What next for Mourinho?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wonder how will he manage with not much money to spend and losing best players.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mourinho is an opportunist. He went to Inter who dominated the league with the specific objective of winning the CL. He would definitely take the PSG job if he was promised everything he wanted.
Sure, he recently said his goal to coach as soon as possible, and win a Champions League.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They gotta be lyon
The problem with Lyon is that they rely heavily on their academy and developing youngish players. If he is willing to adapt it could be a great opportunity for both because Lyon can spend a little bit, they have a very good academy and Mourinho could attract players with his name and reputation.

Djemba-Djemba

The problem with Lyon is that they rely heavily on their academy and developing youngish players. If he is willing to adapt it could be a great opportunity for both because Lyon can spend a little bit, they have a very good academy and Mourinho could attract players with his name and reputation.
Never going to happen.

JPRouve

Scout
Never going to happen.
That's what I think too but if he was to sign for Lyon he would be in a unique position. At Lyon Aulas is the only man that matters everything is dealt with and by him, someone like Mourinho wouldn't have anyone to blame, no internal war to create other than going head to head with the boss. And that's a pretty bad idea.

Djemba-Djemba

That's what I think too but if he was to sign for Lyon he would be in a unique position. At Lyon Aulas is the only man that matters everything is dealt with and by him, someone like Mourinho wouldn't have anyone to blame, no internal war to create other than going head to head with the boss. And that's a pretty bad idea.
He could find the ideal dream scenario for a manager with the most patient and friendly boss and he'd still find a way to fall out with everyone and create a depressing toxic atmosphere.

His big issue I think is he cannot relate to the modern player. He doesn't seem to like or trust any young player, he can't get through to them and he seems to actively dislike them. That's why I think he's finished at the top level.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he'll wait before taking up a job like Lyon, Monaco etc .Personally think he'll be at Inter next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't believe people think Mourinho to Lyon/Monaco is a possibility :lol:

He will only go to PSG. He's going to promise he will win them the CL, that they are desperate for.

Alabaster Codify7

Could definitely see him taking either job with the aim of being the underdog that embarasses the big gun. and failing. He's finished at the top table.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I still don't believe PSG are that desperate. Can't imagine Mourinho and Neymar working together.

JPRouve

Scout
Obviously he's going to PSG. The french press won't stop talking about it. And that's why Mou is going 100% "proud daddy" with Mbappé.
I'm pretty sure that Tuchel will be at PSG next season that's pretty much PSG's M.O. And the french press don't really talk about Mourinho at PSG, currently the talk is about Lyon because they are supposed to announce whether Génésio stays or not by March 31.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
He refused to coach PSG several times and already criticized PSG, the owners for breaching the FFP, and the French league, saying something like "The best coaches want to work in the best leagues", "Unfair competition from PSG/City", "French league boring"...

It seems that money, the acquisition of Neymar/M'bappé and the lack of opportunities have changed his mind.

Despite his comments, I am not against to see him offered a one-year-contract one day!
Mourinho would never take that. At least three years and brace yourself for the meltdown while praying he wins the CL within the first two seasons.

I still don't believe PSG are that desperate. Can't imagine Mourinho and Neymar working together.
There would be drama everyday at the Parc des Princes. I would pay to watch. :drool:

Saffron

Mourinho would never take that. At least three years and brace yourself for the meltdown while praying he wins the CL within the first two seasons.
What’s bizarre is that his original contract with us was also a 3 year deal that was set to expire in the summer of 2019!

But good old Woody just couldn’t help himself and offered an extension already in January 2018. And we all know what happened next.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sure, he will never take that.

There would be drama everyday at the Parc des Princes. I would pay to watch. :drool:
No drama because, despite appearances, Neymar is a very professional player always highly-performing.

Mourinho is more concerned by players whose performances are irregular and inconsistent

iHicksy

Jose has always publically slated the french league saying it's no challenge and the quality is low. It'll be a pretty damning verdict of how far he's fallen if he takes a job there.

Saffron

No drama because, despite appearances, Neymar is a very professional player always highly-performing.

Mourinho is more concerned by players whose performances are irregular and inconsistent
Yeah, that must be why Mourinho had problems with Ronaldo :lol:

DocRockter

I remember him watching Lille - Montpellier on 16th of Feb and looking quite depressed, for what it's worth..

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
What’s bizarre is that his original contract with us was also a 3 year deal that was set to expire in the summer of 2019!

But good old Woody just couldn’t help himself and offered an extension already in January 2018. And we all know what happened next.
Well, in Woody's defence, Mourinho's friends in the press had starting floating around rumours about (guess who?) PSG flirting around with Mourinho and I think the bluff worked.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

This sounds like wishful thinking, you would really like to have him at PSG to win that elusive CL, won't you? :D

I'm not too sure Mourinho's only concern is about being professional and highly-performing, otherwise he wouldn't have lost three consecutive dressing rooms like he so spectacularly did. Would Neymar be convinced to track back and defend? Neymar doesn't look to me like the sort of player who would thrive under Mourinho's management. On the contrary, he could become irregular and inconsistent with Mourinho.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
This sounds like wishful thinking, you would really like to have him at PSG to win that elusive CL, won't you? :D

I'm not too sure Mourinho's only concern is about being professional and highly-performing, otherwise he wouldn't have lost three consecutive dressing rooms like he so spectacularly did. Would Neymar be convinced to track back and defend? Neymar doesn't look to me like the sort of player who would thrive under Mourinho's management. On the contrary, he could become irregular and inconsistent with Mourinho.
In the next 2 years, I would like Tuchel to stay and make it happen.

In the next 15 years, I'm not against 12 months under Mourinho just to see what would happen :D

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Would Mourinho really take a job like Lyon or Monaco? The chances of overtaking PSG in the league are virtually zero, the difference in resources are from a different planet. Don't see him in a job at a club that is such a big underdog.

I could see him go to PSG though.

TheHeya

There’s only one job in Ligue 1 that fits Mourinho and that’s PSG. No way would his first club after two sackings be one where he isn’t guaranteed silverwear fast.

JPRouve

Scout
Okay. Didn't know that. Why wasn't he offered an extension? I thought PSG looked a better side under him
The team wasn't playing well, the players didn't like him and the results weren't particularly good.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Okay. Didn't know that. Why wasn't he offered an extension? I thought PSG looked a better side under him
No at all. I am strongly disappointed for many reasons but the most important ones are:

(1) he lacked courage to make the right choices when necessary (see the case of Rabiot at Bernabeu)
(2) failed to have a good relationship with Neymar
(3) The 1st leg against Madrid last season and the 2nd leg against Barcelona one year earlier have shown his managerial and tactical skills.

He was paid to deliver at the European level and did not take the best of the team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Tuchel is getting a 1 year extension.
Yeah said before but PSG never really sack managers after one year. They usually give them two years to do something in CL (Emery was kept on after the Camp Nou disaster) so don't really see Mourinho waiting another 12 months, he'll pop up somewhere else in the meantime.

Said before I can see him going back to Inter, would he take the Milan job if offered or is that too much given how much he did with Inter in his spell there?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah said before but PSG never really sack managers after one year. They usually give them two years to do something in CL (Emery was kept on after the Camp Nou disaster) so don't really see Mourinho waiting another 12 months, he'll pop up somewhere else in the meantime.

Said before I can see him going back to Inter, would he take the Milan job if offered or is that too much given how much he did with Inter in his spell there?
Probably not considering how often big names move from club to club in Italy.