What next for Gareth Bale?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Very humiliating quote.
Yeah... that's a bit tough. Unnecessary. Everyone knows they want rid, no need to humiliate him. Unless they feel they need to apply some pressure to get him to agree to leave?

Yeah... that's a bit tough. Unnecessary. Everyone knows they want rid, no need to humiliate him. Unless they feel they need to apply some pressure to get him to agree to leave?
I think that is the clear intention here.
I still have this horrible feeling we're are going to put our hands into this.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
I still have this horrible feeling we're are going to put their hand into this.

I suppose if they take Sanchez and give us Bale on loan paying half his wages,and all of Sanchez's I could live with it

Jazz

I still have this horrible feeling we're are going to put their hand into this.
I'm going to stay positive and think we'll stay away. We have a big problem with Sanchez which we might not be able to get rid of this transfer window, so adding to that with an injury prone past his best player would be utter foolishness.

He also comes across to me as utterly entitled. What's the point of Ole saying he wants players who want to be here and then getting Bale who's been pushed out against his will? There will be no commitment from him, unless we turn the OT pitch into a golf course.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
£300,00 a week for an injury prone player who doesn't seem to have much drive even? We'll just be repeating the same mistakes. Rather take my chances with the Championship players we're supposedly looking at now.
You can do both. Most clubs would be more than happy to add Bale to their squads if not for the prohibitive wages. We are in a position where can actually bring him here (not that we will).

If it were up to me, I'd rather we buy players like De Ligt, Fernandes, Felix, Sancho, Kane et al. All much younger and with a bigger upside.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Ed is absolutely buying him in summer and demanding Ole play him on the left side just to spite us all.

youmeletsfly

His agent kinda stated publicly that Bale is in "no rush to leave and that he has a contract", something like "He can sit on the bench and collect the 500K a week, thanks".
Bale's camp started it and Madrid will finish.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Hope he stays and milks every penny out of them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Handbags. Game of chicken I guess. Who’s going to blink first.

Madrid wants rid and Bale/his agent will want to get paid (or not take a wage cut to move).

Scott Buttery

Unpopular opinion... I'd take him on a 2 year loan.

He has stated before his injury problems have been miss reported.

He would instantly be out best attacking player. He still has genuine pace and power.

My guess would be Bayern though, on loan.

As for Chelsea, there ban won't be lifted. They'll bring no-one in. Pulisic was signed in January as a replacement for Hazard knowing full well this ban was coming!

I guess this will drag!

Lee565

If Madrid go for Pogba we should ask for him on loan, paying 75% off his wages and a potential 50 million buy option at the end of it which is as good as it's going to get for Madrid as I doubt anyone would currently pay anything over that fee on top of his wage demands and injury worries, it would be worth it, he is a match winner still.

Jazz

His agent kinda stated publicly that Bale is in "no rush to leave and that he has a contract", something like "He can sit on the bench and collect the 500K a week, thanks".
Bale's camp started it and Madrid will finish.
Oh I see..... I understand why Zidane was so salty then.

Scott Buttery

Madrid have a massive problem with him. They want rid, they have told the world they want rid too! he is on silly money. The rest of the world will make them sweat I imagine. You can compare the problem with us and Sanchez, like us, they will struggle to get any sort of transfer fee.

Jazz

Unpopular opinion... I'd take him on a 2 year loan.

He has stated before his injury problems have been miss reported.

He would instantly be out best attacking player. He still has genuine pace and power.

My guess would be Bayern though, on loan.

As for Chelsea, there ban won't be lifted. They'll bring no-one in. Pulisic was signed in January as a replacement for Hazard knowing full well this ban was coming!

I guess this will drag!
And you believe him? He had better put his medical records on twitter for all to see. Sorry but I wouldn't be taking his word about this.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
£300,00 a week for an injury prone player who doesn't seem to have much drive even? We'll just be repeating the same mistakes. Rather take my chances with the Championship players we're supposedly looking at now.
He is on €17m net p.a. If I‘m not mistaken.

Jazz

If Madrid go for Pogba we should ask for him on loan, paying 75% off his wages and a potential 50 million buy option at the end of it which is as good as it's going to get for Madrid as I doubt anyone would currently pay anything over that fee on top of his wage demands and injury worries, it would be worth it, he is a match winner still.
Rather put the £50M towards a good player many years younger. Let Bale stay being Madrid's headache. We have Sanchez, we don't need anymore problems.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
They offered him the contract, they shouldn’t be putting any pressure on him to go anywhere, they are reaping what they so, feck them.

