What next for Gareth Bale?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Wednesday at Stoke, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Aug 1, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  2. Aug 1, 2019

GDaly95 Sexist Pig

What's next for Bale? Given the time it is in Spain at the moment, I'd say maybe the 15th hole.
  3. Aug 1, 2019

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

Gareth Bale for the next Ryder Cup European team?
  4. Aug 1, 2019

Raven96__ New Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Try Golf professionally, I dont want him to stay unless he can justify his very high wages.

How to do that? Run, fight for everyball, help defend, give your 100%, score goals and create them, try to speak spanish its been 7 years ffs.

Except the Liverpool final, hes not been how we expect him for the last 3 seasons.
  5. Aug 4, 2019

elnorte Freaky fly day

Chances of deadline day deal now?
  6. Aug 4, 2019

Tom Cato Full Member

No chance at all. Bales salary alone would turn every single player in this club sour.
  7. Aug 4, 2019

elnorte Freaky fly day

Good
  8. Aug 4, 2019

AlwaysRed66 Full Member

Sanchez wouldn't be bothered.
  9. Aug 4, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    He could have become a Premiership legend had he stayed at Spurs, instead of going on to being just another squad player for RM.
  10. Aug 4, 2019

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

I think his 4 CL medals will make up for that somewhat.
  11. Aug 4, 2019

ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg Full Member

Ridiculous comment. He’s won so many trophies with Real - is it 3 or 4 Champions Leagues? He would have won zero with spurs.
  12. Aug 4, 2019

PeteManic Full Member

What's next? Pick up his wages.

Play the odd 15 mins here and there. Get the odd whistle from the crowd. Not give two fcuks as he gets over a million euros net a month.
  13. Aug 4, 2019

Mr Pigeon baldy fatty bum bum

Staging a 'coo' against my enemies in Fife
    "Hey guys, thank feck we didn't buy that mercenary from Juventus. Let's buy that crocked mercenary from Real who would rather play golf than the thing he's paid to do."

No chance, feck him and his PG Tips face.
  14. Aug 4, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay New Member

Playing and winning 4 CL for Real Madrid is infinitely better then being a “Spurs legend”.
  15. Aug 4, 2019

TheLiverBird Full Member

4 Champions League Medals
    1 La Liga Title Winners Medal
    1 Copa Del Rey Medal

And a salary 3-4 times what he was earning at Spurs

He must really regret his decision the poor bloke
  16. Aug 4, 2019

SirAF Ageist

This :lol:
  17. Aug 4, 2019

MrEleson Full Member

not to mention the countless other minor cups like the UEFA super cup and CWC trophies.
  18. Aug 4, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    That is not the point! Trophies or no trophies, he could have been an alltime Premiership great at Spurs. For decades, winning big tophies at RM has been the norm for countless squad players. Bale has just been another one of them.
  19. Aug 4, 2019

fps Full Member

Absolute nonsense, they hadn't won the CL for ages until Bale showed up, and he's very clearly not a squad player based on his excellent goals to appearances ratio over more than 200 appearances despite injury problems and his scoring of goals in several of the biggest matches of RM's recent history. His profile went through the roof because of his move to Madrid and all the success he has had there. So this narrative simply will not wash, no matter how many times the phrase "squad player" is repeated, it simply isn't going to stick.
  20. Aug 4, 2019

hellohello Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Bales impact at Real Madrid is massively underrated by a number of people it seems. While he has been consistently injured he has also consistently produced.
  21. Aug 4, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Would you rather be a small fish in a massive pond, or a massive fish in a smaller pond??
  22. Aug 4, 2019

The Cat Doesn't know his own mobile number

Placeholder for I told you so.
  23. Aug 4, 2019

0le Full Member

No one gives a feck about the Spurs "legends" of the PL.
  24. Aug 4, 2019

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

[​IMG]
  25. Aug 5, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    He'd have an Audi Cup though, so there's that.
  26. Aug 5, 2019

MVBDX New Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    He'd be the perfect deadline day Woodward signing.
  27. Aug 5, 2019

sun_tzu The Art of Bore

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
    A realistic target this season should be a single figure handicap
    [​IMG]
    Apparently plays off 16 at the moment and given the extra rounds he can get in getting down to 9 should be his target I think
  28. Aug 5, 2019

KiD MoYeS Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Feared Woodward would be all over this signing this summer but judging by how the Dybala deal has progressed we might be learning our lesson.
  29. Aug 5, 2019

Kostur Full Member

I really hope it's a WUM, otherwise I might have bad news for you.
  30. Aug 5, 2019

Globule signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

I'm sure he regrets his decision. All those trophies and all that extra money are nice, but he'll never be talked about as fondly as Ledley King.
  31. Aug 5, 2019

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

It's mental how badly Bale has been treated by Real Madrid.

