What next for Mourinho?

Tiber

More TV work in store.

How strange! they left out this bit of his dramatic trip to an ice rink:

Wonder why Putin TV left that out of the hype vid?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Given his behaviour, before long it'll be 'Banished to the stands with Jose Mourinho'.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Unfortunately they haven't shown up. Perhaps this is because they're too young and frivolous to understand the commitments of a true professional. Now, let me hide from the tax authorities in this laundry basket."

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
"Unfortunately they haven't shown up. Perhaps this is because they're too young and frivolous to understand the commitments of a true professional. Now, let me hide from the tax authorities in this laundry basket."
" I've just heard from the producer, we have Luke Shaw sitting in the audience, please Luke don't look so nervous come on down".

SSSSnake

I think he'll go to Italy and I hope it's in the near future. He's pure entertainment. I do love seeming him wind up the opponent.

Speedicut75

Some Scousers confident he's going to take over at Everton next season. Largely following the logic that Everton now have money; therefore, Jose will be inclined to consider such an appointment.

Moriarty

" I've just heard from the producer, we have Luke Shaw sitting in the audience, please Luke don't look so nervous come on down".
Our very special guest tonight is Gary Neville and, at Gary's own request, our time on air tonight will be extended.

Castia

Some Scousers confident he's going to take over at Everton next season. Largely following the logic that Everton now have money; therefore, Jose will be inclined to consider such an appointment.

That wouldn’t be a bad shout to be honest if he doesn’t get the Madrid job.

I just can’t see that many big clubs offering him a job his reputation is at a all time low at the minute, Madrid might go for him after his history there but then again they must have reservations.

Canagel

I’m genuinely curious to see how our fans will respond if he ever turns up at OT in charge of another club? We always give a great response to ex-players but it feels like the same thing won’t happen here...
They will clap of course.
They were clapping for him when he lead us through our worst start for 28 years so why would it be any different after?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was so unbearable here! No other top club is going to take the risk now are they? He was very well backed until he alienated our best players, sapped the young players of their confidence and wanted to bin our flair players for workhorses he could trust. I’m so glad he’s gone. I’m guilty of not backing the players over him and they still have it all to prove. Until then- At least we are fun again!

Djemba-Djemba

Us beating PSG and him having to sit there and analyse it from a fecking Russian television studio is surely too perfect a thing to actually happen.

Can you imagine that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is bound to throw digs left, right and centre when next he faces us. So that would play into any reception he gets.

clarkydaz

He was so unbearable here! No other top club is going to take the risk now are they? He was very well backed until he alienated our best players, sapped the young players of their confidence and wanted to bin our flair players for workhorses he could trust. I’m so glad he’s gone. I’m guilty of not backing the players over him and they still have it all to prove. Until then- At least we are fun again!
Says a lot where he has been doing TV work, they aint sick of him yet

Chairman Steve

I bet when they mean host, they mean he'll be essentially be the sole pundit and they'll have someone else be the actual host giving him easy questions.

"Comrade Jose, how do you rate the chances of a Barcelona vs Real Madrid Champions League final"
"Yes I sink zat um...I mean Da...what language am I supposed to be speaking again?"

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I’m genuinely curious to see how our fans will respond if he ever turns up at OT in charge of another club? We always give a great response to ex-players but it feels like the same thing won’t happen here...
We pretty much ignored Moyes when he returned with Sunderland, so maybe something similar - it would be cruel though, being ignored would really kill Jose.

buchansleftleg

He deserves gales of laughter on his return if it ever happens. I actually think he will end up being a national coach. Maybe he will just get 90 minutes of "Ole's at the wheel" if he does return.

Interesting to see "the translator" going to work for Putin's mouthpiece. He really does have no class at all does he.

I feel ashamed for having supported him given how he has behaved. He will get worse and more unhinged as he seeks out more people with money and no ideas.

MoskvaRed

There was a Marina Hyde piece in The Guardian recently pointing out that, at this stage, Mourinho could well end up going down the Sven route. I can see him following up his RT contract with a managerial role at some oil rich national team with a poor human rights record.

crossy1686

career ending
Looks like Abramovich is still getting Jose work:

Manchester United's ex-manager José Mourinho is to host his own show on Russian TV channel RT, formerly known as Russia Today, the station says.

Mourinho, 56, will provide analysis of Champions League games in the fortnightly football programme.

"I'm going to talk about football on RT. What else did you think I was going to do?" he says in a promotional video.

Mourinho worked as a pundit for the Moscow-based RT network during the 2018 World Cup, which was held in Russia.

He was sacked by Manchester United in December after two years at the Old Trafford club, following a disappointing period in which United said it had identified a catalogue of failings.

"After the previous stage of my career was over, everyone wondered what I was going to do next," Mourinho says in the video advertisement posted on YouTube.

"I wanted a new challenge... I'm used to surprising people," he adds.

His new show on the Russian state-funded broadcaster is called On the Touchline with José Mourinho. It is due to begin on 7 March.

The RT news channel broadcasts its coverage in Arabic, English and Spanish.

In December, the UK's media watchdog Ofcom ruled that RT had broken impartiality rules in a number of its programmes relating to the nerve agent attacks that took place in Salisbury.

RT said it was "extremely disappointed by Ofcom's conclusions".

Mourinho made his first media engagement since he was sacked last month, appearing as a pundit for the Qatar-based broadcaster Bein Sports.

What is RT?
The Kremlin-backed network is available in more than 100 countries.

RT, originally Russia Today, began broadcasting internationally in 2005 as a subsidiary of RIA Novosti, one of three Russian state-owned news broadcasters.

The broadcaster focused on Russia-related news reports and said its goal was to improve the image of the country in the US. At its launch, it promised a "more balanced picture" of Russia.

Several years later, it shortened its name to RT and began focusing on US news, positioning itself as an alternative to US mainstream media on both online and US cable television.

The channel's slogan is "Question More", and the network aims to provide its international audience with the Russian viewpoint on global events.

It offers 24-hour-news, broadcasting from Washington, London and Paris. RTDoc, broadcast in English and Russian, is aired from Moscow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47201566