What next for Gareth Bale?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
most likely he will stay, still be one of Madrid's best players for the 25-50% of the season he is available without being as good as he used to be. If Madrid have a disappointing season he will take the lion's share of the blame and a move to china will be sorted next summer.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
most likely he will stay, still be one of Madrid's best players for the 25-50% of the season he is available without being as good as he used to be. If Madrid have a disappointing season he will take the lion's share of the blame and a move to china will be sorted next summer.
It's gone very quiet over there. Even Zidane has issued a no comment apparently. Maybe Asensio has changed the whole situation temporarily.

el3mel

Only 30, and has an enough big name to move to a good European club and prove Zidane wrong then can go to China when he's 34-35 and done for.

But nope, decided to chase money instead from now on. Will never get this.

Infestissumam

Only 30, and has an enough big name to move to a good European cup and prove Zidane wrong then can go to China when he's 34-35 and done for.

the thing is, he's extremely injury-prone and all those muscles injuries take a huge toll on a player who relies on speed and pace. Factor in the outrageous wages and you find yourself in a situation where no big European club touches you with a stick. It's China or sitting out the contract at Real for him.

The Cat

Putting aside the fact that he is Welsh for a moment I am a bit pissed off with this.

No it doesn't affect me in any way but I find it a bit depressing.

He's only just gone 30. Surely he could drop a few quid and go to a huge European team for a couple of years?

How much money does one need in the end?

Will taint my memory of him slightly if he makes this move. I would have thought more of him if he'd gone back to Spurs.

Mindhunter

Putting aside the fact that he is Welsh for a moment I am a bit pissed off with this.

He's only just gone 30. Surely he could drop a few quid and go to a huge European team for a couple of years?

Will taint my memory of him slightly if he makes this move. I would have thought more of him if he'd gone back to Spurs.
Maybe he knows more about his body than we do. Maybe he doesn’t fancy being fit through a gruelling European season. The lure of so much money in a lesser league can be compelling specially when he has already won everything in club football.

spaceboyRSA

Quite a sad way to sign off on a career if china really happens. Thought he would have had the desire to stay at a higher level for longer. He may not be first choice at madrid but most top clubs would still want him depending on salary.

Seems a waste of a good part of a career

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Quite a sad way to sign off on a career if china really happens. Thought he would have had the desire to stay at a higher level for longer. He may not be first choice at madrid but most top clubs would still want him depending on salary.

He's won everything there is to win and any realistic move from Real Madrid would be a step down.

Go and get that yuan!

spaceboyRSA

He's won everything there is to win and any realistic move from Real Madrid would be a step down.

Go and get that yuan!
Sure he has.

It just feels China is a few years too soon for him. Maybe I'm just sentimental but I enjoy watching him play when hes fit and was hoping he would stick around in a proper league for a few more years.

El Zoido

I wonder if this will start to happen more often, what with footballers now being so incredibly wealthy. Can easily see how a player could lose motivation once they’ve become a multimillionaire through the game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

People always say this about athletes and it never makes sense. It's not about 'one' it's about making dynasty, generational money for not only himself but branches of his family. We have no idea how those funds are distributed, but it is naive, in my opinion, to be so myopic in thought process that these footballers are just greedy when this is feasibly his last chance in a career that is already ruined (in terms of him ever performing consistently, injury free) to make mind-boggling amounts of money.

Let's also face it; being forced out of a hugely successful time at the biggest club in the world, there is nowhere to go but down for him in terms of football clubs. Chasing a bit of Indian Summer glory elsewhere instead of dynasty money on one of his final contracts in football would be a poor choice if you look at it objectively.

The guy is a crock; I bet that weighs in on his decision making process - he breaks down at a new European club and the kind of package he's being offered in China may not be there for him at the end of it.

I just wish the same thing would happen with Sanchez and get him off our books.

The Cat

People always say this about athletes and it never makes sense. It's not about 'one' it's about making dynasty, generational money for not only himself but branches of his family. We have no idea how those funds are distributed, but it is naive, in my opinion, to be so myopic in thought process that these footballers are just greedy when this is feasibly his last chance in a career that is already ruined (in terms of him ever performing consistently, injury free) to make mind-boggling amounts of money.

Let's also face it; being forced out of a hugely successful time at the biggest club in the world, there is nowhere to go but down for him in terms of football clubs. Chasing a bit of Indian Summer glory elsewhere instead of dynasty money on one of his final contracts in football would be a poor choice if you look at it objectively.

