What next for Gareth Bale?

UncleBob

Some proper gaslighting going on from Madrid and ZZ here. I was supportive of a club right's to discard players but they are just taking the piss. Screw him around, presumably give him permission not to travel and now talking about him instead playing golf to make him the bad guy. He could have an injury that permits golf (or recovery is aided by it) but the narrative is successfully back on him in the wrong.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What's next for Bale? Given the time it is in Spain at the moment, I'd say maybe the 15th hole.

Raven96__

Supports
Real Madrid
Try Golf professionally, I dont want him to stay unless he can justify his very high wages.

How to do that? Run, fight for everyball, help defend, give your 100%, score goals and create them, try to speak spanish its been 7 years ffs.

Except the Liverpool final, hes not been how we expect him for the last 3 seasons.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
He could have become a Premiership legend had he stayed at Spurs, instead of going on to being just another squad player for RM.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He could have become a Premiership legend had he stayed at Spurs, instead of going on to being just another squad player for RM.
I think his 4 CL medals will make up for that somewhat.

Ridiculous comment. He’s won so many trophies with Real - is it 3 or 4 Champions Leagues? He would have won zero with spurs.

PeteManic

What's next? Pick up his wages.

Play the odd 15 mins here and there. Get the odd whistle from the crowd. Not give two fcuks as he gets over a million euros net a month.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Chances of deadline day deal now?
"Hey guys, thank feck we didn't buy that mercenary from Juventus. Let's buy that crocked mercenary from Real who would rather play golf than the thing he's paid to do."

No chance, feck him and his PG Tips face.

TheLiverBird

4 Champions League Medals
1 La Liga Title Winners Medal
1 Copa Del Rey Medal

And a salary 3-4 times what he was earning at Spurs

He must really regret his decision the poor bloke

MrEleson

1 Copa Del Rey Medal

not to mention the countless other minor cups like the UEFA super cup and CWC trophies.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Ridiculous comment. He’s won so many trophies with Real - is it 3 or 4 Champions Leagues? He would have won zero with spurs.
That is not the point! Trophies or no trophies, he could have been an alltime Premiership great at Spurs. For decades, winning big tophies at RM has been the norm for countless squad players. Bale has just been another one of them.

fps

That is not the point! Trophies or no trophies, he could have been an alltime Premiership great at Spurs. For decades, winning big tophies at RM has been the norm for countless squad players. Bale has just been another one of them.
Absolute nonsense, they hadn't won the CL for ages until Bale showed up, and he's very clearly not a squad player based on his excellent goals to appearances ratio over more than 200 appearances despite injury problems and his scoring of goals in several of the biggest matches of RM's recent history. His profile went through the roof because of his move to Madrid and all the success he has had there. So this narrative simply will not wash, no matter how many times the phrase "squad player" is repeated, it simply isn't going to stick.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Bales impact at Real Madrid is massively underrated by a number of people it seems. While he has been consistently injured he has also consistently produced.

0le

No one gives a feck about the Spurs "legends" of the PL.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
1 Copa Del Rey Medal

He'd have an Audi Cup though, so there's that.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
He'd be the perfect deadline day Woodward signing.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
A realistic target this season should be a single figure handicap

Apparently plays off 16 at the moment and given the extra rounds he can get in getting down to 9 should be his target I think

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Feared Woodward would be all over this signing this summer but judging by how the Dybala deal has progressed we might be learning our lesson.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I really hope it's a WUM, otherwise I might have bad news for you.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'm sure he regrets his decision. All those trophies and all that extra money are nice, but he'll never be talked about as fondly as Ledley King.

Djemba-Djemba

It's mental how badly Bale has been treated by Real Madrid.

I know I know, when you're getting paid 300k a week or whatever he's on it's hard to feel too much sympathy for him, but in the context of football it's hard to remember the last time a top player got this kind of treatment.

He's scored over 100 goals for them, scored an incredible late winner against their biggest rivals in the Spanish cup final, he's scored 3 goals in 2 CL finals including one of the greatest goals of all time plus scored in a penalty shootout in another CL final. I mean that's not bad is it?

And yet he's routinely booed by their crowd, Madrid fans seem to dislike him, Zidane has been publicly trying to force him out and then when Bale eventually does reluctantly agree to leave Madrid pull the plug on the deal and now he's staying. It's a mess.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/30/football/1564492466_075066.html

John Toshack, the former manager of Real Madrid and Real Sociedad and the man who gave Gareth Bale his debut with Wales spoke to BBC's 5 Live recently and was very critical of his compatriot.

"I know how difficult Real Madrid can be," he said. "Very, very difficult club. I was there twice and nothing comes out from Gareth. Nothing. Only his agent."