Scott Buttery

And you believe him? He had better put his medical records on twitter for all to see. Sorry but I wouldn't be taking his word about this.
Nor would I but at the time he was making a point about not getting in the team, stating its not because he's injured, no point in lying at the time. If he has a medical and all is okay, a loan with an option would ne worth it. 17 Mill a year he is quoted as earning. 17 for a player like him is worth a punt.

Jazz

Bale and Sanchez makes me think clubs should protect themselves a bit more. A good basic salary but anything more you need to earn it by what you do on the pitch. Silly bloody money for these guys.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bale and Sanchez makes me think clubs should protect themselves a bit more. A good basic salary but anything more you need to earn it by what you do on the pitch. Silly bloody money for these guys.
It should have been done that way along time ago, I’d also say Transfer fees should also take the same type of idea.

Scott Buttery

Agreed!
Look at the money mbappe is on at 19...imagine his contract negotiations when he turns 27...mind boggling

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Is it me or are we seeing more and more situations like these. Where a player is clearly not wanted by his club but they can't shift him cos of his wages. The player also seems not happy but they are reluctant to move unless someone matches their current earnings. Resulting in a weird situation where both parties aren't happy yet they might have to stay together.

Also from my memory Bale didnt seem to be injury prone at all when at spurs. Strange that he turned into a sick note when in his prime and playing in a league widely recognised as less physically draining as the Premier League

Last edited:

Jazz

Agreed!
Look at the money mbappe is on at 19...imagine his contract negotiations when he turns 27...mind boggling
I reckon the players will be far more motivated as well. If they don't perform, they won't be able to buy their new Ferrari or whatever they do with all that crazy money.

Jazz

It should have been done that way along time ago, I’d also say Transfer fees should also take the same type of idea.
Agree. The whole thing is out of control now.

Skills

Snitch
And where does that extra money go? In the back pockets of Levy, Glazers, Kroenke? Sounds like a top plan.

Clubs pay this kind of money, because they can afford it. And if anyone in football deserves to be taking home the cash the sport is generating, it's the players.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Is it me or are we seeing more and more situations like these. Where a player is clearly not wanted by his club but they can't shift him cos of his wages. The payer also seems not happy but they are reluctant to move unless someone matches their current earnings. Resulting in a weird situation where both parties aren't happy yet they might have to stay together.

Also from my memory Bale didnt seem to be injury prone at all when at spurs. Strange that he turned into a sick note when in his prime and playing in a league widely recognised as less physical draining as the Premier League
He bulked up, far, far too much when he moved. He became a much more explosive, powerful player, but that takes its toll on the body.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
And where does that extra money go? In the back pockets of Levy, Glazers, Kroenke? Sounds like a top plan.

Clubs pay this kind of money, because they can afford it. And if anyone in football deserves to be taking home the cash the sport is generating, it's the players.
Just cause a club can afford it doesn’t mean it should be. How does anyone deserve to sit unwanted on a bench earning £350K a week? I think you would find much better performances on a whole if players pay was performance based, it would improve football IMO.

If anyone deserves anything back from football I’d say it’s the supporters.

Skills

Snitch
Is it me or are we seeing more and more situations like these. Where a player is clearly not wanted by his club but they can't shift him cos of his wages. The player also seems not happy but they are reluctant to move unless someone matches their current earnings. Resulting in a weird situation where both parties aren't happy yet they might have to stay together.

Also from my memory Bale didnt seem to be injury prone at all when at spurs. Strange that he turned into a sick note when in his prime and playing in a league widely recognised as less physically draining as the Premier League
The players are worth £100s of millions now, so it's in the clubs best interest to tie them down to long contracts. In years before, it was always in the players best interest to have a long contract (because of injuries). It's why clubs lockdown players for 5-6 years and then eventually towards the end of that contract, struggle to move them on.

AJ10

I honestly get the impression he's not bothered about football anymore... no hunger at all.

As long as we don't pick him up!
It seems that way. You'd think he'd want to prove Zidane wrong for shitting on him previously as well but no, happy with money. All the talent but no desire to be great.