The guy is a crock; I bet that weighs in on his decision making process - he breaks down at a new European club and the kind of package he's being offered in China may not be there for him at the end of it.

I just wish the same thing would happen with Sanchez and get him off our books.
There are some branches of his family he definitely doesn't want to give a penny to :)

Hammondo

It's gone very quiet over there. Even Zidane has issued a no comment apparently. Maybe Asensio has changed the whole situation temporarily.
I doubt they could get close to finding a buyer.

Hammondo

Only 30, and has an enough big name to move to a good European club and prove Zidane wrong then can go to China when he's 34-35 and done for.

Who would buy him? High wages, high injury rate, massively declined.

Johan07

He will do a year in China on exorbitant wages and then return to Europe? Would be my guess at least.

el3mel

Who would buy him? High wages, high injury rate, massively declined.
He's a big name player in his 30. Of course many good European clubs will want him. The wages may be the issue, though but I don't get why he won't take a pay cut to stay relevant in Europe for 2 or 3 more years and try to prove Zidane wrong. He can always move to Chine whenever he wants, it's not a one time only offer, but at the moment, I don't find anything that will prevent him from staying in Europe.

He's Just proving to Zidane that he was totally right about him.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Well that clears that up, he is looking to relax and just pick up the money for the rest of his career. His choice but can't say I get it, guess his just not motivated anymore.

Untd55

It is easy to criticise when you are not in the same position. The more people earn, the more they spend. The more they spend, the more they want to earn. It is a continuous cycle of greed that happens to a lot of people.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't make the same choice?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's had a great career, won nearly everything including 4 CLs and scored important goals in finals.

Now going to take semi retirement in China.

It's not really surprising no European team wanted him on 600k a week with his injury record.

Wondering if Perez finally offered Chinese club something to get them to take him?

Camilo

He's a big name player in his 30. Of course many good European clubs will want him. The wages may be the issue, though but I don't get why he won't take a pay cut to stay relevant in Europe for 2 or 3 more years and try to prove Zidane wrong. He can always move to Chine whenever he wants, it's not a one time only offer, but at the moment, I don't find anything that will prevent him from staying in Europe.

Why would he give a feck what Zidane thinks about him?! He's a 30 year old man, not a kid worried about "respect".

The wages may be an issue?! They absolutely will be an issue for any other club. He's won it all - move to China and take the money I say. Why come and piss around in a messy league like the EPL when you can make four times the money for half the effort?

el3mel

Why would he give a feck what Zidane thinks about him?! He's a 30 year old man, not a kid worried about "respect".

The wages may be an issue?! They absolutely will be an issue for any other club. He's won it all - move to China and take the money I say. Why come and piss around in a messy league like the EPL when you can make four times the money for half the effort?
Because he's still a top player only in his 30. He's not a washed up 35 years old player who can't get enough stamina to play a match so time to move to China and start collecting money for 5-6 years. He's just greedy and doesn't care about playing football any longer even though he can and at any good European club. There's no other way about it, and there's no way I can respect a greedy player in his 30. Players take these moves when they're washed out, not when they're still 30. It speaks bad about him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The guy gave an interview at the beginning of the summer that was basically one big "I am so done with this football shit" statement

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He really screwed his career up. Great player, greedy cnut.
:lol:
The guy has had a fantastic career, better than most players can ever hope for.
Moving to a retirement league and earning a load of money is nothing to be ashamed of.
I find it a bit weird that so many people get aggravated by a player moving to a lesser league for money, why does it bother you so much?

Hammondo

He will struggle to find a team where he makes the first 11 and gets wages close to what he wants.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He really screwed his career up. Great player, greedy cnut.
4 european cups.
La liga
Spanish Cups
Over 150 career goals
International footballer
600k a week.

If that's your idea of a wasted career you must be impossible to please.

Camilo

Because he's still a top player only in his 30. He's not a washed up 35 years old player who can't get enough stamina to play a match so time to move to China and start collecting money for 5-6 years. He's just greedy and doesn't care about playing football any longer even though he can and at any good European club. There's no other way about it, and there's no way I can respect a greedy player in his 30. Players take these moves when they're washed out, not when they're still 30. It speaks bad about him.
Why would he want or need peoples respect though? He has nothing to prove. He's already achieved everything. He should accept being pushed out of a well paid job into a lesser paid job because of some infantile notion of respect?! feck that for a laugh. Take the money.

redshaw

Hard to top this goal crowning your 4th CL

I don't blame him slowing down. Could face leg problems later in life that could hamper his hobby.