"This, that. Goodness knows. Sad for football or the football I know and love. Saddens and sickens me to be honest with you."

Toshack says Bale needs to come out and speak

"Go and play. Just play the game. Say what you actually think. Don't have somebody else telling people what should happen. You tell them what you want, what you like, where you want to play. A little bit more personality yourself."

"You don't need agents or peope to talk for you. You have to speak yourself. I haven't heard Gareth say anything. I'm reading all this stuff about the criticism that Bale is taking, you know, and it's justified."

"Come out Gareth, do an interview. Speak yourself, you've been here six or seven years now and you dont speak the language. That's an insult to the people you're working for. Everything with Gareth now here is negative because at the end of the day, Gareth has won things here. he's been important here over the last five or six years. Tt's just a great pity that he hasn't engaged himself a little bit more with the country that he's living in with the supporters that are there every week.

"Gareth, come on, take a little bit of time out, learn the language. Nothing, nothing. And that certainly hasn't helped him here in Madrid."

Bale's future hangs in the balance after his move to China fell through at the 11th hour. He didn't travel to Munich to play in the Audi Cup and there is confusion now as to where Bale fits at Real Madrid while Zinedine Zidane is the manager.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Would you rather be a small fish in a massive pond, or a massive fish in a smaller pond??
He wasn’t a small fish, even though he had injury problems and not always the manager’s first choice, he scored big goals for them, huge goals.

The answer is obvious, playing for the biggest club in the world and winning everything or wasting it playing for the biggest bottlers in England.

ryansgirl

So what. Does he have some kind of moral obligation to be? You're a fan - it's his job and he's no more required to be "passionate" about it than you are about yours. Frankly, if I were him I'd not be feeling to chuffed with life at Madrid given how he's been treat.

Real were happy to pay him mega money when he was winning CL titles. Now they're bored with him and want to quietly push him out the door just because it suits them to bring in some other galactico. The ways he's been treat is disgraceful. Good for him I say.
I don't think anybody feels it's any kind of 'moral obligation' to be passionate about their job - however, some of us enjoy what we do and want to give off that positive energy in our work. I agree about Real Madrid's capriciousness and ruthlessness - it's one of the reasons I don't like this club and never have.

Gareth has choices unlike many people because of that money and would with much less than that - yes Real are not treating him well but he is choosing to stay. Decisions and consequences. Some other players in the same position would move to another club to enjoy their football and be appreciated again and be in the position of challenging for trophies.

Just because you won't be earning the equivalent of GDP of some countries doesn't mean you can't leave Real behind and have a great career again. Ooh, he's being victimized - no, he's choosing to suck it up. His choice.

You're over-simplifying the issue. Gareth Bale is not some wronged innocent - like Beckham and every other non Spanish footballing big name that joined Real, he knew what this club does. They've done it for decades. Buy success, are ruthless in dumping and buying players.

Gareth signed on for the bloated Real Madrid salary - lucky him but guess what, all that money comes with the not even fine print that you signed for a ruthless club like Real Madrid. He did this in full knowledge of what kind of club this is. He wanted to be a 'Galactico', he turned down other clubs and the choice was his.

And no, I can't feel sorry for somebody earning that money especially in the context of how most people on this planet struggle, many die everyday because of lack of money and resources. Over-paid sportsmen sign the devil's bargain - take the frankly obscene money, take everything else that comes with it.

If the player wants to stick it out instead of going somewhere they'll be appreciated but won't be earning more than the GDP of some countries - that is their decision that doesn't require sympathy.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He elevated his career to heights he never could have at spurs. Was absolutely the right move for him. He will take those CL moments of glory forever with him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It's mental how badly Bale has been treated by Real Madrid.

I know I know, when you're getting paid 300k a week or whatever he's on it's hard to feel too much sympathy for him, but in the context of football it's hard to remember the last time a top player got this kind of treatment.

He's scored over 100 goals for them, scored an incredible late winner against their biggest rivals in the Spanish cup final, he's scored 3 goals in 2 CL finals including one of the greatest goals of all time plus scored in a penalty shootout in another CL final. I mean that's not bad is it?

And yet he's routinely booed by their crowd, Madrid fans seem to dislike him, Zidane has been publicly trying to force him out and then when Bale eventually does reluctantly agree to leave Madrid pull the plug on the deal and now he's staying. It's a mess.
It's unbelievable. He should be remembered as a great player there (not legend, but a great).

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That would have been so perfectly fitting for spurs. That attitude embodies everything it is to be Spurs. Not in it for the success and trophies but in it for the effort. Great stuff :lol::lol::lol: