What next for Gareth Bale?

Amerifan

Non-news story on the Beeb today about him being rested for a CL game. Has anything actually changed with him?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Still a very talented gem of a player
When's the last time you watched him? He's looked tragically bad the last few times I've seen him. Clearly he's not in the ideal environment but I see little evidence he'd lift a team like ours. Elite sport is decided on fine margins and once you lose that extra few % of drive, even a top player can suddenly become a very average player.

TheReligion

Abusive
When's the last time you watched him? He's looked tragically bad the last few times I've seen him. Clearly he's not in the ideal environment but I see little evidence he'd lift a team like ours. Elite sport is decided on fine margins and once you lose that extra few % of drive, even a top player can suddenly become a very average player.
Last league game? Thought he was pretty good?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
quote from his agent:

“It is said that he likes golf more than football, and it is true that he does not live the profession with the intensity of others, either on or off the pitch.”

Nuff said.
Surely that isn't a real quote!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Bale has been very important for them so far this season, even though his relationships with Zidane are probably unfixable. They won't sell him, especially with Hazard taking his time adjusting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's not

And this "he's angry and wants to leave now" story is obviously made up bs from as

He's probably the most content man in the whole of Madrid!
King's ransom salary, loves living there and the prestige of the team, and as long as he's getting on the pitch a bit here and there he'll see it out for years.

thepolice123

Everytime I watch him play he looks passive, completely lacking cutting edge and drive on the ball. Physically he has deteriorated too.

I think the key aspect which transformed him from a good player to a great one is his arrogance or "hubris". He is not exactly the most technically proficient player but he has the mantle to take up the challenges and solve problems on the pitch. Something which many of the attackers at Real are sorely lacking, including Hazard. A peak Bale is still the biggest matchwinner at Real.

Gareth Bale donates 500k to NHS and also 500k to the Spanish equivalent. What a fantastic gesture, class act.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...es-1m-to-fight-coronavirus-in-spain-and-wales
only €500k to Spain though - cheapskate :houllier:

great gesture, good lad. Yes he’s got lots of money, but that’s a huge amount to give away.

there was lots of press over the PL players setting up this programme to give money to the NHS, not seen anything tangible come from it.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
there was lots of press over the PL players setting up this programme to give money to the NHS, not seen anything tangible come from it.
Aye classy, good to see Bale take it upon himself to act. Everyone else sitting around and waiting for some vague program.

Maguire came out and asked players to donate 30% of their wages to charity.

Handré1990

I find it strange that private citizen even need to donate to a country‘s health care system, but I guess It’s different in a loaded country with about 5 million people.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly respect for him goes up more each time I see him totally rinsing the absolute piss out of Real. He's won it all and is taking every penny he can from them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
How can anyone respect a player that does that?

I understand people that dislike Madrid finding it funny but surely nobody can respect this? He's completely shitting on his teammates and manager's work because the media and fans criticized him. How is that fair for his own team?

Besides, most of the criticism he got was more than justified regardeless of the big goals he's scored.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

I understand people that dislike Madrid finding it funny but surely nobody can respect this? He's completely shitting on his teammates and manager's work because the media and fans criticized him. How is that fair for his own team?

Besides, most of the criticism he got was more than justified regardeless of the big goals he's scored.
He got criticised for being injured a lot, being on high wages and being a player the manager doesn't want, none of which he is under much control of.

He was going to leave for free to China last year after being disrespected publicly by Zidane, but then Real suddenly wanted a big fee at the last minute, again, nothing Bale could do there?

He's been painted as a pantomime villain and he's just playing the part.

I'm sure if we wanted €50m for Sanchez and criticised him publicly while refusing to let him leave for a more sensible fee then he'd be acting up too (Bale has achieved so much more for Real too).

Point is Real soured the relationship, you can't expect to be respected when you're constantly shitting on someone.

A side note, Bale has clearly lost his passion for football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He got criticised for being injured a lot, being on high wages and being a player the manager doesn't want, none of which he is under much control of.

He was going to leave for free to China last year after being disrespected publicly by Zidane, but then Real suddenly wanted a big fee at the last minute, again, nothing Bale could do there?

He's been painted as a pantomime villain and he's just playing the part.

I'm sure if we wanted €50m for Sanchez and criticised him publicly while refusing to let him leave for a more sensible fee then he'd be acting up too (Bale has achieved so much more for Real too).

Point is Real soured the relationship, you can't expect to be respected when you're constantly shitting on someone.

A side note, Bale has clearly lost his passion for football.
That's how I understood it. The issue isn't that they don't want him anymore, it's that they tried to make him forfeit what they contractually how him and never really tried to muster a deal that would see him get his money with an other big club. I'm sure that United, Juventus or even PSG would have been happy to purchase Bale, if Madrid were asking for a fee that allows these clubs to pay Bale the money that Real Madrid owes him. But they tried to "win" and lost everything.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"

Hes a big headed prick IMO

Not as great a player as he thinks either

Heardy

I’ve got total respect for Bale absolutely rinsing Real Madrid. Why should he go elsewhere and take a paycut?

He’s won it all at Madrid and is making stupid money out there. See your contract out and make bank. Then he can go back home to Wales with an extra £30m.

Id probably have more sympathy if it was anyone but Madrid - but feck em, he doesn’t owe it to them to relinquish them of their obligations under a contract.

Morpheus 7

Some hypocrites in here, if Sanchez was doing stuff like this at United there would be outrage. Dress it up anyway you want but it's unprofessional. I felt sorry for Bale a few years ago but not anymore, he's a disgrace.

SirAnderson

If the manager doesn't want to play him, that's their fault. I'm sure he is doing what he needs to do in training but still doesn't get picked.
I'd happily laugh all the way to the bank as well for the whole 2 years if I were him.

SirAnderson

Some hypocrites in here, if Sanchez was doing stuff like this at United there would be outrage. Dress it up anyway you want but it's unprofessional. I felt sorry for Bale a few years ago but not anymore, he's a disgrace.
For laughing when his team is winning?
The reason Sanchez doesn't do that is because as a club we treated him fairly and gave him an option to leave on loan even and make it permanent.
Don't feel sorry for RM, their treatment of him is the real disgrace here, not him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I still remember the Real Madrid fans attacking his car when he wasn't playing well.

Horrific set of fans

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What exactly is unprofessional? He is ready to play, hasn't missed training and is respecting his contract. It's not his fault if Real Madrid want to sell him, don't want to us him and haven't found someone that is willing to match what they want and what Bale is currently owed.

InfiniteBoredom

They priced him out of a move for years hoping to recoup the outlay while alienating him from the squad and abusing him in public, what do they expect?

Good on Bale I’d say. Fans and clubs are very quick to bleat on about loyalty but the moment a player become undesirable they are mercilessly kicked to the curve, why should the players not take the piss when it happens? Especially for someone who’ve won everything to be won at club level.

Morpheus 7

For laughing when his team is winning?
The reason Sanchez doesn't do that is because as a club treated him fairly and gave him an option to leave on loan even and make it permanent.
Don't feel sorry for RM, their treatment of him is the real disgrace here, not him.
Bullshit, he's a professional footballer and he's dug his heel's in to stay and acting like this. Yeah Real are awful and it's there mistake for giving a long contract. That said, you can't say he's not been taking the piss. His attitude is awful, Wales-Golf-Madrid flags. He's a joke and gets special treatment from some. You can't defend this nonsense. Proper what aboutery in here, but what about Real and how..... He deserves criticism, bottom line!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

He was having a laugh, he wasn’t sleeping :lol:
have you seen the actual video

Pace Abuser

Completely different scenarios. Sanchez isn't doing any of what Bale is because he hasn't been shat on by the club.

They won't play him. They won't let him leave for a reasonable fee. What is he supposed to do?