I know I know, when you're getting paid 300k a week or whatever he's on it's hard to feel too much sympathy for him, but in the context of football it's hard to remember the last time a top player got this kind of treatment.

He's scored over 100 goals for them, scored an incredible late winner against their biggest rivals in the Spanish cup final, he's scored 3 goals in 2 CL finals including one of the greatest goals of all time plus scored in a penalty shootout in another CL final. I mean that's not bad is it?

And yet he's routinely booed by their crowd, Madrid fans seem to dislike him, Zidane has been publicly trying to force him out and then when Bale eventually does reluctantly agree to leave Madrid pull the plug on the deal and now he's staying. It's a mess.
  32. Aug 5, 2019

GatoLoco Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/30/football/1564492466_075066.html

John Toshack, the former manager of Real Madrid and Real Sociedad and the man who gave Gareth Bale his debut with Wales spoke to BBC's 5 Live recently and was very critical of his compatriot.

"I know how difficult Real Madrid can be," he said. "Very, very difficult club. I was there twice and nothing comes out from Gareth. Nothing. Only his agent."

"This, that. Goodness knows. Sad for football or the football I know and love. Saddens and sickens me to be honest with you."

Toshack says Bale needs to come out and speak

"Go and play. Just play the game. Say what you actually think. Don't have somebody else telling people what should happen. You tell them what you want, what you like, where you want to play. A little bit more personality yourself."

"You don't need agents or peope to talk for you. You have to speak yourself. I haven't heard Gareth say anything. I'm reading all this stuff about the criticism that Bale is taking, you know, and it's justified."

"Come out Gareth, do an interview. Speak yourself, you've been here six or seven years now and you dont speak the language. That's an insult to the people you're working for. Everything with Gareth now here is negative because at the end of the day, Gareth has won things here. he's been important here over the last five or six years. Tt's just a great pity that he hasn't engaged himself a little bit more with the country that he's living in with the supporters that are there every week.

"Gareth, come on, take a little bit of time out, learn the language. Nothing, nothing. And that certainly hasn't helped him here in Madrid."

Bale's future hangs in the balance after his move to China fell through at the 11th hour. He didn't travel to Munich to play in the Audi Cup and there is confusion now as to where Bale fits at Real Madrid while Zinedine Zidane is the manager.
  33. Aug 5, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay New Member

He wasn’t a small fish, even though he had injury problems and not always the manager’s first choice, he scored big goals for them, huge goals.

The answer is obvious, playing for the biggest club in the world and winning everything or wasting it playing for the biggest bottlers in England.
  34. Aug 6, 2019

ryansgirl Full Member

I don't think anybody feels it's any kind of 'moral obligation' to be passionate about their job - however, some of us enjoy what we do and want to give off that positive energy in our work. I agree about Real Madrid's capriciousness and ruthlessness - it's one of the reasons I don't like this club and never have.

Gareth has choices unlike many people because of that money and would with much less than that - yes Real are not treating him well but he is choosing to stay. Decisions and consequences. Some other players in the same position would move to another club to enjoy their football and be appreciated again and be in the position of challenging for trophies.

Just because you won't be earning the equivalent of GDP of some countries doesn't mean you can't leave Real behind and have a great career again. Ooh, he's being victimized - no, he's choosing to suck it up. His choice.

You're over-simplifying the issue. Gareth Bale is not some wronged innocent - like Beckham and every other non Spanish footballing big name that joined Real, he knew what this club does. They've done it for decades. Buy success, are ruthless in dumping and buying players.

Gareth signed on for the bloated Real Madrid salary - lucky him but guess what, all that money comes with the not even fine print that you signed for a ruthless club like Real Madrid. He did this in full knowledge of what kind of club this is. He wanted to be a 'Galactico', he turned down other clubs and the choice was his.

And no, I can't feel sorry for somebody earning that money especially in the context of how most people on this planet struggle, many die everyday because of lack of money and resources. Over-paid sportsmen sign the devil's bargain - take the frankly obscene money, take everything else that comes with it.

If the player wants to stick it out instead of going somewhere they'll be appreciated but won't be earning more than the GDP of some countries - that is their decision that doesn't require sympathy.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  35. Aug 6, 2019

shamans Hoser

He elevated his career to heights he never could have at spurs. Was absolutely the right move for him. He will take those CL moments of glory forever with him.
  36. Aug 6, 2019

thepolice123 Full Member

:lol::lol::lol:
  37. Aug 6, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    It's unbelievable. He should be remembered as a great player there (not legend, but a great).
  38. Aug 6, 2019

WR10 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

That would have been so perfectly fitting for spurs. That attitude embodies everything it is to be Spurs. Not in it for the success and trophies but in it for the effort. Great stuff :lol::lol::lol:
  39. Aug 6, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

He would have more sense than Dybala
  40. Aug 6, 2019

ThomasEmil Invisible Herrera Watcher

[​IMG]