What next for Mourinho?

FujiVice

PSG will be sort of perfect from him. Its a nothing league, where he wont be exposed for the usual shite he does in league's like the Premiership and La Liga, and he'll be tasked to try and win the Champions League. Its the perfect place to reinvent himself.

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe.

The only thing is PSG are desperate to win the CL and even though Jose has won it twice I don't think his recent CL record is very impressive.

Feels like his tactics in Europe are outdated. Ties these days are very high scoring. Mourinho still seems to think he can shithouse his way to 1-0 aggregate wins.

Maybe I'm wrong and he'll end up there but for now I can't see it.

Greck

Huge blow to those cultists who swore he'd win his next trophy before us

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
They're desperate for the CL, Jose hasn't gone close to winning it in a long long time. Plus all those egos? He'd be eaten alive. The thought of Jose managing Neymar is hilarious.
Neymar and Mbappe as fullbacks in a 6-3-1 is quite a funny sight, mind. PSG should go for him just for this alone, but I'm afraid they know better.

Djemba-Djemba

They're desperate for the CL, Jose hasn't gone close to winning it in a long long time. Plus all those egos? He'd be eaten alive. The thought of Jose managing Neymar is hilarious.
Plus he had no respect for Utd, regularly insulting the club and belittling our history whenever he was under pressure. Football heritage and all that.

Can you imagine the shit he'd say about PSG to defend himself when things start to go wrong.

Wanderlust_09

I think PSG would be perfect for his ego.
The league is a cakewalk, the owners have shitloads of money.
He can claim that " I have won titles in 5 different leagues"..

And if it does not work again, it is 2 birds in one shot. PSG and Jose, there would rarely be a marriage of such a despised club and a manager.

Inter Yer Nan

I'd say he's probably eyeing whichever job comes up next between PSG and Juventus but can see Ronaldo shooting that down. Maybe Inter if they can spend big and Juventus aren't looking as dominant.

I think he's likely done trying to manage in England and he's obviously not getting the Real Madrid or Barcelona job so he's out for Spain too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Do inter have money to spend? I don't think he'll go there unless they give him a significant budget to break Juve's hegemony.

To answer the OP, I see more bitterness, more misery & more delusion in his future.
He hardly has a choice at this point in time

Djemba-Djemba

I'd say he's probably eyeing whichever job comes up next between PSG and Juventus but can see Ronaldo shooting that down. Maybe Inter if they can spend big and Juventus aren't looking as dominant.

I think he's likely done trying to manage in England and he's obviously not getting the Real Madrid or Barcelona job so he's out for Spain too.
Juventus fans despise him.

He's got no chance of getting that job.

And that's before considering how he's lost three dressing rooms in a row and been sacked twice in a row in disgrace. Cant see Juve being attracted to that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jose fans thought Madrid is the next step for him, tough luck :D

Inter Yer Nan

Juventus fans despise him.

He's got no chance of getting that job.

And that's before considering how he's lost three dressing rooms in a row and been sacked twice in a row in disgrace. Cant see Juve being attracted to that.
Ah yeah that's true. It's PSG or Inter for Jose then. He's burned a lot of bridges and his credibility is at an all-time low right now.

Skills

Snitch
He's going to end up managing Saudi Arabia or Qatar in turn for the 2022 World Cup. I've said this for a while.

Kapardin

I think Inter are considering both him and Conte, but he may get the job due to his past connections.

Inter is a good platform for him to build his reputation again. It is a high pressure job as they expect more than just regular top 4 finishes, but I think taking the Real job would not be good for him. He may refuse to accept it, but he shows signs of severe burn-out, and Real in their current state and with their expectations would send him into a meltdown.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lyon could replace Génésio that would be Mourinho's greatest job of his career, try to beat PSG.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought Inter for a while, today's news pushes that up a notch.

No way will Spalletti be there next year so will certainly be a vacancy. Simeone would be their top target and he's staying at Atletico Madrid for a few more years (think that's another club I could see him at).

