Hughes was my favourite player at the time and that was it for me. I can't lie, my life would have been easier if i supported Liverpool, but i have zero regrets obviously.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Wasn't interested in football until World Cup in 1998, in France, where Croatia came third, was great times whole country going nuts, and I was in last month of pregnancy, doctor said I have to lie down last month, so I watched all of 64 games.. Even those third round group stage that were shown later on. Still convinced we were third because of me. Gave birth to my girl day after France - Brazil game. Nice of her to let mom watch football..

Year later, my dad came to my room with question: "you want to watch football with your dad?" Ok, I said, who is playing? Bayern - Manchester he said. He never liked Germans because they killed his father right in front of him in WW 2, as a little boy then, you can imagine how much he "loved" them. There was no way he would be on their side. So I joked I will be. That look he gave me... Later on he was angry and bit of shouting and all that, so I started as well and got into the game.. Remember him sayin "go on Ferguson, do something" and I tried very hard to find on my on which player is Ferguson. Then I gave up, asked him, he laughed his head of for 10 mins. As the game goes on, he did not want to watch the game, so went to balcony to smoke and told me to call him when we score. I asked: "10 minutes before the end, you think we will score?" He said: "They have to!!!!'"
When I screamed goooooooool, he broke sprint record running back from balcony. Then watched replay, then back to balcony. And I screamed gooooooooool again. He comes running while sayin: " if you are joking...". I wasn't, as we all know, I was just standing staring at tv not believing what the heck I just saw!
After that, well the rest is history..
That's all folks.

sparky

My Mum and Great Uncle Tom Jones. He played 201 games as a fullback for United in the 1920's early 1930's. Welsh international as well.

space

Beckham was my favourite player and my uncle was a Liverpool fan who said no nephew of his could support Man Utd so I did it (I was about 6)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The events surrounding the Munich Air Disaster.
Tragic. But that was what got me as a lifelong Manchester United fan.

Back To Madeira

I was at the centre of a transfer-like tussle between my two uncles. Both were keen to convince their young nephew to follow in their footsteps and support one of the English giants.

My younger uncle thought he had secured another Arsenal fan in the family with his tales of the Five Minute Final in 1979. However this only endeared my younger self to the unlucky losers in that final. His older sibling would argue that I didn't want to support a team known as 'boring, boring Arsenal'. Once he had shown me video footage of goals from the likes of Mark Hughes and Neil Webb the deal was sealed.

Needless to say, I'm more than satisfied that I made the correct decision in becoming a Manchester United fan.

Eriku

I was 11 years old when I first started liking football. It was the 96-97 season, Beckham opened the season with THAT goal against Wimbledon, and almost everybody around me on the Norwegian countryside were United fans. Having Solskjær and Johnsen helped, and then Berg joined the next season, but I was more interested in playing than watching. Then WC98 happened, which was when I really fell in love with watching football, and so the first season I followed as closely as I could was the 98-99 season. What a season to start with! Anyway, it was a mixture of the buzz around me and seeing United under SAF make history in a memorable season that caused me to become a United fan.

Kaos

Grew up in London as an Arsenal fan for all of one week until my mum bought me the wrong team poster, so I just stuck with it. Not even joking.

Gator Nate

The shared misery of Glazers ownership.

I grew up a Bucs fan. Like, they were started shortly after I was born in the Tampa area, and my dad got a lot of stuff from that. So I've always been a Bucs fan no matter how bad they were. Then the Glazers bought the team.

So, when I started looking for a team, United seemed a natural fit. I mean, you guys know what it's like to have them as owners. I also admired LvG and Morinho, though they didn't pan out.

Amsterdam Devil

Cantona.

And after that the 90’s with so many players from our own academy, we had such a great culture at the club back then, hopefully we can get back to that sometime. And I don’t mean only winning trophies but also the great academy, the intense and attacking tactics and the wonderful Ferguson.

Being in the stadion at the Champions League final in 99 was my best all time moment.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I became a United fan after the 1993/94 Charity Shield game between Arsenal and United. I missed most of the match from playing football outside our house. United seemed like a cut above the Gunners, despite drawing the game until penalties. I realised then that United's players were the ones to watch. Their kit, their character, the football all was special. During early kickoffs they seemed colourful during that season, and during matches at night they looked lethal. United was my first football team, and I still wish we could somehow bring that team from 93 back to this current and grey reality.

TheReligion

Abusive
I became a United fan after the 1993/94 Charity Shield game between Arsenal and United. I missed most of the match from playing football outside our house. United seemed like a cut above the Gunners, despite drawing the game until penalties. I realised then that United's players were the ones to watch. Their kit, their character, the football all was special. During early kickoffs they seemed colourful during that season, and during matches at night they looked lethal. United was my first football team, and I still wish we could somehow bring that team from 93 back to this current and grey reality.
Glory Hunter

Where were you at Oxford away in the rain with @Foxbatt slagging off the club?

SAFMUTD

Grew up in London as an Arsenal fan for all of one week until my mum bought me the wrong team poster, so I just stuck with it. Not even joking.
Your mom is a visionary, that was no mistake.

I'm a beautiful thing

Dad and Grandad supported them and Grandad first used to take me when I was about 6,seen relegation and the treble win, it goes in cycles

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Started watching football during 2002 world cup and then they showed ad of English PL. That was the first time i became aware of English league. Beckham was quite famous at that time, so paid more attention to United than others and then gradually became obsessed with United. Read a lot about its past which made a huge impression. Mind you this was during Mourinho first era at Chelsea and United werent winning much. But there was something unique United that i just couldn’t resist.

Ixion

Born in Manchester, family from Manchester, mother supports United, Uncle supports City. I went with my mother.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
My brother being a fan, some championship manager game early/mid 90s, Sharpe, Kanchelskis and for some reason I can't remember, McClair and Pallister

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I remember seeing glimpses of the Busby Babes on the wireless way back when. I knew we were a special team then - the fanbase, something about the electric atmosphere in the stadium - but being some 30 years before I was born it wasn't until we'd won our third title in a row in 2001 that I thought, yep this is the team for me. I quickly threw out all the colours in my wardrobe except for things I had that were red and went out in the street singing Viva Ronaldo, Viva Ronaldoooo. As you can imagine, I was absolutely ecstatic when we bought him a decade later.

Frank Grimes

Just got sick of Liverpool under Souness plus United had the cool black kit around mid 90's and that did it for me. Remember we drew 3 all in Anfield and despite Ruddock's late equaliser I felt myself supporting Utd more. Then there was no looking back after that.

SunnyGlasgow

Child of the 90s. United were the only team that played live on the council box regularly. Wednesday night UCL football on ITV, good times!