What next for Mourinho?

Bojan11

I think his time at "giant clubs" is over. People must surely be realizing he has not and will not change. 3 seasons max before he pisses everyone off and goes off on one. Maybe he could manage Juventus for 3-years at best as Serie A is doable for him and they can have someone else do their transfers. Very few clubs would want a man who sets you up like a midtable club to nullify your opposition 1st
Erm did you see his reaction after beating Juve. He was taunting their fans. He is never joining them

Irwin99

He always said he'd go back to Inter one day. Would Real Madrid fans take to him again after the last time?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe international management? I'd say international football as a whole remains a lot more cautious and restrained in how people approach games compared to club football. In that sense his tactics might not be quite as outdated. Indeed, you could argue there's a few cases of older, largely out-of-touch managers who nevertheless looked alright in the international game before/after a big club job where they flopped. Like Mourinho's predecessor...
And not to mention, his siege mentality tactics will probably work over a World Cup campaign, the modern player would probably embrace it for a few week period chasing football's biggest prize.

He always said he'd go back to Inter one day. Would Real Madrid fans take to him again after the last time?
If he had any sense he will stay away from Inter because they are probably the only fans that still love him for who he was, that won't last long if he goes back.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
My guess he will win a trophy before we do.

He's still the most successful united manager post fergie, trophy wise.

Unless the new manager can win us the 3 trophies in 2 season he'll probably win one before we do

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
And not to mention, his siege mentality tactics will probably work over a World Cup campaign, the modern player would probably embrace it for a few week period chasing football's biggest prize.
Yeah, especially when they're only playing a limited number of games with him. Less time for the inevitable fall-outs.

Luke1995

At Chelsea and Madrid he stayed full 3 seasons, then when he came back to Chelsea was sacked in the middle of the 3rd and now sacked in the 3rd again. I wonder given this progression if he would even last a full two seasons in his next job. It's possible he starts getting sacked in two seasons now. Watch out for this.

dannyando

Luton Town. They're a club befitting of a man with his managerial ability. Why would Inter want this germ?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone else non United relieved in a way? Although it was in Chelsea's best interests for him to stay at United he's been in the PL for nearly 6 years (the break between Chelsea and United didn't feel much like one as we were still feeling the effects of his all time collapse) and Jose and everything that comes with him gets mentally tiring after a while, as an avid PL follower im lowkey glad for thd break.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Probably Inter, they love him there, they should be in the CL next season and they had (have?) this knack for bottling shit recently.

WensleyMU

He failed at Chelsea and failed at United. He left scorched earth at Real. Besides Inter, I don't think any of the Big clubs would consider taking him back (Real maybe). Sooner or later he will run out of big clubs. Unless he wins the CL again his market value has decreased significantly.
You have to be pretty fecking successful in life to be considered a failure when your trophy haul contains 1 PL title, 2 League Cups and 1 Europa League in the 5 years since he returned to Chelsea.

leontas

Don't see him managing in England in the near future. He'll most likely go on a little sabbatical and return to RM or Italy in the summer.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't understand why everyone is saying RM when its clear for anyone who speaks with any Madrid fan, no one wants him back, its a myth perpetrated by the media.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Serie A is where he belongs. That or international football. Would be shocked if any big side from Spain or England touch him, hes as far from being suited for Bayern/Dortmund as anyone, and hes said before he doesnt want PSG and the French league (and they have Tuchel now anyway). He's still idolized by Inter, his style of play suits the league and the big teams there, he probably feels more at home.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Problem is you seem to forget Porto was 2002 to 2004, first time at Chelsea between 2004 to 2007 and Inter 2008 to 2010.

The difference to Guardiola is you know he needs great players and improves them, while Mourinho these days instead of improving them turns them into shit.

I cannot understand those who still come with the argumentation he is great because he won a lot when in fact the last years are showing us he wins less and less with no top players wanting to play for him. Don't count on me with blind patriotism I tell it like it is.
It's not blind patriotism it's the fact that people are very quick to write someone off or go with the general opinion because its the one being echoed by the majority. Just because someone or many people say something repeatedly does not make it true.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's not blind patriotism it's the fact that people are very quick to write someone off or go with the general opinion because its the one being echoed by the majority. Just because someone or many people say something repeatedly does not make it true.
I don't say it because the others say, I just look at what has been happening since he left RM. Its quite obvious.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wouldn't have him at Spurs either tbh. Not even because of anything to do with playing style or whatever. I'm sure he'd pick up a couple of trophies in his time here.

