What next for Mourinho?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by 2cents, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Aug 1, 2019

billybee99 New Member

SAF
  2. Aug 1, 2019

Bullhitter Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    The thing is he already tried the whole "i'm a new man" spiel prior to and when getting the United job and now people are listening to him peddling the same lines again and just thinking we've heard it before.

It would make you think that a club who knows what he is like first hand and are desperate enough to accept it is his best way back to the top level but then again Inter seemingly had no interest in him this summer.
  3. Aug 1, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I think in europe he adapted, probably due to Quieroz influence. In premier league he still stayed true to 4-4-2/4-3-3 direct attacking play to the end.

Of course where Fergie was the master was adapting to generational change in attitude of players which Mourinho has struggled to deal with in last 5 years.
  4. Aug 1, 2019

romufc Full Member

Jose stuggles to deal with big personalities, he seems to fall out with the wrong players. Falling out with Influential players will not help your case.

His achievements at Inter and Porto were brilliant but that was teams who are happy to play defensive - counter attack. The bigger teams nowadays with Pep, Klopp and the like around, fans want good football.

Jose also has no idea how to improve players ability, thats why he needs players in their peak.
  5. Aug 1, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

He's speaking a lot of hypocritical BS in the new part of the interview, that is about Lampard and Chelsea. :lol:
  6. Aug 1, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    :lol:

He's delusional
  7. Aug 2, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

It just gets worse

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, Mourinho spoke candidly about his time at Old Trafford, and believes winning the Europa League in 2017 and finishing second to 100-point Manchester City in 2018 constituted real success.

The 56-year-old, who holds a higher Premier League win percentage than Jurgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino and Arsene Wenger, is enjoying time out of the game after leaving United in December, and gave a fascinating insight into his character off the pitch.

"I can just say that the Manchester United time was not an easy time. I always felt that to win the Europa League was fantastic and it didn't look like it was, the way people approach it.

"To finish second was even more than that [success], so probably I was feeling a little bit like: 'Wow, I'm working well, I'm giving everything and I'm not getting what I think that deserves'.

"The only thing I can promise you is that when I have the next club, the next project, I will be so, so happy that I will walk into that press conference with a big smile. That I can promise."
  8. Aug 2, 2019

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Zé translated to english is Joe, which makes it even funnier.
  9. Aug 2, 2019

André Dominguez Full Member

Supports:
    Benfica, Académica
    Mourinho should had absorbed the message by now. A good number of top clubs changed manager this summer, and none of them cared about offering him a contract.
  10. Aug 2, 2019

GM K Full Member

Mourinho will be back in a top team by Christmas, latest by next Summer. Modern football clubs are too fickle and too impatient when it comes to not winning. He is still a good manager with hunger, a high profile and a brilliant agent.
  11. Aug 2, 2019

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I don't think he will, it was said a lot this summer some club would hire him because of his CV but no one touched him. He was lucky Woodward was naive enough to think the Chelsea collapse wasn't down to him, no sane person will touch him now after it's happened twice.

Ten or even five years ago if Mourinho was on the market while us and Inter had a vacancy we would have been fighting over him, this time we appoint a manager who hasn't managed a single game in the top flight while Inter choose a Juve legend.
  12. Aug 2, 2019

Cheesy Bread with dipping sauce Scout

Someone desperate may take a punt but there's very little to indicate he has much to offer as a manager at this stage considering his disastrous most recent stints.
  13. Aug 2, 2019

LVGWay New Member

He’ll be back soon, probably at Real if Zidane keeps on losing. I can bet you now Mourinho will win a trophy before Manchester United do
  14. Aug 2, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

Him going 1 year +, potentially 1,5, in a period where a lot of big clubs have changed managers says it all, doesn't it ?
  15. Aug 2, 2019

GM K Full Member

It says something but not everything. There is no doubt at all that his star has dimmed. But I think he can't be written off yet for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
  16. Aug 2, 2019

Greck Full Member

You see why Jose disciple are so hated. How does any right minded fan think to make a bet like this against his own club? It's not even a realistic projection at the moment because the man is unemployed. Unless you mean a trophy in the Chinese premier league
  17. Aug 2, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

