What next for Gareth Bale?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
From his point of view he’s not going to get the same money at any other team bar PSG if they fancy a big gamble... I have a feeling they are too shrewd though.

he’d be wise to do a Rooney on it and even if he’s dropped keep saying the right things and make no trouble. say you respect the managers decisions it’s a team game I’m working hard etc and keep collecting his massive money till 2020 or 21 and then let real subsidise the last year or 2 of his contract at a team where he’ll actually play so he doesn’t lose out on the cash promised to him. It’s been such a problem for us the last few years with players who’ve absolutely peaked collecting huge wages on the way to smaller teams and leagues. Bastian Rooney and Sanchez all clearly in decline, not automatic starters and paid way too much for a squad player and the odd decent performance. Contracts on reputation and not actual performance.

IrishRedDevil

Gareth Bale: ‘‘I've got three years contract left. If they want me to go they'll have to pay me €17m a year. I'll stay. Doesn't matter if I don't play, I'll just play golf."

Edit: sorry; it’s according to a journalist.

Art

Art the artist
Gareth Bale: ‘‘I've got three years contract left. If they want me to go they'll have to pay me €17m a year. Otherwise I'll stay. Doesn't matter if I don't play, I'll just play golf."
Has he actually said that?!

goin4glory

Gareth Bale: ‘‘I've got three years contract left. If they want me to go they'll have to pay me €17m a year. I'll stay. Doesn't matter if I don't play, I'll just play golf."

Almost surely bullshit as the Madrid heirarchy are trying to give him the boot but he'd be just right to say feck you. Take the cash and sit on the bench, feck Madrid bosses.

Heardy

Shit, if he’s clearing €17m a year that he would let get close to elsewhere, who can blame him

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
If he has half a brain he’ll push for a move back to Spurs taking a massive salary cut.

Though the people representing him will probably do anything in their power to persuade him to take whatever deal in Europe that brings in the most money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He'll come to us in a year or so, and be an even sillier signing than he would be this summer.

Moriarty

Journalist or not, that sounds like a United player all right. Sign him up.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If he is told he won’t be played he will look to move, especially with the Euros round the corner, I would love him back with us but just can’t see it at all.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Bale’s response was to Zidane’s initial comment prior:
“If I think a player doesn't fit in the team I have to do what I think works best.

I have counted on other players in more in recent weeks, and if I had a fourth substitute today I would not have brought him on”.

...wtf is going on loool. Why is there such a rift? I don’t get it. How soon they forget the absolute stunner Bale scored to give them the CL 3peat.

Zidane really does have Real Madrid blood pumping in him. Doesn’t give a feck about players and will turn on them in an instant. I don’t get how Madrid fans can support such a team/regime that shows such little loyalty to those who have given them so much...

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has won everything there is to be won at club level. He shouldn't bother about not playing and collect his money. Good on ya Gareth, make them pay.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

Hope he actually said that, I completely support Bale staying and making Madrid pay every single penny they committed themselves to with that ridiculous contract.

El Zoido

If he is told he won’t be played he will look to move, especially with the Euros round the corner, I would love him back with us but just can’t see it at all.
I mean, it is Wales. He could not play a minute next season and Giggs would still pick him because he’ll still be the best player they have.

stepic

If he has half a brain he’ll push for a move back to Spurs taking a massive salary cut.

Though the people representing him will probably do anything in their power to persuade him to take whatever deal in Europe that brings in the most money.
why the hell would he want to do that?

lsd

The Oracle
Hope he actually said that, I completely support Bale staying and making Madrid pay every single penny they committed themselves to with that ridiculous contract.

Yes because that's making the best of your ability

Siorac

...wtf is going on loool. Why is there such a rift? I don’t get it. How soon they forget the absolute stunner Bale scored to give them the CL 3peat.

Zidane really does have Real Madrid blood pumping in him. Doesn’t give a feck about players and will turn on them in an instant. I don’t get how Madrid fans can support such a team/regime that shows such little loyalty to those who have given them so much...
I wish we were ruthless like this. Bale is no longer good enough for Madrid so they're getting rid. That's what top clubs do.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His agent is pretty greedy, he isnt going to move him anywhere that doesnt involve him getting a bumper pay day.

Bale will end up sitting out the rest of his contract at Madrid on his huge wages most likely.

AgentP

I hope Sanchez isn't thinking the same way.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Sentimentalism has little room at a successful club. High Standards must be kept at all times else they might end up like we did. Football has made these players millionaires and they can't expect clubs to keep them on ridiculous salaries past their expiry date.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

That quote is horseshit, much as I hate the idea of Bale, the press and the fans over there have constantly, pretty much since they realised he wasnt Ronaldo Mk2, accused him of preferring playing golf to playing football.

He has either been hammered for not speaking the language, or hammered for being injured, or hammered for playing badly but feck em, they wanted him, now they are stuck with him.

None of the criticism they through at him is particularly fair, he absolutely wasnt worth the fee and wages and length of contract, but at least come out and speak the truth rather than making him out to be some form of waster.

AJ10

Even if that comment is fake, I wouldn't be surprised if he ran down his contract. He's happy being a sideman at real just look at the way they play when he's on.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Even if that comment is fake, I wouldn't be surprised if he ran down his contract. He's happy being a sideman at real just look at the way they play when he's on.
I honestly get the impression he's not bothered about football anymore... no hunger at all.

As long as we don't pick him up!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Straight swap for Alexis where Madrid pay us the difference in wages would work.
£300,00 a week for an injury prone player who doesn't seem to have much drive even? We'll just be repeating the same mistakes. Rather take my chances with the Championship players we're supposedly looking at now.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Yes because that's making the best of your ability
He’s basically finished, and he has nothing left to achieve in his career in terms of trophies anyway after having spent so long in a team with Ronaldo, so him entering into Sanchez-mode seems fair enough.