It is that he is quite clearly a very toxic manager and would spend his time here (max of 3 years) fighting with everyone. He'd be calling out Levy, calling Eriksen weak, Kane lazy, Trippier a skinhead, Lloris unreliable. He'd call the fans quiet and tell us that we've never had it so good when we got knocked out in Europe.

He'd be a complete drag emotionally. And the couple of trophies he'd likely win wouldn't be worth that for me, I'm sorry. I watch football as entertainment and to enjoy myself. Not as a soap opera where my manager is the villain. I don't think I could handle him and his negativity.

I'm sure wherever he goes, he will continue to win trophies though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Spaletti is fecked. Jose is going back there where he is god for fans and board. And he will win trophies there again. That team is perfect for him. Great defence, quick wingers, box to box midfielders and Icardi.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I don't say it because the others say, I just look at what has been happening since he left RM. Its quite obvious.
What I think is that in his whole career he has yet to take time off for himself he should take a year or so away from football. What looks obvious to me is he is burned out at this moment.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What I think is that in his whole career he has yet to take time off for himself he should take a year or so away from football. What looks obvious to me is he is burned out at this moment.
Ah, ok, not that I think that is the only problem, but surely he needs. Of course it won't work if he returns thinking that doing and saying the same things he will win again. He has to reivent himself, probably change all the entire technical staff too.

Faria already isn't working with him, remember that some of his major sucesses were when AVB worked with him as the guy who did all the opponent analysis for him. A lot of things changed since then, time to move on or stop.

Bwuk

Think he needs a break for a year or two.

I don’t think he relates to the modern player.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Think he needs a break for a year or two.

I don’t think he relates to the modern player.
The odd thing is that he is looking more like Souness, the guy who was always making critics. They hate modern players, and they hate Pogba. :D

Pughnichi

What next for Maureen? Seriously? Who cares. I have zero interest in his career path from here on in

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Outside of Inter, I’m having trouble seeing any biggish club wanting him right now. Well, perhaps Bayern when Kovac falls flat. But I can’t imagine the Bayern fans having the stomach for the kind of football he produces.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

I don’t like mourinho after this day, he can go to hell.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

I don’t like mourinho after this day, he can go to hell.
Just to give some context, during a Sporting-Porto in 2004 Sporting scored a goal after Rui Jorge took a quick throw in while a Porto player was injured. After the game there was an exchange of shirts as it normally happens. Mourinho ripped Rui Jorge's shirt in the dressing room and said that he wished Rui Jorge would die on the pitch.

People who say Mourinho needs an holiday to cool down and enjoy life as it will make him a better manager don't really understand that this is as mellow as he's ever been.

Fun fact, Fernando Santos was Sporting's manager that day and he's now Portugal's manager, Rui Jorge is Portugal's U21 manager and Mourinho the most likely successor to Fernando Santos.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Portugal national team.

Or how about Porto? No real pressure and back to where it all started.

X0X Tan

Supports
Brasil
I think he is still top manager, just his game does not suit the fan, a defensive play manager. Defenders and 2 defensive midfielders defense solidly, once got the ball on counter attack to the target man like Drogba and feeding the ball to the great game changer like Hazard.

But the main problem is after spending 280 million net he still could not find a new Terry, Drogba, Kante, Drogba or Hazard.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Go see lvg in Portugal drink some wine together and bitch about United and Woodward.

Then while there get the Portugal NT job

BlueHaze

Well since he is never going to change his methods I'd say retire and never come back. His methods are out aged but because they have given him success in the past he keeps doing the same thing even though it is obvious it won't work. He is the classic example of a manager who couldn't adapt due to being so incredibly stubborn and narcissistic.

The man gets sacked every third season in and he leaves the clubs in an absolute mess. You would have to be as thick as a plank to hire him after witnessing his disastrous last season at Chelsea followed by his escapade over here. Hopefully wherever he goes he will take Matic, Fellaini and the belgian Altidore with him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Spaletti is fecked. Jose is going back there where he is god for fans and board. And he will win trophies there again. That team is perfect for him. Great defence, quick wingers, box to box midfielders and Icardi.
And then we will lament that how good a manager we had no?

Josep Dowling

The only place I see him going is Inter or AC Milan. No doubt in 2/3 years time we will get drawn against his side in the Champions League and he will knock us out with ultra defensive tactics.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He will most likely stay in England, unless Bayern comes in. A club like Spurs or even Leicester, can be very attractive projects.