It's a big step towards him being considered as not good enough at the highest level.
  18. Aug 2, 2019

RedPed Full Member

If he hadn't been such a miserable prat and playing shit on a stick football, he would still have been here. His United legacy was there for the taking but he blew it. I don't understand why he just doesn't take on a decent club with potential. Waiting for the perfect club to drop in his lap is just testament to his still-inflated ego. Unless he's holding out for the Madrid job again, which is quite likely? Other than that I can only see Juve or PSG.
  19. Aug 2, 2019

Relfy Full Member

I can only see him coming back at PSG unless Madrid have a shocker this year and Zidane goes. I think Juve will be working to being in Pep so it rules that out and city wont make such a drastic change.

His options are running out for a top tier club.
  20. Aug 2, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

After his stint with Inter it's highly unlikely that Juventus will opt for him. PSG don't want the negative publicity.

Best bet is if Zidane screws up and he ends up at Real Madrid again
  21. Aug 2, 2019

LVGWay New Member

It is realistic. We aren’t winning anything with Ole
  22. Aug 2, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

Better bet your house/flat on that since you are so sure.
  23. Aug 2, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

He is a cult hero to some. I know two people who started following us cause of him. He is incredible really.
  24. Aug 2, 2019

SirAF Ageist

:drool:
  25. Aug 2, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

Hopefully they join him in his next job. Sir Bobby Charlton was right about the guy, we should have never appointed him and welcomed all the BS that comes with him.
  26. Aug 2, 2019

Greck Full Member

Hopefully. Some of these guys are the stench that stays in the room after the source has long gone
  27. Aug 2, 2019

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Must be a mentally exhausting role, i felt totally wiped out by the time he left us the 2nd time.
  28. Aug 2, 2019

Robertd0803 Full Member

This whole day with Jose crap strikes me as him trying to stay relevant.

Odd how Inter really wanted him the summer he joined us but wouldnt touch him with a barge pole this summer.
  29. Aug 2, 2019

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Because no one's going to fall for "it's the players and board not me" for a 3rd time, eventually the common denominatior is called out. I imagine he gets asked why it went wrong in any interviews he has to which he obviously can't give a satisfactory answer.

He should either stick to punditary (as he still has tactical knowledge that wipes the floor with most other pundits) or take an international role (players are more likely to buy into the intense siege mentality thing for a month long shot at a World Cup).
  30. Aug 3, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

Real Madrid with Pogba :devil:
  31. Aug 3, 2019

Hellboy Full Member

Well apparently Perez wanted him over ZZ and played it safe to please the socios. Jose is still holding out for the RM
    job.
  32. Aug 3, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Can see him at Madrid when Zidane isn't working out.
  33. Aug 3, 2019

Irwin99 Full Member

Get the feeling he was disappointed by his experience at United from day one and he looked pretty joyless in his very first interview. In hindsight we were a bad fit and I doubt he'll get much of a good reception here when he returns as an oppo manager.

My favourite quote of his came a little while after he first arrived; 'when i came here I found a sad club'....yeah and you left it fecking miserable as hell. Last year's preseason was one of the most genuinely depressing times I can recall as a fan, such was the mood he created.
  34. Aug 3, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

If Perez wanted him over Zidane he would've fecking hired him instead of Zidane....
  35. Aug 3, 2019

Hellboy Full Member

Not with the majority of the socios not wanting him.
  36. Aug 3, 2019

UncleBob Full Member

It's Perez.

It's not some elaborate plot.

Mourinho wasn't first choice.
  37. Aug 4, 2019

Robertd0803 Full Member

I agree the way the United role ended really hasn't done him any favours.

Even at international level it would be hard to see him taking over anywhere other than Portugal. And even then considering they are in the middle of their most successful period in history he isnt going to improve on recent success.
  38. Aug 4, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Is there really a high chance of ZZ getting the chop? This Real team needs a rebuild, and that will take more than a season. Surely ZZ gets some time?
  39. Aug 4, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

If they keep getting destroyed by Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in direct matches, Perez and the fans might get very restless.
  40. Aug 4, 2019

GM K Full Member

I can't disagree with that. If he still has a chance to disprove this, it certainly can't be more than one last shot. The ball is in his court, really.