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
He can go only in minor leagues (france, italy, china)
seriously? i mean maybe we are not as dominant as we used to be for decades in the past but man to compare serie a to ligue 1 ore even the chinese League is super ignorant…..

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Please let him take the PSG job. If Jose thought Pogba was a drama queen, wait until Neymar tells him he can't play for a few weeks to party in Brazil.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Back to Serie A. If not Inter, then Roma.

KennyBurner

Imagine being so deluded as to think a toxic vile despicable human being can get away with getting another Top Tier Job like how they give those rotational english managers a job in this league. Mourinho is done out here for Life. He can start again in some farmers league and rise up by winning the champions league.:devil::devil::devil:

LingiBW

Maybe its time he retires from club football. He should try the Portuguese gig then after 2022 slide into oblivion.

It's going to be interesting to see what Jose does. He claims he will be at a club for pre-season.

Does he have it in him to adapt, learn and change?

A new set of player will know that if they don't like him they can down tools for a few months and everyone will say Jose strikes again. He's going to have to show some serious man man management skills (skills i don't think he has)

I'm sure he feels aggrieved and will want to prove he can still operate at the top and win things. I imagine a number of Italian teams will take him, not sure who in Spain or England would have him?

PSG? Do they want his brand of football? Can't imagine Neymar and Mbappe would enjoy playing as wingbacks...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The way he was talking about Real Madrid on his recent TV pundit appearances.

He thought he was going back I'm sure of it.
There was a report in one of the papers today that said he'd agreed a 3 year contract so seems he was even tipping off British journos. Maybe jumped the gun or Zidane suddenly decided to accept the job last night.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Huge blow to those cultists who swore he'd win his next trophy before us
https://www.skysports.com/football/...cted-jose-mourinho-return-says-roman-calderon

some deluded fanboys thought he could walk into a big job. got the rejection. :lol:
Delighted. Some cultists on here were cocksure his glistening reputation and past glories would see him conquer the world once again and that madrid would snap him up no questions asked. Hihihi.

You're wrong. Again.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Stubborn as he may be, I wonder if he'll realise he sort of has no option but to adapt and change his working methods at this point. Genuinely reckon this is his last shot at a fairly big job, wherever he goes. If he fails this time I can't see anyone taking him on for the considerable future.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
PSG is the only big job he has any hope of landing in the near future, so he'll probably hold out for that if there's any possibility of it happening.

Inter would make a bit of sense, but I think taking it would end his chances of ever getting a real top job again unless he does something miraculous there like winning Serie A or the Champions League.

Canagel

Delighted. Some cultists on here were cocksure his glistening reputation and past glories would see him conquer the world once again and that madrid would snap him up no questions asked. Hihihi.

You're wrong. Again.
no big club with sense will be touching him with a bargepole. i think he just got a reality check.

Djemba-Djemba

There was a report in one of the papers today that said he'd agreed a 3 year contract so seems he was even tipping off British journos. Maybe jumped the gun or Zidane suddenly decided to accept the job last night.
I really hope so.

I had a horrible feeling he'd known for a while the Madrid job was a possibility which is why he completely gave up at Utd. Him doing that thinking he was going back to Madrid only to be told nah sorry Jose, don't want you mate makes me feel a warm glow of happiness :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really hope so.

I had a horrible feeling he'd known for a while the Madrid job was a possibility which is why he completely gave up at Utd. Him doing that thinking he was going back to Madrid only to be told nah sorry Jose, don't want you mate makes me feel a warm glow of happiness :lol:
That's incredibly mean.:lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Stubborn as he may be, I wonder if he'll realise he sort of has no option but to adapt and change his working methods at this point. Genuinely reckon this is his last shot at a fairly big job, wherever he goes. If he fails this time I can't see anyone taking him on for the considerable future.
He had a chance to do this at United but didn't. Don't see him ever changing.