What next for Mourinho?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Shouldnt he have done that when he came back to Chelsea the second time or when he got the Utd job ?
The only thing he likes to prove is he can still win stuff at a cost and he's a loose cannon.
Well, he won the league with Chelsea, would've won it with United if it wasn't for Guardiola's City and picked up an EL title along the way.

He isn't finished. If anything he has a reputation for being a short term manager that wears off after two seasons and leaves burned earth but you can be dead sure that a top club in search of a top manager will think that he's worth taking the risk, especially in Italy. Can very well imagine that he takes a club like Inter or Milan to at least a bit of their former glory.

Besides that you shouldn't underestimate the influence Mourinho had on the recent Real Madrid. He contributed a lot to the fundament of their later success.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was mentioning Paris that one time, even admitted he already spoke to his son about moving there in distant future.

He needs generous owner and free hand at final decisions about team's shape and so far I really doubt Madrid would want him after that kind of season at United.

Crashoutcassius

My prediction is he will win titles again. United wasn't ever a good match as anyone with a brain knew. Inter was a perfect match, a club with that attitude will work for him again

Enigma_87

You know who
Mourinho is 55 he'll do well.
Moyes landed couple of top jobs after a disaster spell at us. Moyes.

stevoc

Take a sabbatical, reconsider his mindset, finetune his coaching skills, read up on managing today's generation of players, and then return to football.
He probably should have did that 3 years ago.

KennyBurner

What next for mourinho? Maybe jail time for the amount of money he has stolen from us. He decided to sabotage our season so he would get sacked and a payoff. It's actually the perfect model for a shameless sack of shite!

He is no longer our manager and doesn't deserve any respect or threads! Should be given the moyes treatment.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Well, he won the league with Chelsea, would've won it with United if it wasn't for Guardiola's City and picked up an EL title along the way.

He isn't finished. If anything he has a reputation for being a short term manager that wears off after two seasons and leaves burned earth but you can be dead sure that a top club in search of a top manager will think that he's worth taking the risk, especially in Italy. Can very well imagine that he takes a club like Inter or Milan to at least a bit of their former glory.

Besides that you shouldn't underestimate the influence Mourinho had on the recent Real Madrid. He contributed a lot to the fundament of their later success.
Yes, fair point taken but it came with a cost,look at the mess he created at Chelsea and us as a result of his management.

I was delighted when we signed him and was really hoping he would work out for us but the writing was on the wall a long time.Will be interesting to see where he ends up next and if he will stick pick up trophies.His star is definitely fading.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think he has another trophy or two in him but outside of Psg where does he go to win titles? Juvenile have Italy sewn up, he won't get Barca, Madrid is a possibility and Bayern wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft poll.

So Madrid or Psg. I think Madrid will go for someone with an eye on the future, Psg look fine without. I don't see where he goes to win titles. Portugal?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
He was mentioning Paris that one time, even admitted he already spoke to his son about moving there in distant future.

He needs generous owner and free hand at final decisions about team's shape and so far I really doubt Madrid would want him after that kind of season at United.
If Jose can't handle pogba imagine him with neymar.

Treble

Im taking you think Guardiola is the best coach in the world then correct? well lets see his first job was with the greatest club team of all time. His second job was with at the time the current best team in the world ( Bayern) and his third team was one of the richest in the world that can give him anyone he wants. So what's your point? should you not be saying that about him then? Mourinho won everything twice, back to back with Porto....Porto. Then conquered England with Chelsea who at the time were not what they are now. Then conquered Europe with a side that was not even a top 3 side in the world in terms of quality.

He was not the write fit for United and his love for the game and him in general have been on a bit of a downward spiral but he will bounce back. Make no mistake of that,
No.

Sgt.Major

No way he'd go to Milan, he's an interista to the core. United has been his wet dream since forever, so there's no parallel between going to Milan with such history with Inter and managing Chelsea then coming to us. Madrid is going through a turmoil right now, his reputation is now well damaged, he's already been there and we all know how was that going, so I doubt Perez will go after him once again. Madrid fans surely don't want him there. Inter is the only possible option, I believe.

Bojan11

Take 18 months off football. He just looks beaten up and tired professional. I think his Dad passing away had a big effect on him too. Change his approach to management.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he has another trophy or two in him but outside of Psg where does he go to win titles? Juvenile have Italy sewn up, he won't get Barca, Madrid is a possibility and Bayern wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft poll.

So Madrid or Psg. I think Madrid will go for someone with an eye on the future, Psg look fine without. I don't see where he goes to win titles. Portugal?
Why would PSG sack Tuchel?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's a bloody hero in Inter. And the league/country mentality still has space to accept someone with his profile.
Honestly even not liking Spalletti, compared to Mourinhos these days it would be a downgrade. And I am saying this seriously. He needs to stop, reinvent himself, or else he can take the normal road: go to China or Arab Countries earn a lot of money and then go work as a pundit where I think he at least can offer better insight than the normal pundits.

And hopefully his name doesn't start to be linked to replace Santos if he doesn't get a job, fed up with 6 years of shit football to be replaced with more of the same and the usual media spin now he will take us to glory because he is a winner.

Adzilla

With Perez of Madrid apparently still a massive fan and Solari not pulling up any trees at the minute, I expect he'll be announced as new Real Madrid manager before the start of next season. I think once that goes up in flames eventually he'll end up as the Portugal head coach probably.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The problem is, time has moved on. He doesn't seem to go well with younger / modern players and their attitude.
Of course. So called modern players expect a manager to talk to them nicely, not to upset them and to put their arm around them while the player skilfully inserts the knife into their back.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It wouldn't surprise me if he went to Spurs to get one over Woody if we pay to break Pochettino free, they have a very ready made squad and a new stadium on the way if not the kind of spending power he craves. However him and Levy are a disastrous pairing if there ever was one.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That's ridiculous. He won those titles. Give him credit. The reality is that all the big managers in all the big clubs spend big. The exceptions are very few. I like to give the elite managers their dues when they win, whether or not they spent. And which top manager will succeed with Wolves or Bournemouth? Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti, Conte?
Jose will be back winning in no time. He may meltdown in his third season but he will be back winning.
Did he spend big at Porto ?

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Of course. So called modern players expect a manager to talk to them nicely, not to upset them and to put their arm around them while the player skilfully inserts the knife into their back.
Make fun of this all you want - yes maybe modern players can be divas and oversensitive - but clearly Mourinho is WAY too far on the other side of the spectrum. He has overthrown himself with so many players during this career and treated players terribly (Schweinsteiger - anyone?).

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Im taking you think Guardiola is the best coach in the world then correct? well lets see his first job was with the greatest club team of all time. His second job was with at the time the current best team in the world ( Bayern) and his third team was one of the richest in the world that can give him anyone he wants. So what's your point? should you not be saying that about him then? Mourinho won everything twice, back to back with Porto....Porto. Then conquered England with Chelsea who at the time were not what they are now. Then conquered Europe with a side that was not even a top 3 side in the world in terms of quality.

He was not the write fit for United and his love for the game and him in general have been on a bit of a downward spiral but he will bounce back. Make no mistake of that,
Problem is you seem to forget Porto was 2002 to 2004, first time at Chelsea between 2004 to 2007 and Inter 2008 to 2010.

The difference to Guardiola is you know he needs great players and improves them, while Mourinho these days instead of improving them turns them into shit.

I cannot understand those who still come with the argumentation he is great because he won a lot when in fact the last years are showing us he wins less and less with no top players wanting to play for him. Don't count on me with blind patriotism I tell it like it is.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What next for mourinho? Maybe jail time for the amount of money he has stolen from us. He decided to sabotage our season so he would get sacked and a payoff. It's actually the perfect model for a shameless sack of shite!

Stolen. What has he stolen.
It takes two to agree a contract.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Honestly even not liking Spalletti, compared to Mourinhos these days it would be a downgrade. And I am saying this seriously. He needs to stop, reinvent himself, or else he can take the normal road: go to China or Arab Countries earn a lot of money and then go work as a pundit where I think he at least can offer better insight than the normal pundits.

And hopefully his name doesn't start to be linked to replace Santos if he doesn't get a job, fed up with 6 years of shit football to be replaced with more of the same and the usual media spin now he will take us to glory because he is a winner.
We all knbow it's going to happen someday... Sigh

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Make fun of this all you want - yes maybe modern players can be divas and oversensitive - but clearly Mourinho is WAY too far on the other side of the spectrum. He has overthrown himself with so many players during this career and treated players terribly (Schweinsteiger - anyone?).
Oh I am not making fun I assure you.
Far too many managers have been sacked due to so called player power.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think he would suit PSG. They have class offensive players who can make goals out of nothing. They face no big competition in their league, which means Mourinho will have them crushing the small clubs, which will be enough to satisfy the fans as far as entertaining football. He also certainly has the pedigree to make them more competitive in the CL, with his pragmatic 'suited-for-cups' tactics, and at that point if being defensive is helping them win, they will only be happy and it'll be seen as the exact answer to what they have been lacking since the takeover.

Oggmonster

I think he needs a break from football really. Seems completely different at United than he did at Chelsea/Inter etc. Seemed like a chore for him and he was constantly miserable. Can't be good for him being like that.

I'm sure a top club would take him as he has a reputation still...I don't think it would be in England though

nikineil

My guess would be Valencia. He spoke about Peter Lim recently and might be eyeing that job. Just to get one over the FSW and show 2 fingers at him.